Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

We just did after hours at DHS. Some rides were walk on, some had long waits. We didn’t stay for the whole event, but it seemed as it got later, the wait times went down. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Was Baseline TapHouse open during the event or does it close at the regular park closing?

Was Baseline TapHouse open during the event or does it close at the regular park closing?

I’m not sure. I know were we ate Mama Melrose was still open well past 9:00pm, but they were taking reservations only. A lot of the stores looked like they were closed near the TOT.

We did AH at HS on Wednesday and I didn't have a great experience. We had a group of 15 aged 8-70 and my family of 4 were the only ones who have been to HS before. Half the group had never stepped foot on Disney property. At the end, none of the group felt it was worth the money, unfortunately. It wasn't a Disney trip, and this AH event was our only Disney time.

My family of 4(DD 8, DS 15, DH38 and me 38) arrived around 4:30 and took the skyliner to AOA for dinner just for something to do. We wanted to try the skyliner as it was new since our last trip. We arrived back at the gate a few minutes before 7 and got right in. We had to wait for a few members of our party and headed to Fantasmic at 7:15. It ended at around 8:30 and we used the restroom and found some mickey pretzels then headed to Galaxy's Edge. We rode Smugglers run at approx 9 and waited 25 min in line. Then went to ROR and had a similar wait. By this time, our party wanted to ride slinky dog dash but it went down just before 10ish as far as I could tell.
So we did Spinning saucers with about a 5 min wait, then toy story mania which was also probably about 25 minutes. Slinky was still down, so we decided to head to MMRR then on to TOT. It was then we saw the TOT time had skyrocketed to 45 min after being 15 min all night. Figured it was a fluke and went on to MMRR and met Rafiki on the way in at 11:25. He switched out with Stitch at 11:30, so we got through MMRR (about 15 min wait) and got in line to meet Stitch at 11:50 and got to see him just before he left at midnight.
Finally we headed to TOT where the wait time remained steady at 45 min, and we got off at 12:44. Party ended at 12:30. Slinky did finally open back up while we were in line for TOT and they actually let my sister and her family in line at 12:37 despite the park being closed. She said they literally ran there from TOT and she thinks they felt bad for her lol but when we tried to go back there after TOT they wouldn't even let us into TS land. So we headed out.

Some disappointing things for us: all photopass photographers were done at 12:30 and all shops were closed. I swore when we did MK before we were able to get pictures and shop on our way out, but maybe I remember wrong? I felt bad because I convinced my kids to get their souvenirs on the way out, then they didn't have an opportunity.
RNR refurb was announced after we got our tickets. I was excited for my teenage nephews to try that. Then Slinky closed and they didn't get to ride that either. They aren't into Star Wars so weren't wowed by those rides.
No walk ons for anything for us, though alien spinning saucers was close. We skipped Star Tours simply because we didn't have time.

I think overall, we did get a lot done, and I'm trying not to lose sight of that, but it just didn't even compare to the magic of the AH we did at MK a few years ago where we walked on rides and rode some over and over.

Drink and snack carts had stuff just sitting on top, so we grabbed them as we went by. There was no lines whatsoever for those and they were encouraging people to take as many as they wanted. We did also stop for pictures with a photopass photographer twice but there was no lines so I didn't feel like that slowed us down much.

We did AH at HS on Wednesday and I didn't have a great experience. We had a group of 15 aged 8-70 and my family of 4 were the only ones who have been to HS before. Half the group had never stepped foot on Disney property. At the end, none of the group felt it was worth the money, unfortunately. It wasn't a Disney trip, and this AH event was our only Disney time.

My family of 4(DD 8, DS 15, DH38 and me 38) arrived around 4:30 and took the skyliner to AOA for dinner just for something to do. We wanted to try the skyliner as it was new since our last trip. We arrived back at the gate a few minutes before 7 and got right in. We had to wait for a few members of our party and headed to Fantasmic at 7:15. It ended at around 8:30 and we used the restroom and found some mickey pretzels then headed to Galaxy's Edge. We rode Smugglers run at approx 9 and waited 25 min in line. Then went to ROR and had a similar wait. By this time, our party wanted to ride slinky dog dash but it went down just before 10ish as far as I could tell.
So we did Spinning saucers with about a 5 min wait, then toy story mania which was also probably about 25 minutes. Slinky was still down, so we decided to head to MMRR then on to TOT. It was then we saw the TOT time had skyrocketed to 45 min after being 15 min all night. Figured it was a fluke and went on to MMRR and met Rafiki on the way in at 11:25. He switched out with Stitch at 11:30, so we got through MMRR (about 15 min wait) and got in line to meet Stitch at 11:50 and got to see him just before he left at midnight.
Finally we headed to TOT where the wait time remained steady at 45 min, and we got off at 12:44. Party ended at 12:30. Slinky did finally open back up while we were in line for TOT and they actually let my sister and her family in line at 12:37 despite the park being closed. She said they literally ran there from TOT and she thinks they felt bad for her lol but when we tried to go back there after TOT they wouldn't even let us into TS land. So we headed out.

Some disappointing things for us: all photopass photographers were done at 12:30 and all shops were closed. I swore when we did MK before we were able to get pictures and shop on our way out, but maybe I remember wrong? I felt bad because I convinced my kids to get their souvenirs on the way out, then they didn't have an opportunity.
RNR refurb was announced after we got our tickets. I was excited for my teenage nephews to try that. Then Slinky closed and they didn't get to ride that either. They aren't into Star Wars so weren't wowed by those rides.
No walk ons for anything for us, though alien spinning saucers was close. We skipped Star Tours simply because we didn't have time.

I think overall, we did get a lot done, and I'm trying not to lose sight of that, but it just didn't even compare to the magic of the AH we did at MK a few years ago where we walked on rides and rode some over and over.

Drink and snack carts had stuff just sitting on top, so we grabbed them as we went by. There was no lines whatsoever for those and they were encouraging people to take as many as they wanted. We did also stop for pictures with a photopass photographer twice but there was no lines so I didn't feel like that slowed us down much.
I'm sorry you didn't have a great time. We tried DHS AHs last Feb. for the first and absolute last time. It was terrible. We've done deluxe hours (different, but somewhat of a same premise) at MK and had a great time. All in all I don't think any of the other parks (aside from MK) have enough rides to even come close to making it worth it to us. On top of that, half of the appeal of the other parks (shows, world showcase at Epcot) are not open during the AH events which just puts more salt in the wound in our opinion (even transportation is limited lol).

We left last year feeling honestly taken advantage of and we won't pay for any AHs event in the future because of it. Again, I do think MK could be great, but the day after the party I wrote to guest relations about our disappointment (have never done that in the past) and they couldn't have cared less, so for us that really just sealed it.

Again, sorry to hear about your experience as well.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but does anyone know when Disney typically releases dates for After Hours for the latter half of the year? Thanks for any insight.

Not sure when they will, but MK typically doesn’t have any in the fall because of the holiday parties.

Makes sense, thanks. I was hoping to see something for July or August but wasn't sure just how early Halloween parties start these days.

We just did after hours at DHS. Some rides were walk on, some had long waits. We didn’t stay for the whole event, but it seemed as it got later, the wait times went down. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hi: how bad was the wait time for Rise? Do you think it would be better to rope drop it that day or wait for After Hours? And was Tower of Terror open for after hours?

Anyone go last night to the first "sold out" MK After Hours? Curious about the experience as previous reports of non-sold out events were glowing.

Hi: how bad was the wait time for Rise? Do you think it would be better to rope drop it that day or wait for After Hours? And was Tower of Terror open for after hours?
I did an earlier one, but I think AH would be a better bet, but it is a long ride. I did it right at closing.
ToT was open for AH.

We were at Magic Kingdom on leapday, closed out the park at 1:35 am. BEST DAY EVER! We went last year at the same time and we thought it was much better organized this time. The line to get thru security was loooong, past the ferry dock, loooong, but it moved really quickly. We were concerned about getting into the park but instead of the 2 touch points that were open (and a line that easily took 15 minutes to get thru) this year they had the entire bank of gates on the right side open. We stepped off the bus at 7:16 and the timestamp on my first picture under the train station was 7:25 Initially thought we would go thru the emporium and head left at the hub but the door was packed! Decided to walk straight up main street and headed towards the tiki birds. We had a jolly good sing along with the birdies and 2 families before boarding the jungle cruise just as the fire works started. That's a great time to go, BTW, it was the longest ride we've ever had since no one else chooses to do that instead of watching the big booms 🤪 our skipper pulled out all of her best gags. We rode everything we wanted at least once and they were all walk ons, several we just looped around and rode again. We got on Pooh just as the clock stuck 10 and kept the night rolling from there. Hubby maxed out at 8 ice creams, 2 popcorn and multiple water to bring back to the room and I grabbed 5 popcorn (love that they're using boxes this year, made it easier to carry around) We walked onto Tron without realizing that we had timed it perfectly- it had been down and just came online while I was looking for the tap point to use my DAS pass (only ride I needed to use it for other than our initial run on big Thunder). We got off just as the 11 fireworks started. Turned around and headed back the other direction, giggling like little kids. We got onto the carousel and as we rode the clock struck 1. Weather was perfect, zero crowds, great cast members and just plain fun. Got back to our room at 2:07

20240301_005114.jpg

20240301_010423.jpg
20240301_012525.jpg20240301_013443.jpg

Anyone go last night to the first "sold out" MK After Hours? Curious about the experience as previous reports of non-sold out events were glowing.
We went last night. It was fantastic. Before 10p we rode Pirates, Small World, Pooh, big thunder, and Minetrain. Didn’t wait more than 20 minutes for any of them. Also watched fireworks (not on Man Street). Got in line for Tron at 10. Unfortunately it broke down. We debated about waiting or bailing, decided to wait which turned out to be a good decision bc line stayed long all night. Then did People Mover, Buzz, and HM. I may be missing something else.

Basically we did everything except Jungle Cruise and Little Mermaid. We could easily have done those too but chose to watch second fireworks and sit and eat ice cream bars.

Highly recommend this event if you are just planning on one day in MK. For us it was way less stressful than fooling with Disney plus and lightening lanes and virtual queues.

Are the friendship boats still running after the event or do they switch to buses? We will probably be too tired to walk back to Boardwalk from DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter