Disney Channel Games 2008???

I just got my confirmation e-mail. I e-mailed the person in charge from the AP holder site yesterday. Requested 3 tickets and this morning I got confirmation for the concert on may 3rd. It says you can pick up the tickets from April 26th to 30th and there will be more info in the tickets package.
My kids are thrilled.
A question for anyone who went last year. To go see the tapings of the games you just show up that morning? or do you need tickets?
Thanks.

I got tickets confirmend today too I am soooooooo EXCITED!!!!! and can't wait to go!!!!!!!!! but does anyone know about what time in the day the games are filmed rather than the concert?

Also if you have a seat for the concert rather than on the field how far away are you is it still a decent view?????

Just found this board, WOW!!!

I have four daughters (ages 7, 6, and twins 2.) We will be there on May 3rd and I was thinking of going to this concert. Should I jsut take the older two and leave the twins back at the room with my mom? Any info or advice is welcome!

Thanks a bunch :)

mom and princesses

I think leaving the twins would be a much better idea... it is a disney channel concert but it will still be like a normal concert with people pushin and screaming and getting lost in the crowd...

I just got my confirmation e-mail. I e-mailed the person in charge from the AP holder site yesterday. Requested 3 tickets and this morning I got confirmation for the concert on may 3rd. It says you can pick up the tickets from April 26th to 30th and there will be more info in the tickets package.
My kids are thrilled.
A question for anyone who went last year. To go see the tapings of the games you just show up that morning? or do you need tickets?
Thanks.
Yes,it was on a "come and go as you please" basis last year for the daily tapings.No ticket was required.The tapings basically lasted most of the morning/afternoon period,so basically you could spend all day at Champion Stadium if you wanted to.The concessions stands and merchandise shop was open as well as The All-Star Cafe right across from Champion Stadium.I cannot stress enough that there is A LOT of downtime!:) ,but it was a really fun atmosphere.:)

I attended the concert last year with my girls (including my 1 year old) and it was a very controlled environment - no pushing at all. The stadium is fairely small, so you will have good seats wherevery you are. If you have a seat ticket, you will be able to see just fine. There is also a seating area (that is not covered), where you can sit and rest if you have a field ticket. It's not a bad deal.

Remember to bring your autograph books and sharpies with you. They sell autograph books there for about $15.

I got tickets confirmend today too I am soooooooo EXCITED!!!!! and can't wait to go!!!!!!!!! but does anyone know about what time in the day the games are filmed rather than the concert?

Also if you have a seat for the concert rather than on the field how far away are you is it still a decent view?????
Last year the daily tapings lasted through most of the morning/afternoon hours.For the seats,you may want to bring some binoculars if you really want to zoom in on the artists.Champion Stadium is a baseball stadium where the Atlanta Braves hold their Spring Training.Last year the stage was set up at the beginning of the outfield facing the stands,so that should give you some ides of the distance.:)

I just wanted to stress to everyone that did not attend the DCG Concert last year-IT IS ALSO A TELEVISION TAPING!The artists last year only sang a few songs each.There is A LOT of downtime.:)It is NOT a regular concert experience.I just don't want anyone's expectations for the Concert to be too high and then come away disappointed.:)It is still a lot of fun-they even had a Disney-quality fireworks show at the end of the taping.:)

I just wanted to stress to everyone that did not attend the DCG Concert last year-IT IS ALSO A TELEVISION TAPING!The artists last year only sang a few songs each.There is A LOT of downtime.:)It is NOT a regular concert experience.I just don't want anyone's expectations for the Concert to be too high and then come away disappointed.:)It is still a lot of fun-they even had a Disney-quality fireworks show at the end of the taping.:)

Thanks so much for all your info. We went to the christmas parade taping last year and I KNOW what you mean when you say DOWN TIME. The kids still had fun with the whole process. And I already explained the same thing for the concert. My daughter is a huge Cheetah girls fan so she doesn't mind how many songs they sing.

So do passholders get early access to tickets?

and does each person wanting to go need a pass or just one person that is requesting them? I'm trying to order annual passes online just to get early confirmation but there's issues with the purchasing site. I keep putting tickets in my cart, but when I go to check out, it's empty.

As an FYI for those interested in the tickets...I just got my confirm from my annual passholder request. You have to pick up the tickets between April 26th and April 30th. If you don't pick them up by 6 pm on the 30th they will go to someone on the waiting list.

Also, my confirm says that you have to bring the confirm letter AND a form of ID showing your name when you pick up the tickets.

Got our confirmation yesterday too. Does anyone know who will be there and what games will be payed on the different days? Is there a schedule out there yet of listed attendees and the games?

fg
j3

how do you get tickets if your not a passholder. What are my chances of meeting someone participating in the games?

you said to go to the games it was free, do you need any tickets to just attend the games and not the concert?

For the concert does anyone know what is a better idea to have a seat or be on the field, are you extremely far away if you have a seat???

As an FYI for those interested in the tickets...I just got my confirm from my annual passholder request. You have to pick up the tickets between April 26th and April 30th. If you don't pick them up by 6 pm on the 30th they will go to someone on the waiting list.

Also, my confirm says that you have to bring the confirm letter AND a form of ID showing your name when you pick up the tickets.
I also received confirmation,but for some reason my adobe reader will not open the attachment.Was there any other information in the attachment I should be aware of?Thanks.:)

About how many people are there in the audience for the concert part...?

So do passholders get early access to tickets?

and does each person wanting to go need a pass or just one person that is requesting them? I'm trying to order annual passes online just to get early confirmation but there's issues with the purchasing site. I keep putting tickets in my cart, but when I go to check out, it's empty.
Yes.Passholders can request tickets now.Ticket requests from the General Public will be accepted beginning March 25.A Passholder can request up to 6 tickets,but only 6 tickets per household.:)I don't know how many tickets have been set aside for Passholders,but I would think the vast majority of tickets are for the General Public.:)

Got our confirmation yesterday too. Does anyone know who will be there and what games will be payed on the different days? Is there a schedule out there yet of listed attendees and the games?
No schedule or Stars list has been released.The only Stars announced are the performers at the DCG Concert-The Cheetah Girls(Adrienne Bailon,Kiely Williams,Sabrina Bryan)(Raven was not with them last year)and Jonas Brothers(Nick,Kevin,Joe).Also,Selena Gomez has posted on her MySpace page that she will be participating.:)

does anyone know the real day the taping starts for the games? is it April 28th or 29th? because a lot of places have been saying the 28th but on disneychannel.com it says the 29th. if anyone knows the real date i would REALLY appreciate it =]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter