Disney aspire program.

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
No idea what forum to put this question in

Question. I don’t live in Florida. But daughter really wants to go to college In Florida and work at Disney. I read a Disney employee if works for 90 days qualifies for aspire program.
If she moves to Florida and works at Disney will she qualify for program after 90 days or does she need to be a resident of Florida first?
Thanks

I'm also very interested in this program. Disney says that it is any cast member who is hourly, so it also applies to DLR Cms and Disney Store Cms, so I don't think that residency will be an issue. Note that most of the programs are entirely online programs offered by the university.

I tried to link to the Disney aspire program but It comes up with an error on DisBoards side.

Note that this does not apply to College Program cast members, which is most of the people they hire to do the "lower" roles, like merchandise, or QS Food & Beverage. Keep an eye on
DisneyCareers . com this is where Disney posts all their job listings.

No, my DD works for Disney and lives in FL but hadn't gone through the process of changing any ID when she started Aspire. They pay EVERYTHING. It's a great benefit.

No, my DD works for Disney and lives in FL but hadn't gone through the process of changing any ID when she started Aspire. They pay EVERYTHING. It's a great benefit.
Awesome, thank you for your reply, does she need to put it as income on her taxes a tuition reimbursement or is it really all upfront?
Does your program have to be related to your job or can you choose any that they offer?
Are there any other eligibility requirements other than being employed for 90 days? This seems to good to be true?

Thank you.

Awesome, thank you for your reply, does she need to put it as income on her taxes a tuition reimbursement or is it really all upfront?
Does your program have to be related to your job or can you choose any that they offer?
Are there any other eligibility requirements other than being employed for 90 days? This seems to good to be true?

Thank you.

Yes, that's an IRS law. Disney claims they gross up the benefit and pay the taxes for you too, but she just started the program in Jan 2020 so I'm curious to see how that all shakes out too. She's in grad school, so I KNOW her benefit will be above the IRS limit. Disney does pay everything up front except books, but you get reimbursed for those too.

Yes, I believe you can pick any one from the list. The only other requirement I've heard is the one that was mentioned earlier that you have to be hourly- so the key is to get in when you can, because if you are promoted to a salaried role, you are still good to go since you are already enrolled in the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter