• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Get better soon. Love your reports but really??? can everything be "the best" "amazing" etc.?
Something has to be a little off. Nothing is perfect.
I understand that in your world, life is perfect, but just wait, Reality will set in.:wave2:
Denise

This is probably the RUDEST response I have ever read on a trip report.

Everyone is entitled to how they feel, that includes Jess and even you. However, there are some thoughts that should just remain in your head. Otherwise you are just :stir:. If you even read the last few updates, obviously everything in Jess's life is not "the best" or "amazing" because she shared some very personal and upsetting information that she did not have to share with us because it's really none of our business.

If reading about Jess's happiness bothers you so much, here's an idea, don't read. :confused3

Hi Jess,

I totally agree with everyone here.....unfortunately you will come across Jealous people who want to bring you down. I for one feel like I know you and really want the best for you. You seem like a wonderful person that is living her dream life. I applaud you for following your dreams and for taking us along for the ride! Don't let others drag you down!!! Enjoy your life and be happy after all you are in the happiest place on earth!!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've been lurking and LOVING your trip report. If only I could go back 25 years... seriously... I envy you and admire the way you are taking on life with gusto!!!

Please don't pay attention to rude comments from those who are just jealous of your positive outlook on life and the beautiful smile you always wear no matter what.

When I'm having a bad day, I can check in on your trip report and you lift my spirits!! Keep it up Jess!! Great job :thumbsup2

Hey Jess I was following you on twitter and something happened now I am blocked. Can I be unblocked? @windstarjes

The same happened to me and a few others :-( Unfortunately it's just a glitch on Twitter, there's nothing Jess can do I'm afraid as she hasn't physically blocked you. Guess the only thing you could do is to create a new twitter account! :-( x

I've been lurking and LOVING your trip report. If only I could go back 25 years... seriously... I envy you and admire the way you are taking on life with gusto!!!

Please don't pay attention to rude comments from those who are just jealous of your positive outlook on life and the beautiful smile you always wear no matter what.

When I'm having a bad day, I can check in on your trip report and you lift my spirits!! Keep it up Jess!! Great job :thumbsup2

Ditto! :-) xx

Hi, Jess,

I'm a longtime lurker (I've read all the Frump TR's, and everything!), but I've never posted before! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love this report! I am from the West, and have only been to WDW one time (on my 40th birthday, to run the half marathon!), but have been to DL countless times! I wanted to let you know that the reason that I love your trip reports (and the other Frump's, as well), is that you show a boundless love and enthusiasm for Disney! It makes me feel like a kid again, and I get to live vicariously through you, and the others.

In this world, we have enough seriousness and sadness. It makes a difference to know that I can come here and read about your adventures, and know that there are still places in the world that are beautiful and fun, and to know that there are still people who can see that beauty!

I will continue to follow you, because I value those qualities and want my children to value them, as well! Thank you for taking the time to chronicle your daily stuff. Even the most boring stuff is amazing when reading about it taking place in WDW! Keep it up! Ignore the nay-sayers, and know that you have a loyal following that loves you and supports you, all the way!

I know that you have had some really low moments, but I keep thinking how wonderful it is that you are surrounded by such good friends! Lean on them, and let them help you!

I'm sending prayers and pixie dust for a quick recovery. Wish I could do more for you, after all you have done for me and my family! Hang in there!

Hi, Jess,

I'm a longtime lurker (I've read all the Frump TR's, and everything!), but I've never posted before! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love this report! I am from the West, and have only been to WDW one time (on my 40th birthday, to run the half marathon!), but have been to DL countless times! I wanted to let you know that the reason that I love your trip reports (and the other Frump's, as well), is that you show a boundless love and enthusiasm for Disney! It makes me feel like a kid again, and I get to live vicariously through you, and the others.

In this world, we have enough seriousness and sadness. It makes a difference to know that I can come here and read about your adventures, and know that there are still places in the world that are beautiful and fun, and to know that there are still people who can see that beauty!

I will continue to follow you, because I value those qualities and want my children to value them, as well! Thank you for taking the time to chronicle your daily stuff. Even the most boring stuff is amazing when reading about it taking place in WDW! Keep it up! Ignore the nay-sayers, and know that you have a loyal following that loves you and supports you, all the way!

I know that you have had some really low moments, but I keep thinking how wonderful it is that you are surrounded by such good friends! Lean on them, and let them help you!

I'm sending prayers and pixie dust for a quick recovery. Wish I could do more for you, after all you have done for me and my family! Hang in there!

Well written :)

Hey Jess,

I am so sorry to hear that you are sick,:sick: that just sounds awful. I caught bronchitis during my CP (yeah a JC Skipper, imagine that with a squeaky voice, bwahaha), and totally know what you are going through in not wanting a point on your record, wanting to be at work, etc. :( Hope you feel better real soon, take care of yourself! I enjoy ready your TR when I can, it takes me back in so many ways (the good and the not so good).

I LOVE that you are trying all sorts of foods, I should have done that more! My daily routine centered around the Taco Bell drive-thru on the way into work, and maybe those delicious lemon creme cookies in the MK CP snack area - oh, those were just delicious.:worship:

Can't tell you how much I can relate to what you are going through, in MANY ways both good and not so good, and that was more than 15 years ago. :faint: I hope you continue to soak it all in and enjoy - even those late night shifts (those are the best)! :rotfl:

I told DD17 about Jess and her infectious positive attitude, and DD told me, "You should read her report whenever you're in a bad mood." And that's just what I do.

I'd like to add that in fact Jess does not always say everything is amazing and perfect. If she doesn't enjoy a meal, for example, she says so. But her positive outlook allows her to enjoy almost everything. We should all give that a try. Some of us might get better value from our vacations, and from life, if we don't go looking for things to gripe about.

This is probably the RUDEST response I have ever read on a trip report.

Everyone is entitled to how they feel, that includes Jess and even you. However, there are some thoughts that should just remain in your head. Otherwise you are just :stir:. If you even read the last few updates, obviously everything in Jess's life is not "the best" or "amazing" because she shared some very personal and upsetting information that she did not have to share with us because it's really none of our business.

If reading about Jess's happiness bothers you so much, here's an idea, don't read. :confused3

Thank you for addressing this! And agreed!

Hope you're feeling better! I understand the feeling of being alone- I've lived in Orlando for almost 4 years, and I still call my mom when I'm not feeling well

Get better soon. Love your reports but really??? can everything be "the best" "amazing" etc.?
Something has to be a little off. Nothing is perfect.
I understand that in your world, life is perfect, but just wait, Reality will set in.:wave2:
Denise

This actually makes me incredibly sad. Have you never heard someone say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? this is uncalled for. clearly the DCP is a dream come true for Jess & she is sharing her experience with us. not everything is perfect, she stated a few updates ago that she was having a rough time with things. you need to slow your roll & don't say things that bring people down. just because she is having a good time in DISNEY WORLD (clearly she will have an amazing time there) doesn't mean that reality hasn't set in? reality is often harsh yes, but that doesn't mean that living out her dream isn't reality? she worked hard for this & of course she's going to take all the fun she can while she's there, who wouldn't?
I just found this pretty rude & had to state my peace.

This actually makes me incredibly sad. Have you never heard someone say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all? this is uncalled for. clearly the DCP is a dream come true for Jess & she is sharing her experience with us. not everything is perfect, she stated a few updates ago that she was having a rough time with things. you need to slow your roll & don't say things that bring people down. just because she is having a good time in DISNEY WORLD (clearly she will have an amazing time there) doesn't mean that reality hasn't set in? reality is often harsh yes, but that doesn't mean that living out her dream isn't reality? she worked hard for this & of course she's going to take all the fun she can while she's there, who wouldn't?
I just found this pretty rude & had to state my peace.

I completely agree!

Jess, it is obvious that you are amazing and well loved. I appreciate your positive but realistic look at life. I am always telling my family about your trip report. I was just telling my daughter how sometimes a negative can turn into a huge positive. Someone left a negative comment and it was followed by pages of praise, even brought out a few more lurkers to make first post on this historic thread. If you are still feeling yucky, reading how much joy you bring to others should help put a smile on your face. :)
Have a blessed and magical day!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Jess!

I'm a first-time poster, but long-time reader and I just love your trip reports.:lovestruc

Your positive attitude is infectious and I am always anxious to see what you'll be reporting next. Please don't ever let the negative thoughts of others get you down or have you doubt your dreams. I think that it's amazing that you are living your dream right now and everyone your age (or any age really) should be so lucky!

I'm so sorry you're sick while away from home. That's the worst! Sending healing thoughts your way. Keep living your dreams and being the wonderful, positive person that you seem to be. Thanks for making my days a little brighter with your trip reports. :)

Hi Jess! So sorry to hear that you've been sick...I hope you are on the mend! Take care- and of course you have the Frump reunion coming up, which is the best medicine there is!!

That Hilton Head pin is so cute!

That HM blanket is AMAZING. OMG I love it!

I have been thinking about changing some ADRs around for my August trip and I think Tusker House is going to be added. Thank you for helping me make my decision :-)

I saw on Twitter that you are starting to feel better so YAY! I’m so glad.

And I am sorry people are leaving you rude comments. I have gotten some on my TR and it stinks. I don’t understand why people would do that, especially to you. You are living your dream and they shouldn’t say that you have to let reality set in. That is just ridiculous. :headache:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Jess, you're such an inspiration to me and many others. Hope that you feel better today! Hope the rest of your program is magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter