• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney After Hours vs Evening Extra Magic Hours

Toulouse

Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them
I see the Disney After Hours events like "Extra Magic Hours" for those who aren't staying at a resort. Is that kind of the deal?

The reason I ask is, we are lucky enough to be staying at a resort for our upcoming trip in May, and had already planned to take advantage of the EMH hours (9-11pm) the evening of May 1st for Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom EMH has always been one of my very favourite things to do...

However, Disney just announced Disney After Hours for May 2nd. Would anyone consider it worth it to pay an extra $125 to go to the Disney After Hours event on May 2nd instead of the May 1st EMH - or both? Are the DAH events less crowded? Is there any point in the DAH if you already have access to the EMH other than our EMH being 2 hours and DAH being 3 hours?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Two separate experiences. DAH sells limited tickets and is more like a private party. Worth every cent in my opinion.

You sold me. “Like a private party”. Done. I read more in the main DAH thread about the waits and how there are so many fewer guests - and that’s the experience I remember from EMH back in 2006 so that’s what I need again. . Tickets bought and we will end up going to both - and now we may just bail on the EMH if the lines are too long. Having no kids really contributes to the disposable income lol.

Our plan is to book any and all DAH events on our next trip—we enjoyed it that much. We’re empty-nesters, so I can relate to it being more affordable without kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter