**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I have a question about entering. We have PH and are doing Epcot that morning, then back to the hotel for a few hours to rest. We plan to come back to MK at 5pm. I'm pretty sure we can't pick up our wristband/lanyard that early, so where would we head around 7pm to pick them up? Will we have to exit the park and come in the event entrance?

I have a question about entering. We have PH and are doing Epcot that morning, then back to the hotel for a few hours to rest. We plan to come back to MK at 5pm. I'm pretty sure we can't pick up our wristband/lanyard that early, so where would we head around 7pm to pick them up? Will we have to exit the park and come in the event entrance?
From post #6:
  • The FP kiosks area just outside of the former Stich's Great Escape ride
  • Tortuga Tavern (note: I'd love to know exactly where)
  • Liberty Square ticket office
  • City Hall guest relations office

View attachment 373371 When Dh says he really wants to go to Disney after hours even though we’ve already talked about it and I know we need to save our vacation for other things but the plane tickets are $49 each way:
$49 each way? I am sold!

With airfare that low you could honestly book all the flights and eat the cost later if you decide you absolutely cannot go.

$49 each way? I am sold!

With airfare that low you could honestly book all the flights and eat the cost later if you decide you absolutely cannot go.
That’s without bags and seat selections unfortunately. Still a good price but adds up. We are using 3 weeks vacation for Japan and possibly another week in April for my brother’s winging. So if we go to Disney Dh won’t have like any vacation left for the rest of the year for sick days or Christmas.

That’s without bags and seat selections unfortunately. Still a good price but adds up. We are using 3 weeks vacation for Japan and possibly another week in April for my brother’s winging. So if we go to Disney Dh won’t have like any vacation left for the rest of the year for sick days or Christmas.
Hmmm then maybe hold off. The flights seem like they will go up pretty high with those additional fees.

If you really need to find a Disney fix, maybe a long holiday weekend would help. I know flights may not be ideal cost-wise and there’s may be more crowds, but 1 vacation day could get you 4 nights, 5 days!

Hmmm then maybe hold off. The flights seem like they will go up pretty high with those additional fees.

If you really need to find a Disney fix, maybe a long holiday weekend would help. I know flights may not be ideal cost-wise and there’s may be more crowds, but 1 vacation day could get you 4 nights, 5 days!
I think the only reason for us to go would be to do all 3 after hours events and when I looked it seemed like we would need to be there for an entire week

I'm torn on this for Jan 28 due to the early closing and them not allowing anyone in til 7 recently. I will have an AP, but the others won't, so we can't go in until 7 and it ends at 11pm. Conversely, in August, we got in at 6 and DAH was until 1am....same cost. :mad:

2 questions that I've tried to figure out to no avail.
1. MAH in June, is it a thing typically?
and
2. Do they offer military discount for tickets?

Thanks for your help. We're discussing EMH vs MAH and I'd welcome your thoughts, so I guess that's 3 questions...oops! :)

Question about FP booking with DAH ticket...I understand that you can book FP at MK for prior to the DAH start if you don't have any other FP booked that day. If we go to DAH on a Thursday, and have FP booked at AK on Friday (with regular ticket admission), will booking FP for Thursday at MK using the DAH ticket affect/cause cancellation of the AK FP on Friday? (I really hope this makes sense!) I don't want DAH FP to mess up any FP I might book on that Friday!

Also, does anyone have a link for a "best way to maximize rides" schedule for a typical DAH night? A "touring plan for DAH", so to speak?

Thank you so much! :) We're seriously considering doing the March 28th DAH, and we're newbies! :)

Question about FP booking with DAH ticket...I understand that you can book FP at MK for prior to the DAH start if you don't have any other FP booked that day. If we go to DAH on a Thursday, and have FP booked at AK on Friday (with regular ticket admission), will booking FP for Thursday at MK using the DAH ticket affect/cause cancellation of the AK FP on Friday? (I really hope this makes sense!) I don't want DAH FP to mess up any FP I might book on that Friday!

Also, does anyone have a link for a "best way to maximize rides" schedule for a typical DAH night? A "touring plan for DAH", so to speak?

Thank you so much! :) We're seriously considering doing the March 28th DAH, and we're newbies! :)
Your first question is hard to answer because everyone has had different experiences. I would say most of the people have had no issue with the FPS but some people have gotten emails saying their other FPS will be deleted because they have too many. So really it’s dependent on you and if you want to take the risk. Do you have another mk day? You will honestly get every ride or close to every ride done at dah.

As for your second question, we started in Adventureland and Frontierland, crossed over to Tomorrowland, and finished in fantasyland.

Your first question is hard to answer because everyone has had different experiences. I would say most of the people have had no issue with the FPS but some people have gotten emails saying their other FPS will be deleted because they have too many. So really it’s dependent on you and if you want to take the risk. Do you have another mk day? You will honestly get every ride or close to every ride done at dah.

As for your second question, we started in Adventureland and Frontierland, crossed over to Tomorrowland, and finished in fantasyland.
Thank you for the info about the "touring plan"...that's helpful and a good starting point for us in planning the evening.

If you do get the email regarding FP cancellation, do you have the opportunity to correct the situation (AKA cancel the MK pre-DAH FP) before they cancel the others? Or is the email a "done deal"?

Thank you for the info about the "touring plan"...that's helpful and a good starting point for us in planning the evening.

If you do get the email regarding FP cancellation, do you have the opportunity to correct the situation (AKA cancel the MK pre-DAH FP) before they cancel the others? Or is the email a "done deal"?
I think most people have been able to cancel before Disney cancels them for you. But some people didn’t even get an email and their FPS were just deleted. Like I said, it’s been different for everyone. We’ve been twice and we didn’t have any issues with FPS being deleted.

Mainly our strategy was to leave fantasyland for last

If this is a serious issue for your family member I would consider valet parking at the contemporary so you can walk back and your relative can use the bathroom while you wait for your car. It costs more than parking at the parks but with what DAH costs, worth the additional expense to not have anxiety and bathroom issues. I dealt with both with my child on the monorail and it was not fun, I'll tell you that. Late night Disney transportation can be unreliable in timing.

Am I reading this correctly? You can Valet Park at the Contemporary and leave your car there while you're at DAH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter