**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I suspect she’s more worried about them scaling back what’s currently offered.

If I had to guess, if villains does well and is extended (or even additional themes, like princess or something) that there will be a higher price point for MNSSHP next year (along with big crowds of course)

Which is why I said as it exists today. I think worrying about them changing what is working so well for them is just hunting for worries.

I’m taking a wait and see on the villains DAH. They’re still advertising lower crowds. We’ll know soon enough if they’re increasing ticket limits. So far, DAH’s are not always sold out. I don’t know that there’s an incentive to increase the numbers....yet.

I’m betting the price goes up on the parties regardless.

Im not into MNSSHP simply because they have oversold on tickets and the crowds are higher and we are going in August and Im not in the Halloween mood during the summer. I just want plain old DAH. Not Villains and not MNSHHP. I just want 3 hours of low crowds and low waits after dark. But if they dont have DAH at MK when we go I will have to do EMM. Just waiting on release dates...

Im not into MNSSHP simply because they have oversold on tickets and the crowds are higher and we are going in August and Im not in the Halloween mood during the summer. I just want plain old DAH. Not Villains and not MNSHHP. I just want 3 hours of low crowds and low waits after dark. But if they dont have DAH at MK when we go I will have to do EMM. Just waiting on release dates...
I feel exactly the same way :( Except for the EMM part, we're not morning people lol!

I feel exactly the same way :( Except for the EMM part, we're not morning people lol!

Lol...I dont think my teenager would like getting up early for EMM but if thats the only way we can be able to ride SDMT and PP with little/no wait then she will deal. But our 2 year old might not be able to handle DAH so that would be a babysitter night. The older 2 kids would love it.

I am very curious about the May 4th Hollywood Studios one...

But the description is still a little vague to me. Or maybe it is just that, extra Star Wars meet and greets...

I'm also curious about the May 4th. I'd like to go but don't want a crazy busy park because it's May 4th! But maybe I'm crazy hoping for a not completely sold out evening.

Which is why I said as it exists today. I think worrying about them changing what is working so well for them is just hunting for worries.

I’m taking a wait and see on the villains DAH. They’re still advertising lower crowds. We’ll know soon enough if they’re increasing ticket limits. So far, DAH’s are not always sold out. I don’t know that there’s an incentive to increase the numbers....yet.

I’m betting the price goes up on the parties regardless.
They really don't tend to sell out at the Magic Kingdom, which is my guess why they are adding Villians, they want to draw more people in. But this this does mean a higher cost in labor and I wonder what Disney's profit margins on these events really is, so it might be they had to raise the price to continue to turn a profit.

They really don't tend to sell out at the Magic Kingdom, which is my guess why they are adding Villians, they want to draw more people in. But this this does mean a higher cost in labor and I wonder what Disney's profit margins on these events really is, so it might be they had to raise the price to continue to turn a profit.

I suspect the higher price is because they've added more to the event and feel they can charge more. It could well be they added the villains to sell more tickets. While I'm not thrilled with it, plenty of people are I'm sure.

I'm not usually a complainer, just roll with the punches, life's too short, etc. Sitting here looking at plans for a big extended family summer trip. DAH date falls perfectly in the week, so at least I have that going for me (and for that I am thankful). Some in our party have not been to MK in decades.

I'm sure this villains thing will be fine. But I'd be honest if I said I'm not bummed we won't have a 'normal' DAH night. I didn't really want any overlay - I just want regular ole' close-to-perfect MK!

Ok, nonsensical rant over. Sorry. :-)

I agree. We just did 4/11 DAH and didn't have time to stop for a show. If they extend it by an hour or so, I'd stop for a show. But otherwise? Nah.

We did DAH on 4/11. It was a surprise for my daughter's birthday (turning 8) - "Surprise! You're going to Disney with Mom... TODAY!" It was so much fun!

We landed about 2:40pm, took ME to CSR, grabbed a late lunch at Rix, settled into our room, and headed over to MK. I had planned to grab some dinner before heading over, but our timeline got messed up with the late lunch. This trip was all about what she wanted to do, so I had to forego my own personal preferences on a few things.

We arrived at the gate at 5:45 and were second in line at our tapstyles. The CMs expected to begin letting us in at 6, but they were told to wait until 6:30. You could see they were unsure and I could hear some conversations going on about why it was later. There was never a definitive answer, but it's nice to know that we weren't crazy for hoping to be let in at 6.

Upon entry, we headed to Emporium to purchase an autograph book (DD's was almost full & she wanted a new one). We headed up Main Street and encountered the marching bands. She wanted to stop to watch, so we did. Made our way back to Fantasyland, and had to hit the restrooms already. ;) Looking around at wait times, everything was 20-40ish minutes... except 7DMT, which was 70-ish.

Walked right into our 7pm FP for Enchanted Tales at 6:55pm.
After Belle, we mobile ordered a pizza at Pinocchio's.
Journey of LM, 15-minute posted wait, but walked on.
FP Ariel greet (40-minute posted wait at the time. With FP, we were behind 1 family)
Stopped to don our glow sticks - always one of her favorite parts of Disney at night
Splash Mountain, Standby (DD was DYING to ride it... posted 30 minute wait); Watched fireworks from Splash... and got stuck twice.
By the time we were off Splash, it was almost 10pm, and we hustled over to BTM. Posted wait time was 10 minutes, but it was more like 5.
BTM again. Got off right at 10pm
Back over to Splash, where we saw people without wristbands being turned away. Walked on - they were already sending empty logs.
After that, we walked on to everything except for 7DMT.
Pirates (had an entire boat to ourselves)
Aladdin x2
Ice cream (no wait)
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Small World
7DMT x2 (20-minute posted wait, but took maybe 10 minutes, less the 2nd time)
Meet Cinderella & Elena
Meet Rapunzel & Tiana
Teacups
Buzz
Space x2 (DD's first time - she LOVED it. We rode Alpha & Omega, but had to walk all the way out & back in.)
Stepped off Space the 2nd time at 12:55
Grabbed more ice cream & popcorn and headed to the hub
Watched the goodnight, snapped a few photos, and walked out of the park. DD had no interest in staying for empty street photos and we were both wiped.

We were on a bus back to our resort by 1:15, back at the resort by 1:30-ish, quick showers, and to BED! It was definitely a full day, but such a good one.

It was a great night. With planning this instead of a full park day, we definitely got our money's worth. I kept thinking that was the only way I would want to do DAH... as a substitute for a full park day. Considering the possibility of the villain overlay, I might still do it, but would likely skip the show. We did a LOT, but felt like there was still more we could've done... and definitely more we WANTED to do. MNSSHP and MVMCP are just not for us, but I'd do DAH for my entire family.

As for the ongoing "money grab" and "value" discussions, I really wish Disney would meet in the middle. I'm disappointed they've gotten rid of evening EMH for the time being. I wish they would split it - do 2 nights/week of evening EMH, and 2 nights/week of a ticketed event. That gives everyone the opportunity to stay late with the potential for fewer people in the park. Significantly fewer people at the ticketed event, obviously. And it still gives 3 nights/week of long overnights for the staff to do what they need to do. If that's not enough, swap it and do 3 late evenings, 4 long overnights. Just my two cents.

Have they ever had a DAH during the month of October? Haven't been since 2015 and would love to do DAH during our upcoming trip in October but can't find any info on that month.

One thing that I noticed on 4/11 was that they did A Kiss Goodnight at least three times at the end of the AH event. We caught it shortly after 1am as we walked back from Tomorrowland, and then it ran again as we were coming out of the Emporium, probably around 1:15, and again as we were on the ferry to the TTC, probably around 1:30 ( I looked at the castle and is was purple, so I assume that they were doing Kiss.

I figured it was heading that way.

Yeah I read about that last week. I think we all saw it coming. It's most definitely because there is no need for them to "give away" free hours anymore when they can charge $125 a head for them and that, in turn, leads back to the possibility that maybe they will do DAH on additional evenings now.

What does everyone recommend we make our 3 FPs for prior to the event starting? I was going to make them for 7,8,and 9 and our night it starts at 10 (In June). It seems like most things are open during the event, so I'm not sure what the best use of my FP would be? Do you just do favorite rides, or are there some that actually make sense to do as a FP prior to the actual event? FWIW I'm not saving any event time for the villains show, we're planning to ride through that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter