**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It’s 1:15 and we are on the bus back to BWI.
During the event we rode:
Pirates
BTMR x 2
HM
WTP
SDMT
Buzz x 2(teens rode space)
People mover

Lines were 25-30 for Space, SDMT and PP.

This event was way more crowded than our April non villains event.
We didn’t watch the stage show but we saw exactly zero villains during the event until we walked under the train station. We saw none around the park but maybe it was just bad timing. It just did not seem very villainy :rolleyes1

I would do this again only if it replaced a park day and not as an add on since we have AP.
I would definitely do it again if it was the original event.

Glad to be in the AC of the bus and so happy it came quickly lol!

Sure miss that Olaf bar!:teeth:

We just wrapped up our night and at 1:55 are on the bus back to our resort! we had a great time, but compared to the AH event we did in March there were DEFINITELY more people. However, the stage show, party vibe and malificent helped cushion that. We arrived at 7:30 and managed:
Pre party:
Barnstormer (10 minute wait)
Little mermaid (w/ FP)
PPF (w/ FP)
HEA full show
BTMRR (w/FP)

After 10:00, event start:
BTMRR (5 min wait)
Snacks
Getting lost for a good five minutes (oops)
Scar Magic Shot
Pirates (15 min wait)
Snacks
Magic Carpets (walk on-could have re-rode without getting off if we wanted)
Haunted Mansion (walk on)
Haunted mansion photo
Space Mountain (15 minute wait)
People mover (walk on)
Buzz x2 (walk on both times)
Oogie Boogie Pic
Snacks

That took us to 12:50, and we enjoyed ten minutes of the rockin’ dance party in the hub (fresh prince whaaaatttt), and then saw the 1:00am show and then Malificient’s final stroll (both amazing).

Took some last minute castle pictures and then walked out with all of the villains waving goodbye!

All in all, we would definitely do this again but knowing it’s more of a party vibe and much less of the magic-kingdom-to-ourselves feeling of the traditional AH. There was never a time we were totally alone, unlike the March event. BUT, there was also a lot more of a party atmosphere that even the cast members got into!

Now to pass out before trying to make a nine am FP tomorrow........... (we’ll see if we make it ;) )

We just wrapped up our night and at 1:55 are on the bus back to our resort! we had a great time, but compared to the AH event we did in March there were DEFINITELY more people. However, the stage show, party vibe and malificent helped cushion that. We arrived at 7:30 and managed:
Pre party:
Barnstormer (10 minute wait)
Little mermaid (w/ FP)
PPF (w/ FP)
HEA full show
BTMRR (w/FP)

After 10:00, event start:
BTMRR (5 min wait)
Snacks
Getting lost for a good five minutes (oops)
Scar Magic Shot
Pirates (15 min wait)
Snacks
Magic Carpets (walk on-could have re-rode without getting off if we wanted)
Haunted Mansion (walk on)
Haunted mansion photo
Space Mountain (15 minute wait)
People mover (walk on)
Buzz x2 (walk on both times)
Oogie Boogie Pic
Snacks

That took us to 12:50, and we enjoyed ten minutes of the rockin’ dance party in the hub (fresh prince whaaaatttt), and then saw the 1:00am show and then Malificient’s final stroll (both amazing).

Took some last minute castle pictures and then walked out with all of the villains waving goodbye!

All in all, we would definitely do this again but knowing it’s more of a party vibe and much less of the magic-kingdom-to-ourselves feeling of the traditional AH. There was never a time we were totally alone, unlike the March event. BUT, there was also a lot more of a party atmosphere that even the cast members got into!

Now to pass out before trying to make a nine am FP tomorrow........... (we’ll see if we make it ;) )
I’m so glad you got to see Maleficent at the end.
We were wondering if she finally came out.
Glad you had a good time and hope you make those FPs this morning!

Had so much fun lastnight.
We arrived at 7:35, bought a shirt and got my AP ornaments.
Did HEA dessert party, then waited for crowds to disperse, headed to Dumbo area since GSs were still awake.
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Did MS with Ooogie Boogie (LOVE these pics)
DS7 did Scar MS
Pirates 15 min felt a bit longer
BTMRR 3x
Splash 1x
Castle pics
TSpeedway 1x
Space 1x (15 jumped right after 12 castle show ended)
Shopped
1am castle show
Maleficent in front of Mickey meet n greet
walked back to CR

We stopped a lot to load up on waters. :)
Didn't rush, since we did EMM Sunday, and will be back to MK for 3rd fireworks/dessert party.

It was more crowded than in March, but still a good time!!!

AK DAH tonight! 😴

Pirates
BTMR x 2
HM
WTP
SDMT
People mover

We didn’t watch the stage show but we saw exactly zero villains during the event until we walked under the train station. We saw none around the park but maybe it was just bad timing. It just did not seem very villainy :rolleyes1

I would do this again only if it replaced a park day and not as an add on since we have AP.

Lines for Space, SDMT and PP were 25-30 min? Yikes!

Last edited:
Pirates
BTMR x 2
HM
WTP
SDMT
People mover

I’m sorry it didn’t go as well for you.

I just want to clarify a few things:

The Villains are not “out” in the parks (except the stage show). I’m sorry you misunderstood that.

Did you ride PP or was the sign posted 25 minutes? I found the signs to be very inaccurate.

I’m curious if you remember the timing of when your kids rode Space? I’ve been recommending during the 11 or 12 stage show because there seems to be a big rush of people who head there right after (and I’m curious if that still holds true).

I’m sorry it didn’t go as well for you.

I just want to clarify a few things:

The Villains are not “out” in the parks (except the stage show). I’m sorry you misunderstood that.

Did you ride PP or was the sign posted 25 minutes? I found the signs to be very inaccurate.

I’m curious if you remember the timing of when your kids rode Space? I’ve been recommending during the 11 or 12 stage show because there seems to be a big rush of people who head there right after (and I’m curious if that still holds true).
I thought I read where the villains were roaming the park throughout the night. If I misunderstood that then that’s on me. It wasn’t a draw for us attending, just curious we didn’t see them.

PP was posted at 25 the 2 times we walked by but didn’t ride it.
SDMT was posted 30 and was about 25 minutes.
Space was posted 15 and was over 30. This was about midnight.

We thought it was fun and did a lot compared to a regular day just not as good as our previous plus a lot more people.

As I said we would do it again in place of a day ticket if we were getting tickets but not as an extra thing to do.

I would try the regular AH event again, even as an extra add on. It was just more our style. :-)

Lines for Space, SDMT and PP were 25-30 min? Yikes!
SDMT was about 25 minute wait and Space was over 30 with a posted 15 minute. PP was posted 25 but we didn’t get back to ride it and see. Other rides were a walk on ( Buzz, PM, WTP, BTMR) and HM and Pirates were about 10 minutes.

These wait times are making me somewhat regret purchasing tickets. 😞 I have been to regular after hours and worried now this one will be a let down.

These wait times are making me somewhat regret purchasing tickets. 😞 I have been to regular after hours and worried now this one will be a let down.
I think if I did it again, I would go earlier and do my FPs for the busier rides like I did last time. We didn’t even try SDMT last time due to the waits so we focused more on the walk ones except for space. I think maybe that helped us the first time and made it feel worth it.

OK so apparently I'm very unobservant. I was hoping for a DAH MK on our first night (Thursday August 29) as it was offered that day last year, but we had a late flight in and couldn't make it. When I saw they did offer it this year I got all excited and made plans to go. Which we will. But I am just noticing NOW that there is also one on our second Thursday (September 5). They didn't have one on that day last year, and I just assumed they wouldn't again and didn't notice.
So if we love the first one, we can do another one. YAY!

It is my understanding that you are allowed to dress up for the villains after hours event. Our family was considering doing this but do not want to be the only ones. I had read an initial review elsewhere that the first night not many were. To those who have been since, were folks dressing up or no?

We went to the second one and quite a few people were dressed up, to the point that I felt silly that we didn't! It ranged from matching villain t-shirts to full villain attire.

I need advice and don’t want to start a new thread. Thinking enough knowledgeable people see this thread that I could get some help.

Our trip later this month has been suddenly and tragically cancelled when my retina decided to detach from its wall. I had surgery yesterday (I do not recommend this surgery, big thumbs down) and can’t fly for two months, thanks to a lovely apparatus installed in my head (and I won’t be able to ride my favorite coasters, EE and RnRC, ever again which is truly heartbreaking).

Aaanywaaay, I have tickets to AH on July 25th. Anyone had any luck getting a refund because of trip cancellation? I know that they are not refundable, but I am hoping this extraordinary situation might allow me to have my $600 back. Who should I call? I have a number for ticketing but I bought them with an AP discount - do you think the AP line might be more helpful?

I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. I am not physically up to making multiple phone calls right now. If the answer is no, so be it but I doubt I will ever buy AH or holiday party tickets in advance again (without travel insurance, I guess). Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter