Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

For those who have done the MK after hours- would you say it is still worth it if you were to leave the park at 11:30? I am not a night person and as much as I want to stay the whole night, I suspect my husband will be done by 11:30….

I would guess it’s a security/staffing thing. This part of the park is closed so there is no need for guests to have access to this area. (It is further to walk from Norway to France through this area so guests would not be saving steps.)

Closing this area during AH means less security, faster closing park after AH as this area has already been cleared of guests and, overnight cleaning can begin.

This is purely a guess but what seems to make sense. Similar to portions of the parks not being available to guests during Early Theme Park Entry.
Are they maybe driving the Luminous barges backstage during that time too? That would mean the drawbridge would be up and therefore a dead end.

For those who have done the MK after hours- would you say it is still worth it if you were to leave the park at 11:30? I am not a night person and as much as I want to stay the whole night, I suspect my husband will be done by 11:30….
When we did it, we left around that time, as my kids were ready for bed. We did SOOO much during the timeframe that we felt it was well-worth it. Definitely our favorite After Hours experience!

Can anyone report on last night's HS event? (Sun the 11th). I watched times from about 10 on and T of T was 115 minutes? Slinky Dog was at least 90. Are those accurate? That seems awful.

I saw those wait times too and thought it looked horrible! Then I realized it wasn't an AH event and was relieved. I don't know that I could've handled that late night.

That's frustrating/a relief. I was trying to get a look last night at what the wait times were like at close and every hour after at DHS during an AH event and was appalled at the wait times. I'm glad it wasn't an AH event after all, but annoyed spent the time lol.

That's frustrating/a relief. I was trying to get a look last night at what the wait times were like at close and every hour after at DHS during an AH event and was appalled at the wait times. I'm glad it wasn't an AH event after all, but annoyed spent the time lol.
Glad I wasn't the only one! Haha. Usually I'm scouting the wait times and showing my husband to justify. I didn't bother telling him about last night.

Ok wait. Have I confused everyone and now myself too? I know wait times were very long late last night. Or am I wrong? Was HS open late without an event?

Ok wait. Have I confused everyone and now myself too? I know wait times were very long late last night. Or am I wrong? Was HS open late without an event?

As posted above….
Correct, not AH. It was a special ticketed event for the cheerleading championship competitors.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2024...id-these-2-weeks-at-disney-world-in-february/

It was a private event & not a paid public event. It was rented for a group.

I am so glad that wasn't a regular event! No wonder it didn't clear out.

Yes

During the DAH events, do all rides have a standby line? Or do you still have to go through the tiresome VQ system for Tron and GOTG?

Assuming the weather is ok, can anyone tell me does the skyliner operate at the end of after hours ( or EEH or other late night events like Jollywood)? Not asking about a specific date as we aren’t coming until the end of year.

Assuming the weather is ok, can anyone tell me does the skyliner operate at the end of after hours ( or EEH or other late night events like Jollywood)? Not asking about a specific date as we aren’t coming until the end of year.
When we did Epcot last year, the skyliner was not running, but they had buses. This was the first night of the event, so it may have changed since then.

Most times (all?) after EEH the Skyliner is not running so buses are provided.

When I went this year, I took the skyliner in but they had signs out saying skyliner was closing at a certain time. They didn’t have skyliner available at the end of AH.

I’ve never done the after hours events, so I was excited to see one during my upcoming trip. Now I'm not so sure...

This would be for the MK, not Epcot.

Pros:
  • no lines!
  • no need for G+

Cons:
  • Starts at 7, park closes at 9, so will still actually have crowds for a while.
  • After hours goes until 1, but I doubt my kids will make it to midnight, if that. So will we get everything done?
  • We will want to eat dinner before, so would probably have dinner at a monorail resort at around 5:30 I guess? That's a *little* early for us, but do-able.
Do any of these "cons" matter, given the no lines "pro"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter