disney at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do the Christmas decorations stay up? I'm hoping to make it for a couple days but I don't think we're going to be able to go until 12/27 or 12/28. Will the decorations still be up?

How long do the Christmas decorations stay up? I'm hoping to make it for a couple days but I don't think we're going to be able to go until 12/27 or 12/28. Will the decorations still be up?

I'm almost positive you'll be able to see the decorations. I think they start taking them down on January 3rd.

steph

Yes! The decorations will be up until a few days after January of 2010. Santa and maybe some of the carolers will be gone as son as Christmas is over, but all the rest of it will be there!

Does DL close due to capacity on days like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?

Thanks
Vickie

Does DL close due to capacity on days like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?

Thanks
Vickie

Sometimes they will do that. There are no designated days on which they close due to capacity - it could be any day, really. If Valentine's Day drew in the masses, they would shut down then too. I think these capacity issues just happen to occur around the days you mentioned. So it just depends on how many people actually show up on which days and if it is necessary to close for a bit. Usually they will shuffle people over to DCA in the event that happens, which is fine with me, and let them back into DL later at night.

As for New Year's Eve, I am not sure what they are doing about it this year. New Year's Eve is notoriously crowded (insanely so - I have experienced it myself and never again will I do that), and very early this year, there was an Al Lutz article about the high number of AP holders now (affecting attendance levels), and how some measures may have to be taken to curtail the large number of people cramming into DL on NYE. There was some mention of DLR possibly shutting down DL early (to everyone) on NYE and only allowing people who purchase separate tickets for the midnight celebration to be in the park, much like how it is done for the Trick or Treat Party in DCA, and extending the NYE hours in DCA a bit to accommodate the overflow. I am not sure if that is actually being done this year or if PAP holders and people with regular Hoppers will still be able to spend all day and night in DL on NYE without buying a separate ticket.

Let's bump this thread....just because it is fun.....and the holiday season at DLR begins in 2 months!!!

Well since you're bumping we definitely have to mention the Christmas parade. My favorite parade because one of the roller skating snowflakes blew me a kiss once when I was a little boy and I felt like the most special person in the park.

Disney Dreams- Your last photo of the Castle in holiday blue lights with the partners satue in the foreground is maybe my favorite Disney Christmas pic i've ever seen, so beautiful!!

Love the tips about Holiday Haunted Mansion...and the pics of holiday treats...even tho I've been many times at Xmas, there's always more to discover...We will be there from dec. 18-22 this year for my dds bday...Can't wait!

I have to ditto everything Sherri has said about DLR at the holidays. There is nothing else like it. Everyone should experience it at least once. We are also not religious and just enjoy the simple ambience of being in the most magical places with an extra dose of magic! I love the music that plays in the background and the extra little touches like the light show and snow that occurs every so often with the tree and lights on Main Street.
Love it!
Here are some photos...

NOS:
527028069_pTjAS-L.jpg

524132968_ndDh7-L.jpg

524132657_uxerk-L.jpg

492624701_vkPWx-L.jpg

492626689_CPcMz-L.jpg

HMH:
524132811_qqmyM-L.jpg

495077985_CKfJy-L.jpg

474686302_77ifV-L.jpg

504922917_ctuF4-L.jpg

499232544_GUMzr-L.jpg

494503268_s6RAi-L-1.jpg

The light show on Main Street with snow falling:
494507476_8yY9r-L.jpg

494511954_FCpD7-L.jpg

494539924_xnPQY-L.jpg

474697797_KLbik-L.jpg

473996280_UVuWH-L.jpg

I just love :love: the Holidays at DLR!

Well I am going on Friday dec 18 just before a two week cruise to Hawaii, and I may be more excited about the one day at Disneyland??? Oh well, I was wondering if anyone has a guess as to crowd levels that day and hours the park will be open.

Thanks john

Excellent photographic additions to this thread, DisneySuiteFreak!!! I love Halloweentime at DLR, but there is nothing quite as special and magical as Christmastime at DLR!!

Excellent photographic additions to this thread, DisneySuiteFreak!!! I love Halloweentime at DLR, but there is nothing quite as special and magical as Christmastime at DLR!!

Thanks Sherry! I totally agree about Christmastime... I am so sad that this is the first year since 2002 that I won't be going for the holidays. :sad: I used up most of my PL so that's why I won't be going. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to go in Sept instead of January! :scared1:

I can do a pretty good job of describing DLR during the holidays (because I love it so much), but then I remembered I had that list of food from last stored on my computer, and so that, along with 21yankees' great photos, we can make a pretty compelling point as to why anyone should visit DLR during that time! And you know we did a good job if someone wants to fly halfway around the world to get there!!:rotfl2:

Yes you have done a good job We are flying from half way round the world and will be over for Christmas 2010 Thank you for all this great information makes us want to go this year

I have nothing to add except that we are going at Xmas for the first time in 11 years, and this thread is getting me very excited!

DisneySuiteFreak~thank you for posting your gorgeous photos!!
We usually go for our annivarsary which is the leader of the clubs birthday and everything is all Christmassy but havnt been for 2 years so havnt had the chance to see the castle with the "ice" overlay!!
We leave 2 months from today and your photos really help set the mood!
Anyone who gets a chance to go at Christmas, should!:santa:

Let me say this about Disneyland at Christmas. I'm a Christian, so this time of year is extra special for me. But there was a time in my life when nothing seemed to go right for me. As December rolled around, it had literally become just another month for me. On the inside, I literally felt like Ebeneezer Scrooge, and my normal hope and optimism was replaced by despair and cynicism.

And then my family went to Disneyland later that month. I will never forget the tears that rolled down my cheek (and I don't cry easily) as the Silent Night portion of the fireworks show began one night as I stood alone in front the castle. That soft beautiful guitar music and the one star shooting across the night sky made me feel like for just an instant what it must have been like for the shepherds on that first Christmas night as the star shone brightly in the sky. By the time the snow fell at the end, I again felt like Scrooge, only this time the Scrooge at the end of Dickens' classic.

I've been to Disneyland every year in December since. It's as much a part of the holidays for me as caroling and hot cocoa.

Thanks for sharing Sleepless Knight. Sounds like a beautiful time to go.

And thanks to those who shared pictures. Looks so amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter