Disney Animation and Pixar Animation In Jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt it. The popularity of various media companies offering comes and goes over time, a few years it may flip-flop with Disney having all of the top-rated films. It's
I appreciate you doubt that it’ll happen, but it seems to me that you haven’t finish the whole post since ended on It’s. I guess it’s a mistake.

I doubt Disney and Pixar will die out. I think there's more competition with more studios producing excellent films. In the past, Disney was the top dog with no real competitors. That's not really the case anymore. Plus this isn't the first time this has happened for Disney. The early-mid 2000s were a rough time movie wise (in terms of box office). Even Dreamworks had a rough patch with their releases and now they're doing great. Their live action department seems to also be experiencing issues as recent movies such as Disenchanted and the Pinocchio remake reviewed poorly. It feels like their entire film division is lacking solid direction.

There are a few recent films that I enjoyed such as Turning Red, Luca and Encanto but others didn't do it for me such as Onward. I have not seen Lightyear or Strange World as neither of them interest me.

Oh and I know people are going to bring up the "woke propaganda" in some of these movies but I find that whole situation to be ridiculous and a non issue.

I doubt Disney and Pixar will die out. I think there's more competition with more studios producing excellent films. In the past, Disney was the top dog with no real competitors. That's not really the case anymore. Plus this isn't the first time this has happened for Disney. The early-mid 2000s were a rough time movie wise (in terms of box office). Even Dreamworks had a rough patch with their releases and now they're doing great. Their live action department seems to also be experiencing issues as recent movies such as Disenchanted and the Pinocchio remake reviewed poorly. It feels like their entire film division is lacking solid direction.

There are a few recent films that I enjoyed such as Turning Red, Luca and Encanto but others didn't do it for me such as Onward. I have not seen Lightyear or Strange World as neither of them interest me.

Oh and I know people are going to bring up the "woke propaganda" in some of these movies but I find that whole situation to be ridiculous and a non issue.
Thank you. I just hope Elemental and Wish become box office hits next year.

Thank you. I just hope Elemental and Wish become box office hits next year.
I forgot to add this in my original post but I think Disney keeping these films in theaters longer rather than putting them on Disney+ after a month or so will definitely help. Many of the recent films did suffer due to Covid (Onward especially so) but others were more due to them being dumped onto Disney+ right away.

I forgot to add this in my original post but I think Disney keeping these films in theaters longer rather than putting them on Disney+ after a month or so will definitely help. Many of the recent films did suffer due to Covid (Onward especially so) but others were more due to them being dumped onto Disney+ right away.
Thanks again. I hope so.

Wonder why.

The real reason? It was the loss of John Lasseter. While I do understand that he was problematic as an employee, as a creative he was bar-none tops in the animation game. He knew what the movies needed and put Pixar at the top. he then steered WDAS out of their previous slump.

Honestly, WDAS has always had its ups and downs - it'll come around again. They just need a real visionary at the helm, or a concentrated effort to make it happen.

Last edited:
The real reason? It was the loss of John Lasseter. While I do understand that he was problematic as an employee, as a creative he was bar-none tops in the animation game. He knew what the movies needed and put Pixar at the top. he then steered WDAS out of their previous slump.

Honestly, WDAS has always had its ups and downs - it'll come around again. They jsut need a real visionary at the helm, or a concentrated effort to make it happen.
Was he the only person that could create hits? Universal somehow managed without him.

Was he the only person that could create hits? Universal somehow managed without him.

Oh, he's not the only one, but he is absolutely one of the best. Honestly, I know Some recent Dreamworks/Illumniation films have done well, but are they really as great as a lot of the Pixar ouvre under Lasseter? Not in my estimation. Chris Meledandri over at Illumination though is pretty sharp and has a good bead on things. Their success isn't surprising. Jennifer Lee is good, but not quite great. Pete Docter is great, but may not have the focus to guide the whole company. It's shaking out. In Hollywood, you're just one hit away from cementing your legacy. If Elemental turns out to be a masterpeice in the vein of Coco or Up, then who will remember that Lightyear was kind of a dud? We don't know much about Wish yet, but what I would say is that if it is a fantasy with catchy music, that's the recipe. We'll just have to see.

Last edited:
6 sequels and 1 new idea to earn that $2B.

So yeah Disney should obviously move on from creating something new and stick to their known IP and just pump out sequels. Works well for their live action remakes….

Last edited:
I think they need to get back to giving families content that excites and inspires them. Zootopia was great. Inside Out was a masterpiece. Toy Story 2 was awesome. Bring back the Lassiter-era creatives who knew how to tell a story!

I agree and I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet lol. That being said, no matter which side you or I are on, I do think it's definitely an issue. I saw Strange World and it's woke to the extreme. Again - politics aside. Just facts... It's very, very woke and that might have to do with the flop. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter