• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney attraction update database

GammaPro74

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I'm getting ready to take my family to WDW in exactly 4 weeks. We used to go pretty regularly, but haven't been since 2014. I'm amused at how excited I'm finding myself about going. I used to always tell people we went yearly because "the boys" love it so much. Well, our "boys" are both grown adults with careers now. And, while they are both very much looking forward to the trip, I think their Mom and I are even more excited.

Anyway, I have been watching the Behind the Attraction and Imagineering documentaries on Disney+ during my evening exercises (to keep heightening the mood) and they often show changes they've made to attractions since our last trip. For example, they were showing how they put classic Disney character dolls in with the children in It's A Small World and I immediately thought of the fun of looking to see if I could catch sight of each one.

That made me think... there are probably LOTS of updates made to different attractions in the last 7 years. So, does anyone know if there exists a collected database of changes to look for?

Are you going to WDW or DL? The characters dolls are only at DL (California) and not WDW.

Disney changes things on a regular basis. We (normally) go 2-3 times a year and we always talk about how things change often within a week of our leaving. I'm not aware of a running list of changes but suffice to say there will be MANY since you visited 7 years ago!

A few biggies I can think of at WDW:
- Skyliner
- Fantasyland in MK
- Toy Story Land in DHS
- Star Wars Land in DHS

This is only a teeny, tiny bit of the changes.

Are you going to WDW or DL? The characters dolls are only at DL (California) and not WDW.

Disney changes things on a regular basis. We (normally) go 2-3 times a year and we always talk about how things change often within a week of our leaving. I'm not aware of a running list of changes but suffice to say there will be MANY since you visited 7 years ago!

A few biggies I can think of at WDW:
- Skyliner
- Fantasyland in MK
- Toy Story Land in DHS
- Star Wars Land in DHS

This is only a teeny, tiny bit of the changes.
What is different about Fantasyland since 2014? SDMT opened in early 2014, but the rest of the expansion opened well before that, mostly in 2012.

The auction scene in Pirates. Not sure when the Peter Pan cue got updated, but probably since 2014. And the Jungle Cruise.

A quick google turned up this page. Only of couple of them occurred in WDW since 2014, though.

https://www.insider.com/disneyland-disney-world-rides-changed
Included on that page:
  • Great Movie Ride replaced with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
  • Maelstrom replaced with Frozen Ever After
But that got me to thinking... Here are some other changes that come to mind (greatly aided by this site: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/The_Disney_Wiki)...
  • Soarin' Over California replaced with Soarin' Around the World. Also added was a third theater (concourse C) to increase capacity.
  • Pandora World of Avatar replaced Camp Minnie-Mickey meet and greet areas.
  • Festival of the Lion King moved from Camp Minnie-Mickey to Harambe theater in Africa. Show now modified due to pandemic.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean changes:
    • Lady Pirate "Redd" featured in new auction scene (as previously mentioned)
    • New talking skull added before drop, with on-ride photo camera
  • Coco scene being added to Mickey's Philharmagic soon.
  • Biden (and Trump) added to Hall of Presidents.
  • Star Tours updates now include locations and characters from the sequel movies.
  • Some Impressions de France showtimes replaced with a Beauty and the Beast singalong show.
  • Three Caballeros animatronics added to Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico.
  • Disney Junior Live On Stage replaced with Disney Junior Dance Party and new characters.
  • Frozen singalong show replaced American Idol Experience.
  • Tomorrowland theming update.
  • Play Disney Parks mobile app offers interactive games and activities based on location (within Galaxy's Edge or in ride queues).
  • Center of Epcot replaced with a crater.
Upcoming additions, depending on the timing of your visit...
  • Remi's Ratatouille Adventure
  • Tron Lightcycle coaster
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure being replaced by Guardians of the Galaxy coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter