Disney College Program

annabellehope

Earning My Ears
Hello All!
I am currently a first year at a private college in Maryland who has no idea how to approach the Disney college program. On top of that I also have a chronic lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis. Thankfully I am quite healthy and I am also a college athlete. I was wondering if anyone has gone about doing the DCP with CF or any other kind of disease. I absolutely love Disney and it would be a dream to be able to do the DCP. I am just very lost on whether I’d be able to or how to go about starting this process. i am looking for some advice for some people who may have had a similar experience. Any advice on the housing and accommodations that are offered would be wonderful. TIA!

Hello All!
I am currently a first year at a private college in Maryland who has no idea how to approach the Disney college program. On top of that I also have a chronic lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis. Thankfully I am quite healthy and I am also a college athlete. I was wondering if anyone has gone about doing the DCP with CF or any other kind of disease. I absolutely love Disney and it would be a dream to be able to do the DCP. I am just very lost on whether I’d be able to or how to go about starting this process. i am looking for some advice for some people who may have had a similar experience. Any advice on the housing and accommodations that are offered would be wonderful. TIA!

Our daughter (who uses a mobility device due to multiple orthopedic issues) was accepted into DCP. Sadly she was not able to accept her term because she had a physical setback that prevented her from going during her semester. Disney was very gracious, and offered her another chance, but by that time she was working for Apple (still does, now at Apple Park in Cupertino) and so she never went.

I do know that at the time (this was 7 or 8 years ago now) DCP confirmed that she would be placed in an appropriate accessible apartment/room, however they couldn't tell us exactly which unit she would be in until arrival day.

There is a DCP forum here on the DISboards; that will be a great source of current information regarding applying. Things may have changed since our daughter applied, so any information I have could be outdated. 🙂 Good luck!

Hello All!

Don't you apply online?

Don't you apply online?

Once upon a time (this is showing how old *my* info is LOL) you had to fill out an application and get a letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your college. Your college (where you had to be an active, enrolled student) had to participate in the DCP "plan" that allows you to earn college credit while you are at Disney. It was a whole thing... There was an online application, but there was also a lot of physical paperwork (again, this was 7 or 8 years ago) sent back and forth.

The most up-to-date info here will be found in the College Board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter