Disney buying Warner Bros??

Some interesting speculation @ WDW news about Disney being interested in Warner Brothers.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/08/is-disney-looking-to-buy-warner-brothers/

Would the intellectual property be worth the price? Bugs and Mickey, DC Comics and Marvel, Lord of the Rings makes me drool over what Hollywood Studios could become. Not sure if the Harry Potter acquisition clouds the world but it is interesting to think about.

There is actually nothing in the article about Disney being "Interested", just that they could be a good candidate to buy it if they were interested.

There is actually nothing in the article about Disney being "Interested", just that they could be a good candidate to buy it if they were interested.

Great point. I was simply wondering if people thought this was something Disney could or should pursue.

I'd be against it simply because I believe competition is good for the consumer and I'd rather see Disney spend billions on the parks rather than on another studio.

Just for a twist, wouldn't it be nice if they used WB to leverage a deal with Universal and trade them DC for Marvel so they aren't both in the awkward position they are in

Just for a twist, wouldn't it be nice if they used WB to leverage a deal with Universal and trade them DC for Marvel so they aren't both in the awkward position they are in

Six Flags has the DC amusement parks rights I believe.

Wouldn't solve anything.

This would create more awkward situations than it would resolve. For instance, WB is the studio that owns Harry Potter.

I don't believe that Disney buying another major studio would be a good thing for consumers at all, but fortunately I think the odds of Disney buying WB are pretty much nil.

This would create more awkward situations than it would resolve. For instance, WB is the studio that owns Harry Potter.

I don't believe that Disney buying another major studio would be a good thing for consumers at all, but fortunately I think the odds of Disney buying WB are pretty much nil.

I don't think it will happen but if it did I think Unversal would be very upset. Think of all the financial information Disney would get from Universal. Since HP is or will be in all their parks Disney would know everything Universal is doing or planning to do. That alone would be worth millions to Disney.

I don't think it will happen but if it did I think Unversal would be very upset. Think of all the financial information Disney would get from Universal. Since HP is or will be in all their parks Disney would know everything Universal is doing or planning to do. That alone would be worth millions to Disney.

Wouldn't such possibilities lessen the already slim likelihood of the SEC approving the purchase? It would be like buying your competition's suppliers and cutting off their access to raw materials.

The Marvel cinematic brand is lightyears ahead of DC so from a business stand point this would be a terrible idea.

I really hope Disney does not buy Warner Brothers because that would definitely take Disney World out of the Disney experience. :( . Crossing Fingers that never happens because it will just be like Universal Studios which i'm not a fan of. :(

Six Flags has the DC amusement parks rights I believe.

Wouldn't solve anything.

Even if Six Flags didn't have the rights, they would still be in the same position. Everyone would be saying "When is Disney going to get the DC rights back from Universal and build a Batman ride at Hollywood Studios?"

Everybody here is completely wrong. They are buying WB but it is so they have control over the Animaniacs, it will be the new character meal at DTD.

Everybody here is completely wrong. They are buying WB but it is so they have control over the Animaniacs, it will be the new character meal at DTD.

That's almost as brilliant as their $8 billion purchase of Lucas & Marvel just to get Howard the Duck.

I really hope Disney does not buy Warner Brothers because that would definitely take Disney World out of the Disney experience. :( . Crossing Fingers that never happens because it will just be like Universal Studios which i'm not a fan of. :(

How so?

The Marvel cinematic brand is lightyears ahead of DC so from a business stand point this would be a terrible idea.

While it is true that Marvel is making more at the movies right now than DC - it is because Disney has made a HUGE investment into making that happen. DC has much more to work with that does Marvel. Both Batman and Superman are better known than any Marvel character. Prolly Wonder Woman too...

If Disney had DC instead of Marvel, then DC would be having the successful run...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter