• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Brides and Grooms - Occupations?

KT27

<font color=magenta>Disney Bride<br><font color=co
I was wondering what everybody did for work, whether it's school or a career.

As my siggy shows DH is a SSG in the US ARMY. He is 34 been in for 15.5 years (4.5 to go!). He is currently in Iraq for a year.

I am 28...approaching 29 GRRR! I was a service mgr at a Chevy & Hyundai Dealership for the last 6 years. When DH got stationed at Fort Hood, TX I left my job in Feb 06. I am currently attending school to become a Massage Therapist.

So what do you do?

~Katie

Aww, my Matron of Honor and her husband are stationed at Fort Hood! She just got pregnant and re-enlisted with the Air Force Reserve, she was in the Army. Her and her Husband are Sgts. he's still in the Army and is going to deploy to Iraq in about a month or so. I am 27 and work at a Jewelry store. I am a Dept. Manager. It's a Very Large store. I'm also the third key/asst. mgr. I love my job! I get to help people pick out special items for special occasions all the time. And right now it's a lot of fun, because I get to talk to the brides and grooms who are planning their wedding and then I can talk about my DFTW! Everyone is always like, "Wow" When I tell them I'm getting married in Disney World. My DF is 34 and will be 35 this month! I'm trying to plan a supprise party for him! He works in HVAC. (Indoor air quaility, Heating, AC) I pick with him and tell him the reason I'm marrying him is cause I don't want to every worry about living without Airconditioning! :rotfl: He also writes on the side, he's very good too! We think then next thing he writes should be "our" story! :love:

Oh and I've been in Jewelry for about 8 years. I'm a Certified Diamondtoloigst with the DCA and I'm working on my Gemology at the moment. My DF has been in his field for about 10-11yrs.

Currently I work as an office manager (Jane of all trades) for a landscape contractor. Rick and I also own our own trucking business. He's been in the trucking business his entire life. We started up our own company a year before we got married.

I am 22 and i work as a paralegal in Indianapolis, we are the largest foreclosure firm in the state of Indiana. And if you knew indiana's foreclosure rate (highest in the country!) you would understand that my job is non stop!

DF is 26 and in his last semester of school at IU and he just landed a job at the 8th largest accounting firm in the country as an auditing accountant (auditing both public and private companies). He is beginning to study for the CPA exam and dreading it! :sad2: But he is still very excited! He currently owns a successful lawn and landscaping business that he started when he was 14 with 5 yards, he now handles about 115! He is trying to sell to the company to the right buyer cause he is beginning his accounting career.

I am just dreaming of the day that i can be a stay at home wife and mom! (only about 3-4 years to go! :rotfl2: ) Thats the ultimate goal for him and I! :cloud9:

I am currently 21 years old and at the very end of my nursing program. I will graduate in May as an RN and and hoping to apply to graduate school soon after. I'm working as a Nurse Technician right now.
DF is 22 and applying to nursing school at the moment (has switched his major a few times, but finally found his calling!), and should be graduating as an RN in May of 2009. He wants to go to graduate school eventually also to become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (he's great with kids). :Pinkbounc He's currently working as a truck driver for my dads company.

Oh goody, I get to be the oldest bride again! ;) :rotfl:

I'm 40 and I am an engineer...I design roads/intersections/interstates/etc (hence the username).

DH is 44 and is a SAHH (that's Stay-at-home-hubby). He takes care of our three furkids and the house and the laundry and the errands... :teeth: He has several degrees, but it seems he's "overaqualified" for many jobs around here.

I am 26 and I am currently a Nursing Student in my 2nd year and also study Forensic Science, I work part time as a Rape and Sexual Abuse Counsellor and a Community Carer. I hope to become a Forensic Nurse and work part time in the ER.
My fiance is 31 this month and currently works in the automobile industry in the warranty department. He also writes on the side as this is what he hopes to do as his long term life goal. We hope to immigrate to the States when I qualify as that is where we hope to settle in the future.

I'm right behind you highwaygal! I will be 39 (for the first time) in December and I am an Administrative Assistant at a local university. My department has 25 full-time and 17 part-time faculty members. I am also attending classes working on a second bachelor's degree in theatre where I work.

DH is 40, and works as a systems monitor for a local computer company. Don't ask me what that means...I just know that he stares at a computer screen most of the day and makes runs with equipment sometimes. :surfweb:

My fiance is a CAD designer for an engineering firm and im an IT analyst.

We are alos hoping to settle in the states as i have family in New York, Pittsberg and Texas! Think it may take a whilefor us to qualify to get a green card though!

I'm 21 im a Certified Residential State Contractor here in Fl.
I work for my Dad 1 with his construction company and 2 with his school. I'm an instructor that teaches guys to pass their Fl state General contractors exam (FYI super ahrd test).
DF is 23, and currently working at finishing up his paramedic cert.
He wants to be Fire dork.
Hes finished fireschool and EMT.
So now its just finishing this and getting a job.
Yay

I just turned 26 on Saturday (spent most of the day at Disney, of course)and I am a Kindergarten teacher! :teacher: DF turns 28 next month and we've just started a sales business last month, so that is where all of his work energy is focused right now. Our Disney wedding is exactly 5 months away!!! I can't believe it! We are so excited!

i work in insurance & am a RN student. my hubby works at an animal clinic & is a prevet student.

I am 27 and work at an advertising agency, doing traffic and copy editing (no one ever knows what traffic means; I didn't even know when I first got the job! :rotfl: Basically, I keep everyone on schedule). When I "grow up" though, I'd love to edit fulltime.

My boyfriend is in entertainment: he's a sound/lights technician but right now he's paying his dues at Universal AND Disney, doing lower-level tech stuff until he can move up. The pay sucks, but we get free passes all the time. :banana: He also works at SAK, the improv club where Wayne Brady started (it's their one claim to fame!). That's how we met, actually. I went to the shows all the time and eventually got to chatting up the cute tech boy. :lovestruc

HI everyone!

I am 25 years old and I am a travel planner. I love what I do and I get to work from home which is great for me. Its alot of fun for me. I just started in February and am working very hard to continue learning and to constantly grow and get better. I love being able to be a part of the magic that comes with vacations, etc.

Anyways, I am babbling...it is so nice to see what everyone does for a living. I find it all very fascinating. I'm so glad this thread got started. Thanks!

Have A Magical Day!

Maureen

This seems like an appropriate thread to introduce myself with!

I'm 22 (and hoping to turn 23 in Disneyworld next March!) and I work in advertising operations for Expedia. My boyfriend (we're not engaged yet) is a software developer.

Everyone here has such interesting and diverse occupations!

I'm 24, and had to take off time from school when I was pregnant with Nicholas, who was from my first marriage. So, I haven't quite finished yet. Its much harder to go back that it would've been to finish the first time. I'm a preschool teacher at a Private School. DF is turning 26 and teaches 6th grade Social Studies.

Everyone has such interesting things they do! I love reading about them all. I am 23 and in my 3rd year of dental school at WVU. If anyone knows of somebody that needs dental care near Morgantown, WV please send them our way! We're always looking for patients :thumbsup2 I spend my mornings in class and my afternoons in the clinic working on my patients. Can't wait till next year when I'm in clinic full time.

My DF is 25 and a 3rd year medical student. Right now he's on his surgery rotation so he leaves at 4 AM and doesn't get home till 7 PM :confused3 But Friday he takes his surgery exam and then he gets to go to pediatrics so he'll be on a normal schedule again :woohoo:

Wow, what a diverse group!! ::yes:: I am 30 (and 1/2) and I am currently a substitute custodian filling in for my mother. She had knee replacement surgery... I needed a job and they needed someone to fill it. It's helping to pay for the wedding... and it's only for 7 more weeks. :teeth: After that, I will be a substitute teacher while I go to graduate school to become a school counselor. :thumbsup2

My DF owns his own tree business which helps pay the bills. But his real passion is acting. He's been doing a lot of independent films but recently just got called to be a recurring lead role in a new series. This could be his ticket to bigger and better things!!! :thumbsup2 We are hopeful and very supportive of each other. ::yes::

Only 55 more days until we are husband and wife!!! Woooohoooooo!!!! Oh yea, I go for my dress fitting tomorrow!!! I can't wait!!! :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce:

I am 24 and I work for the state of TX preparing children for Adoption. My FI is 30 and he works for a hospital taking care of their computer databases (among other technical things that I still do not understand!).

Hiya all!

I'm 33 (a breath away from 34) and own my own shop doing embroidery and monogramming (and anything else that needs to be done) in the French Quarter.

DH is 50 and went back to work as a contract and utilities auditor till we get some tourism back down here. He hates being gone all the time (so do I) but it's only temporary!

We're planning our Disney 5 year vow renewel (married 3/17/02 WL Sunrise Terrace). Green beer rocks! :drinking1

Nice to meet ya'll!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter