• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We were at the event on 3/28. Arrived just a little bit before 7 and were able to check in right away. We are AP holders but felt that due to Spring Break this was the best option for enjoying MK. We spent regular hours playing Sorcerers (we are usually busy doing rides and give the crowds this was a great use of time.). We made sure to be out of the hub prior to fireworks and used that time to do a few rides.

There were day guest entering line just slightly after 10 but by 10:05 I was seeing people get turned away at rides and carts. (I didn’t see this but heard that there was cast member preventing day guests from entering lands after the event started. We were checked for our bands throughout the event.)

During the event I never experienced carts being out of the snacks. Everything was plentiful. The cast members seemed like they were having as much fun as the guests. We rode everything we wanted with minimal waits. The shops did close up quickly at the end of the event.

It’s not the full experience but it was a great way to enjoy the park during a crowded time. We would do it again if it made sense for our schedule.

Has anyone done an After Hours Event before with their kids? Magic Kingdom is going to have an After Hours Event while we are there and wondering if it is worth it. How did your kids handle being out so late? Thanks.

We were just at the event on 3/28. We took our 8 year old. She is typically in bed by 8:30 and doesn’t always do well with late nights. We were staying at my in-laws house for the week and just had a quick overnight in Orlando for the event and had to drive over in the am and didn’t really get to sleep in, so I was a little concerned. It was VERY crowded and even though we did have fastpasses, she was fading between 9-10 with the longer waits. But, around 10:45 she got a second wind and had a great time. We rode everything we wanted to ride and she did great the rest of the night! She fell asleep as soon as the bus started moving on the way back to the hotel. I don’t know how she would have done if she was younger and our 4 year old stayed with our in-laws. I don’t think it would have been enjoyable for him at that hour.

Went last night with whole fam. we ubered to Grand Floridian then monorail to MK. It was a bit after 6. We walked over to CM with after hours sign, checked in, and got our wrist bands.

Did you use an AP to get in at 6? I thought with the DAH you couldn't get in until 7. I'd love to hear if other folks are getting in at 6!

Did you use an AP to get in at 6? I thought with the DAH you couldn't get in until 7. I'd love to hear if other folks are getting in at 6!

At MK people are often let in between 6 and 6:30, although MK has gone through periods of time where they really stuck to the 7:00 entrance time, too. At DHS and AK, it's been 7:00 nearly every time with only a couple of exceptions when people were let in earlier.

Has anyone done an After Hours Event before with their kids? Magic Kingdom is going to have an After Hours Event while we are there and wondering if it is worth it. How did your kids handle being out so late? Thanks.

how old are your kids? We went twice last year with ours being 8 and 10 and they did great! I think both days we were at Animal Kindgom in the morning (I recall the second one for sure) and went back to rest before heading to MK. The first one was our first time at MK that trip so they were all fired up! The second one the following weekend was after a week long jam packed week and they still did really good. DS8 loved it because we were letting him drink "coca cola" at night! lol We just kept moving and that kept them going. The first time we went on JC about 1130 and found that to be a mistake because they got relaxed with sitting too long and started to get tired - but we got them ice cream and fired them back up lol. Both nights though as soon as we got in line for the bus it hit them and they both slept on the bus on the way back to POP. The second night I don't think we even walked out of MK until almost 1:30 because we jumped on Splash right about 12:55! (although note - it was a chilly ride home for me as I got the wettest!)

We're there for a week already but jumped at the chance for the DAH on May 2. Going to go to the evening EMH on the 1st and if it's busy we can just bail and know the next night will be much better.... I'm really looking forward to this as one of my favourite times ever was on a trip in 2006, back when evening EMH was a lot less crowded!

We did DAH on the 28th and loved it. Got let in right at 6. Crowds were crazy at that time but we had 3 FPP to use so that helped! Sort of saw HEA. Went on lots of rides and took part in the snack offerings. It was really nice to be in a less crowded park and stroll through the lines at a consistent pace. I got to see the Kiss Goodnight for the first time and loved it. I also enjoyed being one of the last cars left in the whole parking lot and watching people get off the tram and walk to their cars like night of the living dead. Seriously hilarious!

I also did DAH at HS on the 30th. Totally different experience that I don't think I'd do again...

I also did DAH at HS on the 30th. Totally different experience that I don't think I'd do again...

I don't do HS....haven't in 18 years and probably won't again for another 3 or 4 years, but I'm curious? What happened that made you not want to do EMH there again?

I don't do HS....haven't in 18 years and probably won't again for another 3 or 4 years, but I'm curious? What happened that made you not want to do EMH there again?

We got let in almost an hour later than MK and there was much less to do. Also, one of the things my group really wanted to do was already closed. Closing the shows early, I get. But this was a screened attraction. Oh, and with having F! at closing time meant that if you went to watch it, it ate into DAH versus if you stopped to watch HEA, it was done before park closing and didn't affect the actual DAH time.

I will say, I LOVED the projection show on the Theatre at around 11pm. I didn't know this was a thing and it blew my mind.

We just booked for May 16th! Now it says the event is from 10-1. But park hours have a 9pm closing time? Is that to get everyone out before the event or is it an indicator they’ll be extending hours that day?

We just booked for May 16th! Now it says the event is from 10-1. But park hours have a 9pm closing time? Is that to get everyone out before the event or is it an indicator they’ll be extending hours that day?

I would bet money that park hours will be extended to 10pm on those dates (in my opinion).

Enjoy your DAH night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter