Disney Anuual Pass Payment Plan

packncanes

Earning My Ears
Anyone know if Disney is ever going to offer an Annual Pass Payment plan? A lot of other parks are offering it now including Universal Studios, Busch Gardens/Sea World, and a few others. I live in North Carolina and if it was an option, I would do it. I could take vacation days on Friday or Monday, and do several 3 day weekends. It is only a 9.5 hour drive for me. I can not afford to pay the full price at once, and I do not want to put that much on a credit card. Thanks for any help.

Interesting idea. I might would go for that. I would like for them to offer something to go along with a DVC membership.

SW and BGT have been doing it a couple of years and now USF-IOA is offering it as well. I don't see WDW as following others in this venture but you never know.

If Disney bean counters they would sell substantially more APs, then perhaps they would consider it. But, they would have to justify the increased accounting costs to track each AP sold on the payment plan, the costs associated with monthly direct debits, if you had it deducted from your checking account, the cost of having someone de-activate and re-activate the account if someone missed a payment, etc. Also, resort occupancy rates would figure into the equation. As long as a high percentage of the rooms onsite are rented, there is no benefit to offering them at discounted rates to increased numbers of AP holders. Could Disney justify selling rooms cheaper simply assuming people may spend more $$ in the parks? I'm sure the bean counters have been tracking the average KTTW charges of both AP holders and rack-rate guests. If AP holders spent substantailly more in the park, then that too could justify the increased accounting expenses.

Given the huge number of APs sold annually at WDW vs SeaWorld and Universal, I doubt they would find it cost effective.

I put aside a little each month until I could buy our tickets for the entire family.

We will get 3 trips out of them this year.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter