• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We did dah this year the first week of March and it was beautiful out. It’s really hard to tell that time of year what the weather will be like.
Lol! We did the last March date in 2018 and froze! Had on polar fleece and had to buy hoodies to put over them. It was cold! We still had a great event!

Lol! We did the last March date in 2018 and froze! Had on polar fleece and had to buy hoodies to put over them. It was cold! We still had a great event!
Wow yeah we had shorts and t shirts on and weren’t cold at all. I know the second week of March people said it was cold. We must be lucky because we’ve done that first week of March the last three years and have always had warm beautiful weather

Hi, all. Apologies if this has already been addressed in this thread...

What transportation options are available to the Polynesian after the event? Just bus to poly and ferry to TTC or also resort monorail and boat?

Thanks!

What transportation options are available to the Polynesian after the event? Just bus to poly and ferry to TTC or also resort monorail and boat?

Thanks!
Post #7 goes over all options, but the resort monorail and resort boat launch will both stop with the normal MK close time. The only options for Poly will be bus and ferry to TTC then walk.

Thanks!

From my recent experiences, Poly and GF share a bus after DAH. My waits have been somewhat reasonable - not quick but not horrible either.

As @PolyRob mentioned, the MK Ferry will be running to the TTC so you can take that and walk.

We did dah this year the first week of March and it was beautiful out. It’s really hard to tell that time of year what the weather will be like.
don't get me wrong, if the date pops up I will purchase the tickets. I was just trying to make myself feel better that that they don't have it any of the days we are there.

FYI for those that don’t follow the thread closely, I keep track of temps and weather in the historical tables, just for reference: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898156

Yeah, you see some crazy swings Dec-March.
That's awesome to be able to look back from the previous dates. Great idea!!
From the first Thursday in march to the second Thursday is a 21° drop is crazy.

We were in Disney from December 8th- 15th. One night I was wearing a scarf, gloves and a winter hat and 2 nights later I was wearing shorts and a light long sleeve tee.

While some people were able to do that in the early stages of the event, I don' think that's been the case for more than a year now. You can book three FPs like a normal ticket and get the added ones as you use the first three, but there's no additional FPs advantage to the wristband.
I have a 4 day park hopper ticket in addition to a DAH at Hollywood Studios. We plan on doing MK in the morning and having 3 FP booked at MK. But are you saying I can book in advance Fast Passes at DHS starting at 7pm that same night? The event starts at 9pm so I am guessing the FP would have to be right from 7-8pm and the 8-9pm? I didn’t realize the DAH ticket gave us 3 additional FP? But if the event starts at 9pm, the really is like 1-2 additional FP?

I have a 4 day park hopper ticket in addition to a DAH at Hollywood Studios. We plan on doing MK in the morning and having 3 FP booked at MK. But are you saying I can book in advance Fast Passes at DHS starting at 7pm that same night? The event starts at 9pm so I am guessing the FP would have to be right from 7-8pm and the 8-9pm? I didn’t realize the DAH ticket gave us 3 additional FP? But if the event starts at 9pm, the really is like 1-2 additional FP?

A DAH ticket linked to your MDE account does not give you three additional FPs. If you have other FPs booked via regular park admission tickets earlier that day (in any park) and your DAH tickets are connected to that same profile, you can’t book three more in advance with your DAH ticket. Said another way, you can’t have more than three FPs booked with one profile.

A DAH ticket will allow for FP booking if one has no other FPs booked that day.

Here’s a bit more info from the FAQ post at the front of this thread:

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs during with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

Wow yeah we had shorts and t shirts on and weren’t cold at all. I know the second week of March people said it was cold. We must be lucky because we’ve done that first week of March the last three years and have always had warm beautiful weather
Looks like we had a 21 degree difference in our events!

Thanks! March 1 was 76; March 8 was 55 and cold!

My apologies, this is :offtopic: but I know there are some Contemporary disers here!
We haven't been since the security procedure changed...if we're taking the monorail to the event (we'd walk over but our friend has never been on it!) where will we go through security-before we enter the monorail, at MK or both? I know we'll have to pass the Poly and GF before we get to MK..trying to figure out if we'll have to go through security twice.
TIA!

So do they not do DAH in May? If so why not? Going May 12-18 and was really hoping to to DAH. I thought the hours for May just weren’t out yet, but now I’m wondering if it will even happen in May since it doesn’t look like it did last year

My apologies, this is :offtopic: but I know there are some Contemporary disers here!
We haven't been since the security procedure changed...if we're taking the monorail to the event (we'd walk over but our friend has never been on it!) where will we go through security-before we enter the monorail, at MK or both? I know we'll have to pass the Poly and GF before we get to MK..trying to figure out if we'll have to go through security twice.
TIA!

You'll go through security at CR on the 4th floor just before the escalators that lead up to the monorail platform/station. No other security checks involved, when you get to MK you'll head straight down the ramp and head left straight to the tapstyle scanners.

Have fun!

So do they not do DAH in May? If so why not? Going May 12-18 and was really hoping to to DAH. I thought the hours for May just weren’t out yet, but now I’m wondering if it will even happen in May since it doesn’t look like it did last year

Other than the initial failed 2016 DAH events (at a much higher price point), May hasn't been on the schedule since then. But 2018 (and now continuing into 2019) saw a lot of new times of the year that had not previously had DAH dates.... so my take is that for 2019 anything is possible. But just when/why/how Disney sets the schedule is a bit difficult to determine for us outsiders.

You'll go through security at CR on the 4th floor just before the escalators that lead up to the monorail platform/station. No other security checks involved, when you get to MK you'll head straight down the ramp and head left straight to the tapstyle scanners.

Have fun!
Thank you for this info!!

I will be going solo in April and still deciding if this is fun to do solo? Can you give me any advice and did you enjoy it by yourself?

I enjoyed it very much solo, but I am a solo veteran with several solo Disney and Universal trips. I have fun doing the rides by myself and never really feel awkward about it.

I have decided to go ahead and buy tickets for Feb 21 despite no AP discount for me this year! I have been using Chase credit card offers to get 10% cash back on Disney gift cards (at Lowes and Walgreens), and now I have one for 30% off at Staples, so that is my self-justification for spending!

Last edited:
I just bought tickets for January 7. DH and I did this back in August and it was awesome. We are looking forward to bringing our 19 & 21 yr old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter