Disney app and TP Lines app are way, way off of each other

CeruleanMoon

Mouseketeer
Is this normal?

I've been comparing these 2 apps for the past 2 weeks. Three times now I've looked at the same rides on each app simultaneously, yet had them not even be remotely close to each other. I don't expect them to be exact, of course, but we're talking 45 minutes + off.

For example: Right now, 1:56 pm EST:

I checked...

Dinosaur:

Disney's app says it is a 10 minute wait.

Lines says it is a 43 minute wait, with a posted wait time of 55 minutes.

Frozen Ever After:

Disney = 20 mins

Lines = 100 mins, posted at 115 mins

Rock n' Roller:

Disney = 35 mins

Lines = 66 mins, posted at 90 mins

What's going on? Is this normal? Is there something wrong with one of my apps? Lines is showing "Current Wait times" as 2:01pm, so that is correct. Is Disney's off then?

I would say it's not "normal" but there is always going to be some variance. Dinosaur is now showing as temporarily closed, so that could have some impact on it. If I were to bet, I would say that the actual times being documented by Lines users are more accurate and up to date, while the MDE app may be slower to respond to closures, etc. I would almost always trust actual documented times by users over Disney's posted times.

There's going to be some variance, but those times are not normal at all. I'm guessing the lines app is either incorrect or your mde app hasn't updated and isn't showing correct times.

A usual example would be like Frozen for MDE says 60 min but lines actual wait says 40min.

I've NEVER entered a Disney line with a posted wait time of say 20 min and waited 100 min like your saying you're seeing for Frozen.

The MDE app reflects what is shown on the ride itself, so I go by MDE. They might inflate wait times near park closing or so, but like I said, I've never seen Disney posted wait times like you're saying and then actually waiting what the lines app is showing you

I would say it's not "normal" but there is always going to be some variance. Dinosaur is now showing as temporarily closed, so that could have some impact on it. If I were to bet, I would say that the actual times being documented by Lines users are more accurate and up to date, while the MDE app may be slower to respond to closures, etc. I would almost always trust actual documented times by users over Disney's posted times.

Is there a way to force the Disney app to refresh? Dinosaur is still showing as 15 minutes for me. I noticed that the app recently did an update...I don't know if that's related but it wouldn't be the first time their updates have messed up the app for me. :worried: I've tried filtering out different parks and re-applying them again, restarting my phone...but it still says 15 minutes for Dinosaur.

There's going to be some variance, but those times are not normal at all. I'm guessing the lines app is either incorrect or your mde app hasn't updated and isn't showing correct times.

A usual example would be like Frozen for MDE says 60 min but lines actual wait says 40min.

I've NEVER entered a Disney line with a posted wait time of say 20 min and waited 100 min like your saying you're seeing for Frozen.

The MDE app reflects what is shown on the ride itself, so I go by MDE. They might inflate wait times near park closing or so, but like I said, I've never seen Disney posted wait times like you're saying and then actually waiting what the lines app is showing you

Yeah, such a wide disparity didn't seem right to me.

Yes, definitely something isn't right. CAS239 summary is spot on.

Try refreshing. You just "grab" the screen and pull down, if I recall.

:sad2::sad2:
Yes, definitely something isn't right. CAS239 summary is spot on.

Try refreshing. You just "grab" the screen and pull down, if I recall.

Pulling the page up and down just sees to toggle the log in screen and the map. I don't see any other changes. I backed out of the app entirely and it acted like it was reloading from scratch, but nope, Dinosaur still listed as 15 minutes. I first noticed weirdness 2 weeks ago but I only use the app occasionally for fun, so who knows how long ago it started? I'm starting to wonder if the app has been frozen on these numbers for weeks.

No one else has seen this problem?

Last time I had an app issue, a few other people had the same problem as well. There didn't seem to be anyway to fix it, and maybe 2 weeks later Disney released an update that fixed it on its own.

I really hope it's working when we go on our trip. If it starts working again, maybe I should avoid all updates from now on? I don't know why the app has been giving me problems. :sad1:

:sad2::sad2:

Pulling the page up and down just sees to toggle the log in screen and the map. I don't see any other changes. I backed out of the app entirely and it acted like it was reloading from scratch, but nope, Dinosaur still listed as 15 minutes. I first noticed weirdness 2 weeks ago but I only use the app occasionally for fun, so who knows how long ago it started? I'm starting to wonder if the app has been frozen on these numbers for weeks.

No one else has seen this problem?

Last time I had an app issue, a few other people had the same problem as well. There didn't seem to be anyway to fix it, and maybe 2 weeks later Disney released an update that fixed it on its own.

I really hope it's working when we go on our trip. If it starts working again, maybe I should avoid all updates from now on? I don't know why the app has been giving me problems. :sad1:

We just got back from a weeks stay at WDW. MDE was incorrect the entire week. We had fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain and when I checked MDE, it stated that the ride was temporarily closed. We were standing in the FP+ line and the ride was definitely working with guest riding. Several other rides were showing a 10 minute wait and when we got to the attraction, the actual time was closer to 50 minutes (we were within a minutes walking distance so there was little time lapse between checking MDE and getting to the ride). I was frustrated with MDE all week. Kept refreshing just to get the same result which was incorrect more often than not. Finally gave up using MDE for accurate info and relied on the posted wait times.

Often when we saw that happen during our May trip it was because Disney did something that changed capacity (closed a side of Primeval Whirl is one we saw). MDE was adjusted immediately but Lines didn’t because it took a while for those user times to catch up.

I had to uninstall and reinstall the MDE app to get the waittimes to refresh - they were stuck at the same time for over a week. Updating it did not fix it.

Is this normal?

I've been comparing these 2 apps for the past 2 weeks. Three times now I've looked at the same rides on each app simultaneously, yet had them not even be remotely close to each other. I don't expect them to be exact, of course, but we're talking 45 minutes + off.

For example: Right now, 1:56 pm EST:

I checked...

Dinosaur:

Disney's app says it is a 10 minute wait.

Lines says it is a 43 minute wait, with a posted wait time of 55 minutes.

It looks like Dinosaur was offline from at least 2:30 to 3 pm today, possibly earlier. It might have been that MDE didn't detect that or get it posted. Or something else in the feed.

I had to uninstall and reinstall the MDE app to get the waittimes to refresh - they were stuck at the same time for over a week. Updating it did not fix it.

Maybe I'll give this a try. Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions!

I have had the same problem the last few days. One day it was showing wait times of 5 or 10 minutes for every ride in the middle of the afternoon. Riiiiigggghhtt.

I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing.

I've NEVER entered a Disney line with a posted wait time of say 20 min and waited 100 min like you're saying you're seeing for Frozen.

Unfortunately, this happened to us for the Nemo ride in EPCOT. Said 10 minutes and changed to 15 as we walked under the stand-by sign. We waited 50 minutes shuffling thru the switchbacks! This has nothing to do with which app is correct. This was the sign at the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter