**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We just booked DAH MK for May 30th and AK for June 4th. It's letting me book FP for those two dates. I don't have any park tickets for those two days; just the DAH tickets. Is this ok or will I mess up the rest of my trip's FP? We have a 5 day ticket for the rest of our trip.

We didn’t have regular park tickets for the day of our DAH MK on 3/28 and I was able to book fast passes for the four of us with the DAH ticket. we had no problems with our other fast passes or the 3/28 ones.

I have a question about purchasing tickets for after hours if you are in annual passholder. Myself, my wife and my daughter all three have annual passes. We will be in the parks on June 6. Our grandson will be with us. Can I call and buy four tickets with the annual pass discount? Or does each passholder have to call for the discount?

I have a question about purchasing tickets for after hours if you are in annual passholder. Myself, my wife and my daughter all three have annual passes. We will be in the parks on June 6. Our grandson will be with us. Can I call and buy four tickets with the annual pass discount? Or does each passholder have to call for the discount?
You can call and get all of the tickets with your AP

Trying to catch up on all my threads after getting back from WDW. I attended DAH on 4/4 with my family and it was still a great event! I am sad to see the changes coming and price increase, but I guess time will tell.

4/4/19 was definitely more crowded than my July 2018 DAH event. There were larger groups of people throughout MK, but the only thing that was really affected was 7DMT. It had longer waits throughout the whole night. The posted time never seemed to drop below 25 minutes. We only rode it 1x during the actual event (10pm - 1am) unlike July 2018 when I rode it multiple times in a row.

We arrived at MK a little after 7pm. It was a rest day with no parks and we had 3 FP+ for MK:
  • 7:00-8:00pm: Meet Mickey and Minnie
  • 8:30-9:30pm: 7DMT
  • 9:30-10:00pm: Peter Pan
We met Mickey and Minnie and then scoped out a prime spot for HEA which was at 9:15pm. We dodged the crowds and made it on 7DMT even though it was about 5 minutes past the FP+ window. We walked over to Peter Pan which had a huge standby line. After Peter Pan, it was 10:01pm and DAH officially started! I wanted to head to Big Thunder since we skipped it the day prior since it had a HUGE FP+ line, but it had a 25 minute wait posted so I figured we would go on Small World since we were right there and it had a 10 minute wait posted and virtually no line.

The rest of the night went like this after Small World:
  • Big Thunder x2 (both sides were running)
  • Splash Mountain (private log to ourselves)
  • Popcorn/ice cream break
  • Pirates
  • Main Street PhotoPass pictures
  • Space Mountain x2 (used the re-ride path)
  • Popcorn/ice cream break
  • People Mover (with some snacks… shhhh don’t tell)
  • Tea Cups
  • Little Mermaid
By now it was around 12:30am. The last thing on our list was to get on 7DMT again. The posted wait time was 35 minutes. We attempted to get in line for 7DMT and as we were walking up there was an announcement that all trains through the mine had stopped because of an issue. About half of the people left including my family and I and we decided to take our own photos in the Hub and around Cinderella Castle and enjoyed some sodas. We walked back to 7DMT about 15/20 minutes later and got in line again at 12:51am. The wait time was still posted at 35 minutes. In reality, it only took 13 minutes and we were on 7DMT by 1:04am.

We saw the Kiss Goodnight and headed towards the exit.

Busses for MK resorts seemed to be much better this time. One was waiting for us and we all got on with seats. The bus waited about 5 minutes for other guests and was going to stop at Poly, GF, and then CR (1 family decided they were too tired to walk).

Overall, we had a great time! I booked it knowing the spring break crowds and temps could be insane. We accomplished everything we wanted to and had a great night.

We didn't stop at every snack cart. Some had larger lines than others, but there were so many different locations and the CMs were so fast that the waits were minimal. I inquired about the Minute Maid cups and was told only Olaf bars at two locations. YMMV.

We are attending DAH on 4/11. Is there a discussion about touring strategies? DS is 7 - he is fortunate to have been many times to MK but this is our only visit this trip so I am trying to tick all the boxes in 4 hours!!

Any ideas on when we are likely to be let in - is it 6 or 7 at the moment?

Ideally we would like to get the following done

- fireworks
- SDMT (x2 or 3)
- Splash M
-HM
- POC
- PP
- Barnstormer
-Buzz
- IASW
- Ariel
-Mickey Mouse

What should I fast pass for the time before DAH - is it the same ‘rules’ as a regular visit?

Thanks.

don't start with 7dmt. You'll have day stragglers there, so that line will stay long-ish for at least an hour.

I wouldn't fastpass before 6, because even if you're help up until seven, you can sprint there and make it.

Do POC standby during park hours -- right after the fireworks (unless you're doing fireworks in front of Castle). the only thing on your list that is likely to have a long line is 7dmt. PP has a line but it moves. I'd bet everything else will be mostly empty walk ons.

have fun!

We are attending DAH on 4/11. Is there a discussion about touring strategies? DS is 7 - he is fortunate to have been many times to MK but this is our only visit this trip so I am trying to tick all the boxes in 4 hours!!

Any ideas on when we are likely to be let in - is it 6 or 7 at the moment?

Ideally we would like to get the following done

- fireworks
- SDMT (x2 or 3)
- Splash M
-HM
- POC
- PP
- Barnstormer
-Buzz
- IASW
- Ariel
-Mickey Mouse

What should I fast pass for the time before DAH - is it the same ‘rules’ as a regular visit?

Thanks.
They’ve been sticking close to 6 pm for when they let people in at mk. It could change but I would plan on that for now.

I would get your first fp for 5:30-6:30 and head there right when they let you in. If you want to ride 7dmt more than once get a fp for it (if you can) otherwise it’ll take up a large chunk of your dah time. You could then have a PP fp (again, if you can) for right after that from 6:30-7:30 and those two would already be done before dah even starts. I’m not sure what’s available for FPS this close to your date so you might just have to keep refreshing or take what you can get.

Everything else on your list will be easy walk ons during the event (or should be).

I know I’ve brought up the kids question before, but I’m just thinking out loud here and wondering if anyone has any further input.

So we’re tentatively looking at 6/27 or 7/1 for the Villains event. I’m torn though - kids are young. My daughter (7) could handle it. My son (4), not so sure. We tried taking him to MNSSHP last Sept. and he fell asleep in the stroller through almost the whole thing. Money flying away...

I’m considering a few options.

1) just risking it and going as a family, accepting the fact that the night has a 50/50 chance of not going exactly so well. But if he DOES stay awake, what a fun memory for the kids (and our family as a whole)

2) making it a date night and getting a babysitter in our room for bedtime until the time we get back. It will probably cost less than the two tickets for them, and my husband and I would both be able to fully enjoy it instead of taking turns on rides, assuming our son falls asleep

3) since there are two events while we are there, taking turns bringing our daughter. I go with just her to one of the dates while my husband hangs out at the resort with our son, and vice versa. This is clearly the winning scenario for my daughter, who would get to go twice and have one-on-one time with each parent

What would you all do?

I know I’ve brought up the kids question before, but I’m just thinking out loud here and wondering if anyone has any further input.

So we’re tentatively looking at 6/27 or 7/1 for the Villains event. I’m torn though - kids are young. My daughter (7) could handle it. My son (4), not so sure. We tried taking him to MNSSHP last Sept. and he fell asleep in the stroller through almost the whole thing. Money flying away...

I’m considering a few options.

1) just risking it and going as a family, accepting the fact that the night has a 50/50 chance of not going exactly so well. But if he DOES stay awake, what a fun memory for the kids (and our family as a whole)

2) making it a date night and getting a babysitter in our room for bedtime until the time we get back. It will probably cost less than the two tickets for them, and my husband and I would both be able to fully enjoy it instead of taking turns on rides, assuming our son falls asleep

3) since there are two events while we are there, taking turns bringing our daughter. I go with just her to one of the dates while my husband hangs out at the resort with our son, and vice versa. This is clearly the winning scenario for my daughter, who would get to go twice and have one-on-one time with each parent

What would you all do?

Option #3. I would go twice!!

Log into your mde. If you’re ap is linked, you’ll see the discounted price. You can buy up to 4 tickets per AP using the discount. I just did this a few weeks ago, no need to call.

Log into your mde. If you’re ap is linked, you’ll see the discounted price. You can buy up to 4 tickets per AP using the discount. I just did this a few weeks ago, no need to call.

For whatever reason, it actually allowed me to purchase 7 tickets on my account. Now, dh does have an AP also and one of the tickets was for him, but it still let me do it all in one transaction and all the tickets linked just fine. :confused3

For whatever reason, it actually allowed me to purchase 7 tickets on my account. Now, dh does have an AP also and one of the tickets was for him, but it still let me do it all in one transaction and all the tickets linked just fine. :confused3
I had called the passholder line to ask before I purchased and that’s what they said, but I agree, the website seems to allow you to buy an unlimited number.

We will be going June 27! DH and I are spending a 9 days with our 5 kids, MIL and SIL. It happens to fall on our resort day so perfect date night for just the 2 of us without losing park time from our purchased tickets. We never get to ride together since we gave a tribe full of lovely babies so this will be a blast. Price is high but worth it to me. My brother is an annual pass holder. Can he buy our tickets or does he have to go as well to get the discount? We will be there either way. My first special event and I am so excited!

I'm not usually a complainer, just roll with the punches, life's too short, etc. Sitting here looking at plans for a big extended family summer trip. DAH date falls perfectly in the week, so at least I have that going for me (and for that I am thankful). Some in our party have not been to MK in decades.

I'm sure this villains thing will be fine. But I'd be honest if I said I'm not bummed we won't have a 'normal' DAH night. I didn't really want any overlay - I just want regular ole' close-to-perfect MK!

Ok, nonsensical rant over. Sorry. :-)

I'm not usually a complainer, just roll with the punches, life's too short, etc. Sitting here looking at plans for a big extended family summer trip. DAH date falls perfectly in the week, so at least I have that going for me (and for that I am thankful). Some in our party have not been to MK in decades.

I'm sure this villains thing will be fine. But I'd be honest if I said I'm not bummed we won't have a 'normal' DAH night. I didn't really want any overlay - I just want regular ole' close-to-perfect MK!

I would have preferred the normal one too, I feel like this adds on distractions, lol! Plus I’m not entirely sure how much my 5 year old would like villains?

We don’t have plans to go at this point but if I’m being optimistic I’d say maybe the stage show will help some with ride lines if they do increase the number of tickets sold

I think I can guess the answer to this, but I wanted to ask the experts just to check.

We're going this July. I'd love to do the After Hours Villain event that will be happening when there. We plan to bridge our tickets to AP, but I'm guessing there's no way for me to get the AP pricing on the event since I won't have the AP when I order tickets before we go, yeah? I'm nervous if I wait until we're there and actually have APs, the event will be sold out since it's only being offered one night per week. Thanks!

I think I can guess the answer to this, but I wanted to ask the experts just to check.

We're going this July. I'd love to do the After Hours Villain event that will be happening when there. We plan to bridge our tickets to AP, but I'm guessing there's no way for me to get the AP pricing on the event since I won't have the AP when I order tickets before we go, yeah? I'm nervous if I wait until we're there and actually have APs, the event will be sold out since it's only being offered one night per week. Thanks!
I actually think people have been able to do this and when they picked up their tickets they showed the AP and were refunded. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter