**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Thinking of going Feb 28th. Just the 4 adults in our group for a grown up evening, we have AP's since we have 2 trips this year....hard to spend more money, but the the idea of walk on rides and an evening of adult fun ? :) ?
I have started booking trips around DAH because it is so much fun even with an AP! So yes I think this is a perfect event for 4 adults to have an awesome time!

FYI, I don't believe DAH is being offered on February 21. It's not available on the website, and also isn't listed on Touring Plans' list of DAH dates. At first I thought it might be sold out since that's Presidents' Week, but I called the special events number that someone posted here to call for a handful of dates (including February 21), and they confirmed that it's not being offered that night. Such a bummer. @detroitdad , I saw you listed in the Dis attendees for February 21. Were you able to book for that night? Am I missing something??
I’m assuming they didn’t put one on February 21 because of president’s day. I guess they could always sneak one in like they did for this last one.

FYI, I don't believe DAH is being offered on February 21. It's not available on the website, and also isn't listed on Touring Plans' list of DAH dates. At first I thought it might be sold out since that's Presidents' Week, but I called the special events number that someone posted here to call for a handful of dates (including February 21), and they confirmed that it's not being offered that night. Such a bummer. @detroitdad , I saw you listed in the Dis attendees for February 21. Were you able to book for that night? Am I missing something??

If accurate, someone might want to tell the website folks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

2/21 was one of the ‘new’ DAH dates that was just released a few weeks ago that hasn’t become bookable online yet.

Not doubting what you were told, but I might be inclined to call the number on the web site again and see if you get the same story. Something doesn’t seen right between what Disney has announced (and is on their website) vs what you were told.

If anyone else can confirm/deny any info, I’d very much appreciate it. TY!

If accurate, someone might want to tell the website folks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

2/21 was one of the ‘new’ DAH dates that was just released a few weeks ago that hasn’t become bookable online yet.

Not doubting what you were told, but I might be inclined to call the number on the web site again and see if you get the same story. Something doesn’t seen right between what Disney has announced (and is on their website) vs what you were told.

If anyone else can confirm/deny any info, I’d very much appreciate it. TY!

The number in the website is definitely the one I called this morning, but I’ll call again, armed with this website reference. I would LOVE to be wrong!!

Has anyone walked up to the ticket window for the AP discount day of. We aren't rope dropping Dec 3rd but don't want to get them and then have everyone to tired to go.

Has anyone walked up to the ticket window for the AP discount day of. We aren't rope dropping Dec 3rd but don't want to get them and then have everyone to tired to go.

I am not 100% sure what the real policy is, but online you can’t get an AP discount day-of and I think the same applies at the ticket window. BUT you may get into “YMMV” CM territory as far as what they may do for you on any given day. If you do try it, would love to know the results if you think about it.

Caution: first World whine ahead.

I bought DAH tickets for HS just over a week ago and was charged $25 to ship them to my location (Canada). They came via UPS. A few days later, I bought DAH for MK and paid $0 for them to ship to Canada and they came via UPS. 4 days ago, I bought an extra MK DAH ticket for a last minute joiner after having already received both other ticket bundles from UPS. I paid $0 in shipping and it is being sent via USPS with no tracking number and will take forever to get here. So weird and arbitrary?????

Many thanks to @Tessaf, @Elle23, @Babs1975, @Magnoliafan, and @jalpert for checking in with their reviews from Monday, even though none of us like you since you had the best DAH night ever! :rolleyes1 (Just kidding)

Links to review posts have been added to Post #10.

Next up is this coming Monday, 12/3. Looking forward to hearing how things go.

If anyone who went on 11/26 or is going 12/3 happens to know or see any of the following, I would very much appreciate any info:

- There was a report from 11/26 that they held DAH ticket holders at the front entrance until 7pm... I'd love to hear from others who either went 11/26 or are going 12/3 if they experienced/experience something similar. This would be something different than the 6pm'ish entry that has been the case for most of 2018.
- If you're already in the park via other park admission, locations of any stations set up for credential pick-up.
- Confirmation if the Tangled Lantern PhotoPass is out during DAH.

THANKS ALL!

Many thanks to @Tessaf, @Elle23, @Babs1975, @Magnoliafan, and @jalpert for checking in with their reviews from Monday, even though none of us like you since you had the best DAH night ever! :rolleyes1 (Just kidding)

Links to review posts have been added to Post #10.

Next up is this coming Monday, 12/3. Looking forward to hearing how things go.

If anyone who went on 11/26 or is going 12/3 happens to know or see any of the following, I would very much appreciate any info:

- There was a report from 11/26 that they held DAH ticket holders at the front entrance until 7pm... I'd love to hear from others who either went 11/26 or are going 12/3 if they experienced/experience something similar. This would be something different than the 6pm'ish entry that has been the case for most of 2018.
- If you're already in the park via other park admission, locations of any stations set up for credential pick-up.
- Confirmation if the Tangled Lantern PhotoPass is out during DAH.

THANKS ALL!

I did see the Tangled Latern PhotoPass available on 11/26.

- If you're already in the park via other park admission, locations of any stations set up for credential pick-up
This report came from me, so I’ll just clarify that it’s what I was told by a cast member when I arrived just before 6:30. She said that DAH guests would be let in at 7. I used my AP to get in immediately, so I have no idea if they stayed firm at 7 or let anyone in earlier. But there were a handful of people waiting at the DAH entrance when I walked away.

I also asked the cast member for the internal check-in locations. She actually had to ask another cast member, who told her that there are 2 locations. One was Tortuga (where I went), but I can’t remember the other.

This report came from me, so I’ll just clarify that it’s what I was told by a cast member when I arrived just before 6:30. She said that DAH guests would be let in at 7. I used my AP to get in immediately, so I have no idea if they stayed firm at 7 or let anyone in earlier. But there were a handful of people waiting at the DAH entrance when I walked away.

I also asked the cast member for the internal check-in locations. She actually had to ask another cast member, who told her that there are 2 locations. One was Tortuga (where I went), but I can’t remember the other.

Awesome - thank you!

In the past (this summer) the other credential pickup spot has been just outside of Stitch by the FP kiosks.

Thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter