Disney All Star Music Resort - BED BUGS

You are sharing that room with thousands of other guests. My best friend encountered bed bugs at the Grand Floridian two years ago. As the others have stated, they are every where. It is up to you to check your linens. Personnaly, we bring a plastic cover for the mattress and box and then our own sheets. We then toss them after our stay. I'm not bringing anything home with us. You can get cheap sheets at Walmart, Kohls, anywhere. OH, don't place your luggage on the floor.

You are sharing that room with thousands of other guests. My best friend encountered bed bugs at the Grand Floridian two years ago. As the others have stated, they are every where. It is up to you to check your linens. Personnaly, we bring a plastic cover for the mattress and box and then our own sheets. We then toss them after our stay. I'm not bringing anything home with us. You can get cheap sheets at Walmart, Kohls, anywhere. OH, don't place your luggage on the floor.
But if you fly, you could be the one bringing them in with your luggage. Your plan should keep them out of your bed, but not out of your room.

My son is in college and a few months ago a student in his class was removed from the program because he had bed bugs so bad they were visibly crawling on him during class. I know that sounds extreme but people do let it get that bad and the go in public and bring them to schools, on buses, to movie theaters and work places. The suckers hide as well so you could be sitting in a dark movie theater with hundreds of them in the cracks of your seat and all it takes is for you to take 1 pregnant bed bug home and you're infested. Most likely you wouldn't notice for weeks or even months.

My son is in college and a few months ago a student in his class was removed from the program because he had bed bugs so bad they were visibly crawling on him during class. I know that sounds extreme but people do let it get that bad and the go in public and bring them to schools, on buses, to movie theaters and work places. The suckers hide as well so you could be sitting in a dark movie theater with hundreds of them in the cracks of your seat and all it takes is for you to take 1 pregnant bed bug home and you're infested. Most likely you wouldn't notice for weeks or even months.
That poor kid!

My husband works for a large university and they've had a several cases of bed bugs with employees and students. It happens.

On my trip last year someone at GF had bedbugs in their room too

I've read that you should not set your luggage on the floor or bed when you first check in and to pull back the fitted sheet on each corner of the bed to see if you notice any blood specks or actual bed bugs. Is there anything else or anywhere else to check before settling in?
watch a youtube video to see how to check

When you're checking, don't forget to check the tops of any mirrors or artwork in the room. Bed bugs like to hide there too, because it's quiet and they don't get disturbed there.

But if you fly, you could be the one bringing them in with your luggage. Your plan should keep them out of your bed, but not out of your room.
I stated that we throw away the bed linens at the end of the trip. How does that translate into infecting a plane? If you meant I had them at home and was bringing them with me, sorry but we do not have bed bugs at home.

We got a few notices from our elementary school last year that they had found bed bugs in random classrooms here and there and were treating the school for them. They really are anywhere people can be.

I stated that we throw away the bed linens at the end of the trip. How does that translate into infecting a plane? If you meant I had them at home and was bringing them with me, sorry but we do not have bed bugs at home.

I think the point was perhaps just saying that while called "bed" bugs they can be anywhere in the room so protecting the bed does not necessarily protect you. They can still gain access to your clothing, luggage, etc. and travel home. They can also get on you from an airplane seat and travel to the room with you. There just aren't any fail safe precautions unfortunately.

your suitcases could pick them up while on the plane so you could bring them with you and not have at home even with throwing out linens you could bring home with you again from plane

We got them in our office building. Living in the cubicle walls. They are sneaky. Can get as thin as a piece of paper if they havent eaten and hide anywhere. They brought in bedbug sniffing dogs to identify areas of infestation. My takeaway from the entire experience: try not to panick, put your suitcase in the tub and do a check. Check everywhere..bed, behind headboard, electrical socket covers (see if any are swarming about), even behind paintings. Throw your clothes into the dryer on high heat when you first get home.

I love the idea of putting the suitcase in the tub! We usually leave them outside the door and I always imagine are bugs getting in the suitcase when they are left outside.

We bought a heat treater so after every trip we take, Disney or otherwise, nothing comes into our home without first being heat treated. I know you can use your dryer, however this heats up to a higher degree and I can fit more in at one time. Plus, I am not dragging our stuff through the house to the laundry room.

We bought a heat treater so after every trip we take, Disney or otherwise, nothing comes into our home without first being heat treated. I know you can use your dryer, however this heats up to a higher degree and I can fit more in at one time. Plus, I am not dragging our stuff through the house to the laundry room.

How does this work and what did it cost? Does it penetrate the items in the luggage too?

How does this work and what did it cost? Does it penetrate the items in the luggage too?

I purchased ours through Zappbug and it was $349. You can fit a good size suitcase with your clothes in it. Just make sure it is open and the clothes aren’t tightly packed. It does take awhile for the first load to heat (you have to let it get to 120 degrees for an hour) but then the following loads go quicker. It is a bit pricey, but it is worth my peace of mind as we dealt with bedbugs in a hotel before.

Nothing new. Got to check. Anywhere in the world. No matter how nice of a hotel. I consider it a non issue anymore. We look for bedbugs no different than making sure there is toilet paper. Lol
I will say WDW/DLR is probably the best kept rooms I have ever seen. It is extremely rare at Disney hotels.
Crazy!! It's extremely COMMON in Disney....don't be fooled...

Hey bed bugs are better than black widows. We always check no matter where we stay. Bed bugs are everywhere now. WDW DL. Do the best at preventing and keeping the issue to a minimum. I have no worries ever staying at a Disney resort.
But you should. They are all over Disney, unfortunately.

Nothing new. Got to check. Anywhere in the world. No matter how nice of a hotel. I consider it a non issue anymore. We look for bedbugs no different than making sure there is toilet paper. Lol
I will say WDW/DLR is probably the best kept rooms I have ever seen. It is extremely rare at Disney hotels.
No way....Disney is one of the worst for bed bugs...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter