Disney Birthday Ideas

Aimee_Jane83

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

It's my step daughters birthday coming up in two weeks and as we have a Disneyland trip (her first) coming up next month I thought it maybe fun to make up a Disneyland bag for her of things she can take on the plane or have when she's down there. One of our Disboards members was super kind and sent me park maps recently which is a great start. It's something my sd can look at on the plane and I can tell her all sorts of cool stories of what she will enjoy in each area. I was thinking maybe a t-shirt, perhaps a beach towel for the pool, any other suggestions? She's going to be turning 12 and is getting away from toys and into more teenager stuff. Thanks in advance.

A map of where the pressed penny machines are located along with a (Mini M&Ms) tube or two of two quarters one penny, stacked. A Disney gift card, a messenger bag to hold her own stuff, glow in the dark sticks from the dollar store, Lipsmackers or other Chapstick type lip balm as well as a small brush.
Favorite snacks for the plane ride and the ride to/from airport. A scrapbook and all the cool scrapbook papers, washi tapes, etc that have Disney on them so she can scrap the trip when she gets home. A small journal and a cute Disney pen/pencil of her favorite character.

Bringing our kids (a bit younger 9 + 7) in June, got the 'Going to guides' for Disneyland and DCA, some pins ready to trade, the Eye Found it Disney card game to play on the plane, and the things to do in line book for once we arrive...

Love the idea for the pressed pennies, might try to track down some US change!

Bringing our kids (a bit younger 9 + 7) in June, got the 'Going to guides' for Disneyland and DCA, some pins ready to trade, the Eye Found it Disney card game to play on the plane, and the things to do in line book for once we arrive...

Love the idea for the pressed pennies, might try to track down some US change!

My kids love pin trading, not sure how I forgot to add that! You can usually buy a lot of (real) pins for cheap ($1 each) and then she could trade them for others. Not sure if it’s still this way, but last we were there CMs with aqua lanyards could only trade with kids so typically had great pins, and were fun to interact with. So, pins and a lanyard?

Also, re: the beach towel, that’s something I might save for buying there. I still have a DL towel from my first trip in 1985, and my kids both have one with the year (2010) as well. It’s a fun souvenir.

:)

ShopDisney.com had some very cute Disney lip balms. Also, a Disney refillable water bottle will come in very handy in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter