Disney Chase Points Question

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
So I have a question that I am sure has been asked a million different ways on here but I can't seem to find an answer.

I am embarking on a major home renovation. I plan on purchasing items using my credit card then immediately paying off the balance (like 10 minutes after purchase). Would I still receive the the Disney Rewards Points. OR does the balance have to remain on the card for a set amount of time before the points are established.

Thanks!

I'm not sure you can pay it off ten minutes later. Many of my charges show pending for a day or more. And I may be wrong but I think you can only make so many payments in a month? I always pay my balance in full but usually only pay it once or twice per month.

I generally make my payment the next day, but I make 2-4 payments a week on my card. I do better that way instead of saving them all up to make 1-2 payments a month. I get all my points!

Thanks all! I should have mentioned that I'd be paying from my Bank of America account so it will take a day or more to transfer from BofA to Chase so more than likely the purchase will clear before the money arrives to pay it off. Thank you!

You will earn the Reward Points on all purchases, however the Reward Points won't be available until your statement date no matter how often you pay the balance.

IF... you happen to be carrying a balance for a vacation (the 0% financing offer), be aware that any additional payments made during the month will be applied to the promotional balance first and not the recent purchase.

Good luck with your reno!

Realize that businesses pay transaction fees. Smart businesses will gladly give you a discount paying cash and if it's through a contractor, you can buy items without paying sales tax. Also, Lowes has the 5% card and Home Depot price matches that 5% when you carry their card.

I charge almost everything. As soon as the charge is posted, I make a payment. If I have a few minor things, I might make a payment every few days. I definitely make at least one payment once a week with Chase. There are also times that I go to the bank to make a payment. Before the payment posts, I will make a payment again on-line - I do this because I have current/more charges pending and the payment online will go through since the one from the bank has not posted yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter