Disney cancelled mystic mountain excursion for our March cruise

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
Disney just emailed and cancelled our mystic mountain excursion the week of our March 25 fantasy cruise.
The emailed cited reduction in inventory so now we are scrambling seven days from leaving to find new excursion.

Disney just emailed and cancelled our mystic mountain excursion the week of our March 25 fantasy cruise.
The emailed cited reduction in inventory so now we are scrambling seven days from leaving to find new excursion.
We had that happen last year for our Alaska cruise, although we had a several weeks warning, and then it turned out they brought the inventory back. It was very frustrating. And then we got on the ship and found out that our other excursion was canceled due to storm damage. 🤷‍♀️

That's disappointing for sure! Which port adventure did you have booked?

That’s a tour operator problem. Probably one of their bus broke down or they lost a driver. Or the park isn’t staffed at capacity so they can only handle a certain number of visitors. The cruise lines have very little control over those types of problems.

Disney doesn't want to have to cancel excursions and make people unhappy. It probably is something they can't control. While frustrating, I am sure you can find another excursion either before the cruise or once onboard.

We were recently on the Fantasy and before we left a few in the group really wanted the fishing excursion on CC. It was unavailable before the cruise and we put names on a waitlist once onboard and we never got it but, it was OK, we did other stuff.

MJ

Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully you can find a replacement.

That happened to us on board once, with our Grand Cayman beach excursion. As luck would have it, it happened while sitting at the bar chatting with a guy next to us. He then told us about the beach he and his family were planning to go to, even texted his wife to get the details. We ended up doing that and had a great time. :)

just take a taxi over .... it is not far ... you can see the ship from the top of the mt. It will cost you LESS and you can stay as long as you want rather then be time bound by the excursion ..... DITTO for going to Dunn's River.

just take a taxi over .... it is not far ... you can see the ship from the top of the mt. It will cost you LESS and you can stay as long as you want rather then be time bound by the excursion ..... DITTO for going to Dunn's River.
I don’t think this is correct. The old cruise terminal is close to these places, but Falmouth (where Disney docks) is at least an hour away from Mystic Mountain and Dunn’s River. And FWIW, I would never jump in a random taxi in Jamaica. (Cozumel and Grand Cayman, absolutely. Jamaica, no way.)

if talking fal' you are correct ... my bad

however I've used taxi all over JM with zero problems

even went from Kingston to Port Antonio departing at 8pm and arrived LATE .... no issues at all. check it out on a map .... up and over the mountains. And other times during 'normal hours'

1679139270783.png

Last edited:
Sorry but this is incorrect. We just did the Mystic Miuntain bobsled and zip line tour 2 weeks ago. While fun, there was a lot of waiting and the bus ride was 75 mins+ both directions. Is it beside Dunn’s River Falls so that is also a long bus ride from Falmouth.

I learned to check the distance from pirt after this experience.

Sorry but this is incorrect. We just did the Mystic Miuntain bobsled and zip line tour 2 weeks ago. While fun, there was a lot of waiting and the bus ride was 75 mins+ both directions. Is it beside Dunn’s River Falls so that is also a long bus ride from Falmouth.

I learned to check the distance from pirt after this experience.
We rebooked direct and bought the same mystic mountain all access pass. We arranged private trans for $160 round trip. Overall it is costing us about $50 more to do private versus with Disney. But it’s what we want to do. Last year we couldn’t port because of waves and missed this same excursion.

We have done ocho rios twice so we are aware of the 75 min drive both directions.

Also I don’t think this is overbooked or a waitlist thing. We are platinum and booked this at 120 days out so right away. Guessing this is a bus or vendor issue.

We enjoyed our excursion and honestly think some of our waits just happened to be poor timing. Once we arrived at the top of the chairlift, our wait for bobsled was 60 minutes. I noticed when we got off the line was almost non-existent so those arriving then would wait much less.

Zip line waits were just the norm as our group was about 20 people.

Still a fun excursion and we’re glad we did it but don’t need to do it a second time.

An all access pass sounds great!! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter