**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I nearly lost my lanyard twice on Space Mountain (was it you that actually lost yours? I remember having this conversation on this thread, ha). Wristbands sound like a much better idea!
No Dh lost his phone on space mountain lol. I always had to hold onto the lanyard though. It flew around like crazy on sm. The wristbands aren’t great souvenirs but we decided we have too much junk saved from trips anyway

No Dh lost his phone on space mountain lol. I always had to hold onto the lanyard though. It flew around like crazy on sm. The wristbands aren’t great souvenirs but we decided we have too much junk saved from trips anyway
Haha oh okay. Mixed up the story then. Phone is worse, sorry!

Phone cm's seem to often be kept in the dark about these types of things, so "keep checking the website" is often the best they can do because Disney hasn't TOLD them if the event will continue or not.
I remember when the spring chunk was released and you had to call to book. Some phone CMs had no idea and wouldn't even check for the new dates! I lucked out and got an informed CM when I booked for April lol

I nearly lost my lanyard twice on Space Mountain (was it you that actually lost yours? I remember having this conversation on this thread, ha). Wristbands sound like a much better idea!
YES! I was so paranoid and I clutched onto it the whole time. BTMRR too!

Last edited:
Yes, by looks of previous years there wasn’t much around but fingers crossed there’s more availability this year.

Here’s hoping!
Last year they only did one in November - the Monday after Thanksgiving. Most of November is dedicated to the Christmas Party.

If anyone is going to DAH tonight and doesn't have an AP or other park admission, could you please let us know when they start letting people in?

Thank you!

I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but seeing as MK has 8am-12am hours that day, I’d rate chances of DAH as slim to none. :-(

But what about other parks like HS and AK that hours arent so long? they could be added there? Last bunch was added only 30 days from the first date. Guess theres no way to even speculate anything.....

I had to tuck my lanyard into my shirt after almost losing my front teeth to it the first time we rode Space, LOL.

I am finding it difficult to comprehend that tonights DAH event (3/21) is not sold out . Especially since its freakin spring break !
How is it that 3/7 sold out about a week before the event , yet 3/21 - the beginning of SPRING BREAK has not sold out ?!?!?
The 3/7 event was pretty crowded compared to previous DAH events from most reports , yet 3/21 is not yet sold out .

I think , in typical Disney fashion , the supposed "capped" guest capacity is starting to grow !

OR .......

The unsavory reports of a semi crowded event on 3/7 may actually be turning some people away ?

I just find it very strange that the 3/21 MK DAH event has not sold out ???

Has anyone else noticed that the discounted rate for AP , and DVC guests "disappears" about 24 hours before the event ?
Also, in exactly the same timeframe , the normal rate rises to $129. about 24 hours before the event ?

Hmmmm .......

So, because I keep stalking the app and the website, just wanted to mention...the app just changed to say Select Dates March to May 2019 but no new dates... the other parks still say December to April 2019 in the app...

The website though says through March 2019 now (not April like before) but still shows the April dates and no new dates.

So I'm guessing we will either see some May dates post in the next few hours/day...or when the site all posted right, if there are no new dates in a few hours/a day...then I guess no dates in May?

Has anyone else noticed that the discounted rate for AP , and DVC guests "disappears" about 24 hours before the event ?
Also, in exactly the same timeframe , the normal rate rises to $129. about 24 hours before the event ?

Hmmmm .......

That is the way it works and is explained on the Disney website - day of ticket pricing is higher than in advance ticket pricing. No AP/DVC discounts are available online day of, although some have been able get the discounted ticket price day of by visiting guest relations.

I am finding it difficult to comprehend that tonights DAH event (3/21) is not sold out . Especially since its freakin spring break !
How is it that 3/7 sold out about a week before the event , yet 3/21 - the beginning of SPRING BREAK has not sold out ?!?!?
The 3/7 event was pretty crowded compared to previous DAH events from most reports , yet 3/21 is not yet sold out .

I think , in typical Disney fashion , the supposed "capped" guest capacity is starting to grow !

OR .......

The unsavory reports of a semi crowded event on 3/7 may actually be turning some people away ?

I just find it very strange that the 3/21 MK DAH event has not sold out ???

3/7 sold out the day before (3/6), just FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter