Disney Character Meet & Greets

Dream.Finder

Creative Consultant at The Disney Store (West Edm
I am just wondering what characters fellow DISers have seen around the Disneyland Resort lately (both parks)? I am hoping to meet some of the rarer characters at some point during our week vacation from August 12th - 16th. I really would like to meet Marry Poppins, Bert, Lady Tremaine and the Ugly Stepsisters. Are they out often and if so, where? Not including parade or show apperances, of course! What kind of characters are on usual rotation at Goofy's Kitchen and the Plaza Inn Breakfast? I am doing both of those! Can anybody post estimated locations, days of the week and times of day where characters can be found? What characters usually appear in Town Square in the morning? Or do they even do that? I am taking my partner to Disneyland for the first time and I want us to be able to see some of the cool/rare and funny characters! Other than the big cheese himself, of course. ::MickeyMo

In DCA in the morning there was Donald, Duffy, Buzz. I don't remember seeing many in DL except when I first walked in one morning a few princesses were out. Granted I wasn't looking hard and the crowds were bad so I probably missed a few. This was 2 weeks ago.

At Goofy's for dinner Mulan, Alice, Chip, Dale and Pluto made the rounds and of course Goofy when you walk in.

At Goofy's for dinner Mulan, Alice, Chip, Dale and Pluto made the rounds and of course Goofy when you walk in.

I always thought Pluto was assigned to the photo opp at the front counter... every single time we've eaten at Goofy's Kitchen (always brunch), we've had Pluto up front and I've always said to the rest of my party that it would make more sense to be fixed with Goofy as he is supposed to be the chef, which would be the one to welcome you into his establishment (considering he isn't actually COOKING the food)!! :rotfl:

I thought Pluto was assigned to the photo opp. at the front counter? We have always had Pluto and I always said it would make more sense if it was fixed with Goofy as he is supposed to be the chef, which would be the one to welcome you into his establishment (considering he isn't actually COOKING the food)!! :rotfl:

When I went Pluto was not at the front desk, Goofy was. It took awhile for Pluto to make the rounds and it's possible he was on a break but from my understanding it's always Goofy at the front. (it was our first time so don't hold me to that!)

Hmm. I've heard that Bert hangs around Fantasyland occasionally, sometimes with Mary. I've also heard that they both meet outside the Jolly Holiday Bakery more regularly. And also, is it true that Lady Tremaine doesn't visit guests unless it is during Mickey's Halloween Party? What about the sisters? Same deal? That's such a shame, if it is true. :sad2:

Oh you just reminded me I did see Mary and Bert near the bakery in DL. I just reread and you mentioned you had Pluto at brunch, maybe it's different at dinner then. I went for dinner.

I hope someone else can help you with Lady Tremaine.

I just reread and you mentioned you had Pluto at brunch, maybe it's different at dinner then. I went for dinner.

This is what I am thinking as well! It would make a total sense. Perhaps they take rotations to allow a change in pace and/or a break for the performers. Potentially... it is also to change things up a bit so guests can pick and choose wether they want Pluto in the morning or Goofy at night. That is, if the average guests are even aware of that occurance. ;)

I'm pretty sure Goofy and Pluto rotate at GK checkin photo throughout the day.

I've not seen Lady Tremaine or the stepsisters out (other than parade). I have seen Cruella (DL town square in late morning and late evening), Queen of hearts (by Mr Lincoln around midday) pinocchio and Gepetto (by mr Lincoln, afternoon)

Those were the more 'unusual' ones I've seen. I've also seen all of the fab 5, some princesses etc in various parts of the parks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have seen Cruella (DL town square in late morning and late evening)

I most-certainly will be sure to keep my eyes peeled for Ms. De Vil while on we're at the park! She's fantastic! I've only met with her once before when I was much younger.

Check out dancing with Disney in DCA for more unusual characters. Your kids can dance with them too.

The Fairy Godmother and Evil Queen can sometimes be found over by Snow White's Wishing Well next to the castle. In June I saw a big crowd of people gathered around the Tremayne sisters over by Fantasy Faire. The highlight came when a guest told the Fairy Godmother to go help them out and she quietly said something (completely in character) about all the magic in the world not being enough to help them.

I'm pretty sure Goofy and Pluto rotate at GK checkin photo throughout the day.

I've not seen Lady Tremaine or the stepsisters out (other than parade). I have seen Cruella (DL town square in late morning and late evening), Queen of hearts (by Mr Lincoln around midday) pinocchio and Gepetto (by mr Lincoln, afternoon)

Those were the more 'unusual' ones I've seen. I've also seen all of the fab 5, some princesses etc in various parts of the parks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That.

We saw Mary Poppins & Bert at Coke Corner in the afternoon.

Watching the Mad Hatter lead his own unique version of musical chairs over at Coke Corner is a wildly funny experience, even if the Mad Hatter decides that you need to join the ranks of the contestants and then arbitrarily eliminates you from the final because chivalry is on life support.

It's also fun if you don't get to play.

The great thing about Disneyland is that characters come and go all the time everywhere.

Peter Pan for example is known to be wandering around Fantasyland...not in a specific spot.

Cruela makes an appearance with the band that plays in front of the firehouse (Goofy and Chip n Dale also make appearances). However, I've also seen her meeting guests right inside the gates to DL with Malificent. Malificent herself has also been seen near Snow White's Wishing Well to the right of the castle.

The White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts make appearances in Town Square at times.

I've seen Mary Poppins and Bert with the Pearly Band by the castle.

At Goofy's Kitchen I've seen Baloo, Mulan, Chip, Dale, Rafiki, Pluto, Cinderella and one of her mice and other that I can't recall.

At Plaza Inn I've seen Minnie, Captain Hook, the Fairy Godmother, Chip n Dale, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, Max (Goofy's nephew) along others.

Keep your eyes open because you never know who you might see :)

Mary and Bert also appear in town square. They are one of my favorites to interact with.

Check with the cms working with the characters, they are usually able to let you know if a certain character will be out later.

No, the previous poster hasn't seen Malificent by the Wishing Well.

That was undoubtedly the Evil Queen.

I most-certainly will be sure to keep my eyes peeled for Ms. De Vil while on we're at the park! She's fantastic! I've only met with her once before when I was much younger.

I have also seen the "102 Dalmatians" version of Cruella over in the Hollywood Land section of DCA. This was a few years ago and I'm not sure if that changed when they did the remodel.

Maybe someone else can confirm or deny any recent spottings.

The Fairy Godmother and Evil Queen can sometimes be found over by Snow White's Wishing Well next to the castle. In June I saw a big crowd of people gathered around the Tremayne sisters over by Fantasy Faire. The highlight came when a guest told the Fairy Godmother to go help them out and she quietly said something (completely in character) about all the magic in the world not being enough to help them.

We've also seen the FG at Goofy's for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter