Disney changed our FP+....Interesting.

Nope, no extra FP :/ unfortunately I’m going to probably have to cancel it because the new time really doesn’t work for me.

If you can’t find an FP at a better time and this was an attraction you are looking forward to, I would call Guest Services to see if there is something they can do. Who knows, maybe they have some “wiggle room” in issuing FPs in a time that is more convenient. I mean, I have to believe they do with the way they hand out “any time” FPs for Guest recovery.

Ugh. I had a 10:10 KRR on 11/26. They moved it to 1:15. That was the next time I had available, as I had scheduled an 11:15 and 12:15. I was trying to prevent walking back and forth around AK. I got the email yesterday about the change, but didn't get any extra FP like some people have mentioned.

There has been an unexpected change in the operating schedule of an attraction or show during your upcoming Walt Disney World® visit. Your FastPass+ selection for Kali River Rapids from 10:10 AM to 11:10 AM on 11/26/2018 is no longer available.

As a replacement, a new selection was made for Kali River Rapids from 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM on 11/26/2018.

Could be but
Ugh. I had a 10:10 KRR on 11/26. They moved it to 1:15. That was the next time I had available, as I had scheduled an 11:15 and 12:15. I was trying to prevent walking back and forth around AK. I got the email yesterday about the change, but didn't get any extra FP like some people have mentioned.

There has been an unexpected change in the operating schedule of an attraction or show during your upcoming Walt Disney World® visit. Your FastPass+ selection for Kali River Rapids from 10:10 AM to 11:10 AM on 11/26/2018 is no longer available.

As a replacement, a new selection was made for Kali River Rapids from 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM on 11/26/2018.
Interesting...we had KRR was at 10:30 on 11/26 and it was shifted to 10:40. Your's went from 10:10 to 1:15. Very weird.

Ours is such a small change that it doesn't affect our plans but that large of shift would cause us to have to re-evaluate our plans for the day.

It makes me wonder whats going on with KRR.

Mike

Could be but

Interesting...we had KRR was at 10:30 on 11/26 and it was shifted to 10:40. Your's went from 10:10 to 1:15. Very weird.

Ours is such a small change that it doesn't affect our plans but that large of shift would cause us to have to re-evaluate our plans for the day.

It makes me wonder whats going on with KRR.

Mike
The timing of the FPs is likely just due to the other FPs you have scheduled. It sounds like the previous poster had back to back FPs at 10:15, 11:15, and 12:15, so shifting the 10:15 one by 10 minutes would have caused an overlap of the fastpass windows. I'm assuming that you didn't have one set for immediately after the 10:30-11:30, so it allowed for the small shift in times. No idea what could be causing it though other than hours changing.

Ours was changed for 10/20 too. Moved from 9-10 to 2:20-3:20. Not a great fit but it might work. It is weird they are switching all the pad times around.

The timing of the FPs is likely just due to the other FPs you have scheduled. It sounds like the previous poster had back to back FPs at 10:15, 11:15, and 12:15, so shifting the 10:15 one by 10 minutes would have caused an overlap of the fastpass windows. I'm assuming that you didn't have one set for immediately after the 10:30-11:30, so it allowed for the small shift in times. No idea what could be causing it though other than hours changing.
That's the only possibility I can think of too.

Although, we do have a FP for Festival of The Lion King at 11:30 which is technically an overlap.

Mike

What time were your FP's for originally? I have a theory. I have looked at posted park hours for mid Oct to first week Dec and they have not changed. I then looked at the hours posted for Kali and Kilimanjaro. Kali seems to run 9:30-7:30 when the park is open 9:00-8:00. Kilimanjaro is 9:00-7:45 in Oct then 9:00-7:30 and then finally in late Nov 9:00-6:15 with park hours of 9:00-8:00. It seems that Disney is reducing the hours of these rides. It could also affect other rides in Animal Kingdom since I noticed Dinosaur doesn't start till 9:30 on 11/26 which is the day we will be there. I don't know if this is a cost savings measure or for some other reason. This is only a theory so take it for what it is worth.

They have adjusted Kali's hours in the past due to it being a water ride, generally reducing the schedule. I want to say I have even seen operating hours for Splash adjusted due to the being colder, but it's hard to tell if Splash goes down for weather or maintenance. I have always seen Kilimanjaro with adjusted schedules based on the available daytime in the winter months.

Dinosaur is just odd to see a delayed start though.

They have adjusted Kali's hours in the past due to it being a water ride, generally reducing the schedule. I want to say I have even seen operating hours for Splash adjusted due to the being colder, but it's hard to tell if Splash goes down for weather or maintenance. I have always seen Kilimanjaro with adjusted schedules based on the available daytime in the winter months.

Dinosaur is just odd to see a delayed start though.
I don't know about that. I hope others who have experienced this in previous years post an answer. Disney knows when the seasons and sunset are well in advance so why allow people to make FP's at 60 days out and then change ride hours? That is the part that doesn't make sense to me. I think this is another cost saving measure. Lower ride times means lower costs.

I had an evening safari fp and got the email yesterday telling me it changed to 1:55. Not an awful change, I’ll just have to do a little back and forth but not across the park or anything.

Nope, no extra FP :/ unfortunately I’m going to probably have to cancel it because the new time really doesn’t work for me.

I had an evening safari fp and got the email yesterday telling me it changed to 1:55. Not an awful change, I’ll just have to do a little back and forth but not across the park or anything.

You guys should really contact guest relations. They can give you an anytime FP for a particular ride, so you can use it whenever that day. If it happened to me, that’s what I would do. If they didn’t help via phone I’d stop at GR at the park that day and they’d likely help as long as you are polite.

I got an email from Disney at 1:31am last night. They had to change my Dinosaur selection on 11/23/18.

I had a 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm

I now have a 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm

Seems odd to me. Anyone have an idea on why this has happened? It's not going to cause a problem. It just doesn't make sense.

:confused3

Happened to us too, this morning. The first message said we changed from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm, then a message said it changed from Dinosaur to Primeval Whirl. Pretty upset about it to be honest. Last time we went, Dinosaur was closed and I'm afraid that's going to happen again.

Edit: I'm an idiot. They moved Dinosaur to noon and gave us an extra one of Primeval Whirl. I guess early morning me needs to read more before getting upset.

I got an email from Disney at 1:31am last night. They had to change my Dinosaur selection on 11/23/18.

I had a 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm

I now have a 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm

Seems odd to me. Anyone have an idea on why this has happened? It's not going to cause a problem. It just doesn't make sense.

:confused3

Could just be park closing. They want to get everyone in and through the ride as close to 8:00 as possible.

Happened to us too, this morning. The first message said we changed from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm, then a message said it changed from Dinosaur to Primeval Whirl. Pretty upset about it to be honest. Last time we went, Dinosaur was closed and I'm afraid that's going to happen again.

Edit: I'm an idiot. They moved Dinosaur to noon and gave us an extra one of Primeval Whirl. I guess early morning me needs to read more before getting upset.

Nice Edit. lol

I did not get an extra FP. And my window is now only 30 min not the normal 60 min. Like I said, seems odd.

Could just be park closing. They want to get everyone in and through the ride as close to 8:00 as possible.

You may be correct. It would have been better if they would have made it 6:30 to 7:30. My other FPs are earlier in the day so there was not an issue with over lapping times. Just seems odd to give me a 30 min window.

My Dinosaur FP for 11/6 was changed today as well. Went from 9:20-10:20 to early afternoon after our other two FPs. We didn't get an additional FP though.

Our Dinosaur FP for 11/22 was changed from 10 am to 1 pm, which really doesn't work for us and there are no other FP at 10 any more that we want because they're picked over now. I sent off an email to Guest Services, but I don't expect much of a response. I find this whole thing really odd.

Here is what I think is happening. Sorry but this will be a long post. I now notice people posting about Dinosaur also being changed. So it seems people have had FP's changed for three rides at AK; Kali, Kilimanjaro, and Dinosaur. The park hours are still posted for 9am-8pm except on days they have EMH at 8am-9am. All of these FP's have been changed between Oct and the beginning of Dec. When you look at MDE under each of these attractions you will see that the times have changed. None of these rides are open for the full park hours. Dinosaur starting Oct 14 is cut to 9:30am-7:30pm except during EMH when it opens at 9am. Kali starting Oct 14 is cut to 9:30am-7:30pm through the end of Dec. Kilimanjaro has a more complicated schedule. Starting Oct 14 it runs 9am-7:45pm then starting 10/28 it changes to 9am-7-30pm, then 11/4 9am-6:30pm, then 11/25 9am - 6:15pm, then 12/31 on to Jan 9am to 6:30pm.

Now for my thoughts. This was suspiciously rolled out just before and after they announced that Raifiki's planet watch isn't closing permanently but reopening next year. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so. If this is due to the season or daylight hours it would have been done before we all made our FP's. For some of the rides it was changed before that time. We tried to make a late day FP for Kilimanjaro but the latest time available was 5pm. That would work for a 6:15 closing. So they knew before we did our FP's at the end of Sept that Kilimanjaro was closing early which tracks with the time line because it seems to be people in Oct who have had those FP's moved. The other rides hours were changed more recently which is why we all got emails in the last several days changing our times. There are also no FP's for any of these rides on our date of 11/26. I did not check other dates but I would bet you will find similar situations because they just had to move everyone that had FP's for these three rides to the limited hours that are left.

I think this is just another cost saving measure. Plain and simple. If you cut the ride hours you cut CM's hours and wear and tear on the ride. For those wondering why these rides this is what I think. Everest, FOP and Navi are too popular to cut hours on and Primeval Whirl and Triceratops Spin don't take as many CM's to run them or have long waits. You can take this for what it is worth but I think it makes sense. Disney knows way in advance what it is doing. Usually when you have a FP changed it is because a ride is down which happens when you are in the park. So far I have not seen anyone post in this thread that this kind of thing has happened before or that it is happening in any park other than AK.

Just my speculation FWIW.

Interesting.... we had FP booked for dinosaur on 4th Nov at 6:30 and they have moved it today back to 3:30 which dies t for with our plans :( I would at least like some explanation but sounds like we’re not the only ones being moved around....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter