**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Question about maximizing fastpsses. On our VAH day we will be in AK in the AM so our regular FPP is already assigned to FoP at 9am so can’t move all three AK FPP to MK on the VAH night. Meaning no FPP using our regular park tickets at MK for VAH until the 3rd is used at AK.

If we buy VAH etickets from Undercover Tourist for and create new MDE accounts (use our middle names as the 4 new accounts) to get 3 more fastpasses using the VAH etickets, does it matter at Will Call what names you assign when converted them to RFID since we would not have MB for the VAH etickets and need to get RFID cards. Do the names in MDE assigned to the VAH etickets need to match any IDs?
You could probably just create your 2nd MDE account and use the same names from your first account. I have 2 MDE accounts and the same names are on both. I bought our VAH tickets from UT and attached them to the 2nd MDE account and have had no problems with doing that.

Just bought tickets as a birthday gift for my 13 yr old daughter. We have been to a DAH in December and loved every second of it. She is aware this may be much more crowded but she thinks it is worth it as she is into Hades and The Shadow Man.
Edit to add: we are going July 25

Last edited:
Idk if you can pick it up early but you can get it at the Mickey star trader store in Tomorrowland

Thank you.

We were able to pick ours up before the party started! I'm guessing around 7:30 or so we went over there. They had them bagged up behind the counter.

Good to know. I am hoping to get all of that done beforehand. Thank you.

I attended Thursday 7/18 with a group totaling 9 adults. We had a GREAT time.

We arrived around 6:30. I waited in line at Guest Services to get cards for my friends without magic bands so they could use Fastpasses I booked for the 7-10 window. I wish I had gotten there a bit earlier since of course there was a line. The rest of the group waited in the (growing) lines to enter and get wristbands. (As we were tapping in, I noticed the CMs could give out cards there...it held up the line, but I didn't need to hit guest services in advance I guess).

We got in right at 7 and used FP for Jungle Cruise (FP line was REALLY long, the standby time was 110 minutes), then FP for Peter Pan at 8:45 then rode Small World with 20 min posted/15 actual, then FP for Haunted Mansion (three split off to see HEA). We stopped at Sleepy Hollow for Nutella waffles and then got in queue for Pirates with the overlay at 9:50 or so. (Great tip BTW - we got right on at 10 when they let people through). Went up and rode Splash which was a walk on, got some water/snacks, then Big Thunder with a posted 20/15 actual, then grabbed more water/snacks.

Headed to Fantasyland and walked onto Pooh. 7DMT was posted 35 so we skipped it. Walked onto teacups. Went down to Space, posted 20/waited 20, oh MY it was so much more intense than expected. It made several of us who normally ride for fun get a little green. We grabbed more snacks, rode PeopleMover, and Buzz, and then it was 12:45. Headed to the castle, dance party, watched the show, saw the dragon, saw the train station villains. There were some boats running to the resorts as well as the ferry.

It also helped that there was a huge rainstorm around 4... by the time the party rolled around, it was cloudy and cool for FL and overall super great weather.

My verdict? For our group (adults, don't like heat, got a DVC discount) this was hands down worth it. The non-Disney people had fun (cool air, short lines, lots of rides). The Disney people had fun (overlay rides, the castle show and dragon were awesome).

I have a question about CMs allowing VAH guests to use the FP lines once the event begins but before all the day guests are gone. Is use of the FP line consistent or is it a YMMV sort of thing?

You could probably just create your 2nd MDE account and use the same names from your first account. I have 2 MDE accounts and the same names are on both. I bought our VAH tickets from UT and attached them to the 2nd MDE account and have had no problems with doing that.
That’s great to know. Quick follow up question... Did it ever get confusing managing your regular fast passes with the names being the same? Does everyone’s name show up twice in MDE when you wanted to say add a 4th FPP while in the parks on your non-VAH days or make dining reservations?

That’s great to know. Quick follow up question... Did it ever get confusing managing your regular fast passes with the names being the same? Does everyone’s name show up twice in MDE when you wanted to say add a 4th FPP while in the parks on your non-VAH days or make dining reservations?

Man, I wish I had known about this sweet tip.

I have a question about CMs allowing VAH guests to use the FP lines once the event begins but before all the day guests are gone. Is use of the FP line consistent or is it a YMMV sort of thing?
It’s more of a YMMV thing. We haven’t had great luck with CMs letting us go through the FP line

The only place we saw it was Peter Pan. We were in the standby queue right before 10 so we waited longer because of it.

My sister and I are making a special trip just for this party (we are HUGE villains fans and have always wanted to do a sisters only trip, so this was a perfect excuse). Maleficent is my favorite villain, so seeing her is a priority, as well as the show. We will be in MK for the day prior to the party, so our ride focus will be BTMR in the dark, and Space. We have been to MNSSHP but never DAH, so we will probably be happy with crowds. I haven't seen many people going to the first show - is the first one a bad idea? We were thinking to find a spot in front of partners around 10, wait for the dragon, then see the show. Our thinking was if we got this done first, we wouldn't have to watch the time during the rest. Are we better off going to one of the other shows? Is 10 too late to get a spot in front of partners? We are going 8/1. Thanks in advance! I am having a blast reading all the reviews!

My sister and I are making a special trip just for this party (we are HUGE villains fans and have always wanted to do a sisters only trip, so this was a perfect excuse). Maleficent is my favorite villain, so seeing her is a priority, as well as the show. We will be in MK for the day prior to the party, so our ride focus will be BTMR in the dark, and Space. We have been to MNSSHP but never DAH, so we will probably be happy with crowds. I haven't seen many people going to the first show - is the first one a bad idea? We were thinking to find a spot in front of partners around 10, wait for the dragon, then see the show. Our thinking was if we got this done first, we wouldn't have to watch the time during the rest. Are we better off going to one of the other shows? Is 10 too late to get a spot in front of partners? We are going 8/1. Thanks in advance! I am having a blast reading all the reviews!
I think the reason most people pick the last show is because you won’t waste any of the event time by watching that one.

The names don't show up twice in MDE because you have to log out off one MDE account and log into the other one. So only one set of names is showing at a time.

The names don't show up twice in MDE because you have to log out off one MDE account and log into the other one. So only one set of names is showing at a time.
Ah - so not just creating 4 new people under my existing MDE and adding the tickets to the profiles there?

What are y'all planning to do the day OF your After Hours? We're coming from out of town. I can't decide whether to do another park that day or if that will make it harder to enjoy the late hours.

What are y'all planning to do the day OF your After Hours? We're coming from out of town. I can't decide whether to do another park that day or if that will make it harder to enjoy the late hours.
We are doing MK during the day. We always do MK the day of parties and so far (after 3 MNSSHP and 1 MVMCP) we've had great luck with crowds during the day. Granted, I've never been to WDW in the summer, so not sure if this will ring true.

Sleeping in and then going to the pool in the afternoon. Probably eat at resort before heading out.
Same as Jim. We're arriving very late the night before, so we'll sleep in and spend some time at the pool. I have an 430 ADR at 1900 PF, to fuel the kids. That will give them time to digest before the treat-fest starts.

We’re going tomorrow. We’re doing Typhoon Lagoon for a few hours, taking a nap, having an early dinner at Yachtsman (we’re staying at YC), and then heading over.

We are going to Epcot until about noon. It's EMH and we have an ADR at Akershus at 10:30. We will then head back to the resort until we head out to MK around 5:30-6pm. Next day we are sleeping in :)

We always sleep in, go swimming, and enjoy our resort. We usually try to eat dinner around 4:30 pm somewhere before DAH starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter