Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

what time can you get in that evening?

We dont usually buy PH but we fly in that day. And this could add a lot of value to our shorter trip with less crouds!
7PM. Please see the posts on page one this thread. Your questions are answered there and in the link provided.

Remember the Lanyards!

Disney all penny saving now with little wristbands

Not penny saving. The lanyards were very easy to abuse. There were a lot of reports of groups buying just a few admission tickets, then passing the lanyards around. Some of the group would ride while the rest waited, then they’d switch the lanyards around so the others could ride. I’m someone who buys DAH tickets. I’m fine with Disney making sure no one is taking advantage of the extra paid event benefits by gaming the system.

We'd like to do a trip in September or October, last year during that time there were no EPCOT after hours events. Is there way to know if there will be AH this year or (if there are) when they'd be announced?

I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this (Mods, should I instead try the Strategies section?)

Curious what others think?

3:30 pm - Skyliner to HS
Maybe see Green Army Drum Corp at 4?
4:30 - Indiana Jones show
5 - 6 pm: Star Tours (should be little to no wait I hope!)
Baseline Tap House for one beer
Enter Galaxy's Edge via Grand Avenue - the big reveal!
Walk around and just see GE; my son will use Datapad for interactive stuff; maybe do the Bounty Hunter stuff with MB+.
Dinner at Docking Bay 7.
Oga's around 8 pm - hoping to leave Oga's into a nighttime Galaxy's Edge!
By 8-9 pm, standard crowds will hopefully start to filter out. Maybe go watch the animation show on the Chinese Theater?
Start hitting rides with the low AH crowds: MMRR, Toy Story rides (Slinky and likely TSM a couple times so we can compete!); RoR and Smuggler's Run. ToT on our way out of the park.
Sadly, I am assuming RoRC will still be down at that time - a big bummer for us.
The only suggestion I would make would be to swap out the Green Army Drum Corp with a trip to Star Wars Launch Bay. Given that you said GE was a "big reveal" I am guessing that your DH is a Star Wars guy? If so, Launch Bay may be a better option. Definitely check the hours though! You might also wanna grab a snack/drink before Indiana Jones. Mods correct me if I am wrong, but that is considered an outside theater, so food and drink is allowed.

Not penny saving. The lanyards were very easy to abuse. There were a lot of reports of groups buying just a few admission tickets, then passing the lanyards around. Some of the group would ride while the rest waited, then they’d switch the lanyards around so the others could ride. I’m someone who buys DAH tickets. I’m fine with Disney making sure no one is taking advantage of the extra paid event benefits by gaming the system.
I was at one of the MK AH events when they had the lanyards and I actually saw lanyards being passed back and forth by a family as well as a group of young adults. While I was watching one of the group came back with multiple Mickey Bars and passed them around and than they were laughing about how easy it was to share lanyards. I don’t remember if Disney was making a huge effort at the time to block areas and check for lanyards I think it was up to CMs at rides to check.
even at the current AH events I don’t see any efforts by CMs at refreshment stations to check for wristbands some spots literally just have drinks set out for people to grab as they walk by and there is an overlap between the park closing and the event beginning…

The only suggestion I would make would be to swap out the Green Army Drum Corp with a trip to Star Wars Launch Bay. Given that you said GE was a "big reveal" I am guessing that your DH is a Star Wars guy? If so, Launch Bay may be a better option. Definitely check the hours though! You might also wanna grab a snack/drink before Indiana Jones. Mods correct me if I am wrong, but that is considered an outside theater, so food and drink is allowed.
Thank you for the idea! I will consider that. The drums is just a random fun thing if we hit the timing right because my son is in drumline.

Yes, DH is definitely into Star Wars! But I'm not sure how he feels meeting a character. I think if we see Chewie walking around GE, or storm troopers, that'll be cool enough for him, but... we've never done the Vader meet and greet and I'd love to do that!
Thanks for the tip about Indiana Jones. I think we might be ok eating lunch at resort and then grabbing dinner at Docking Bay (with a beer and/or pretzel in between at Baseline maybe!

So, it sounds like it's probably a good idea for me to "use" a park ticket that day, even if it is only to head into HS a few hours ahead. I really don't have anyplace else for that 3rd day of ticket, except our departure day. Leave for airport at 2, so that only gives us a couple hours anyway. I think I'd rather use the ticket to make HS as leisurely as possible.

Yes, DH is definitely into Star Wars! But I'm not sure how he feels meeting a character. I think if we see Chewie walking around GE, or storm troopers, that'll be cool enough for him, but... we've never done the Vader meet and greet and I'd love to do that!

So, it sounds like it's probably a good idea for me to "use" a park ticket that day, even if it is only to head into HS a few hours ahead. I really don't have anyplace else for that 3rd day of ticket, except our departure day. Leave for airport at 2, so that only gives us a couple hours anyway. I think I'd rather use the ticket to make HS as leisurely as possible.
I haven't really spent enough time in Launch Bay to speak to the quantity or quality of the items, but I do know that they are supposed to have Star Wars items to look at there. In the app, it says "explore immersive exhibits of costumes, models, concept artwork and actual movie props - as well as authentic replicas created just for Star Wars Launch Bay." I was thinking that if he isn't a Disney person (yet), that he might just find looking at Star Wars stuff to be cool. Basically, there is more to Launch Bay than just character meet and greets.

PS - if someone in your party is a Disney VISA card holder, there is an exclusive meet and greet in Launch Bay!

PSS - I agree with your reasoning behind using a ticket that day. I think that using a park ticket that day will help you set a more relaxing vibe for the evening. And quality time in the park is more important than quantity of time in the park (in my opinion). (ex. 4-7 in DHS before AH = 3hours; 8-12:30 on departure day = 4.5 hours) For me, I would sacrifice the 1.5 hours of park time to have a better time at DHS and a less stressful departure day.

I haven't really spent enough time in Launch Bay to speak to the quantity or quality of the items, but I do know that they are supposed to have Star Wars items to look at there. In the app, it says "explore immersive exhibits of costumes, models, concept artwork and actual movie props - as well as authentic replicas created just for Star Wars Launch Bay." I was thinking that if he isn't a Disney person (yet), that he might just find looking at Star Wars stuff to be cool. Basically, there is more to Launch Bay than just character meet and greets.

PS - if someone in your party is a Disney VISA card holder, there is an exclusive meet and greet in Launch Bay!

PSS - I agree with your reasoning behind using a ticket that day. I think that using a park ticket that day will help you set a more relaxing vibe for the evening. And quality time in the park is more important than quantity of time in the park (in my opinion). (ex. 4-7 in DHS before AH = 3hours; 8-12:30 on departure day = 4.5 hours) For me, I would sacrifice the 1.5 hours of park time to have a better time at DHS and a less stressful departure day.

Oh gosh, I forgot all about that "other things" at Launch Bay. I was thinking only of characters. I'll research that for sure. Yes, I have the Disney visa!

and the PSS is exactly what I was looking for. :-) I have waivered back and forth about what to do that day, but I really like your idea of quality time. I'm just hoping I didn't build in TOO much time. It would be a bad night if we did lots of stuff and then DH said, so now what, at 10 pm. I can't see him going on rides 3 or 4 times. Maybe TSM to keep trying for high scores. Or Smugglers to try different flying.

Thank you thank you!

We got tickets for AH at Epcot, there was nothing else available during our stay. I was hoping for Magic Kingdom, is EPCOT worth going for the After Hour Event?

We got tickets for AH at Epcot, there was nothing else available during our stay. I was hoping for Magic Kingdom, is EPCOT worth going for the After Hour Event?
You can read my previous post about this, but we didn't love it. Granted, our intention was to ride GOTG as many times as we could, which didn't happen for several reasons.

We've done MK and it was AWESOME! The park is set up well for it, and there are so many things to do .

Debating doing EEH at MK vs DHS AH on our next trip, as we really love the AH format. Also, we love a lot of the big rides at DHS, just not sure if the extra cost is worth it when there is so much to do at MK.

You can read my previous post about this, but we didn't love it. Granted, our intention was to ride GOTG as many times as we could, which didn't happen for several reasons.

We've done MK and it was AWESOME! The park is set up well for it, and there are so many things to do .

Debating doing EEH at MK vs DHS AH on our next trip, as we really love the AH format. Also, we love a lot of the big rides at DHS, just not sure if the extra cost is worth it when there is so much to do at MK.
I'm wondering if they will add anymore dates prior to our trip or is the calendar done? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter