Disney Confessions

we have a minivan with automatic sliding side doors and as it closed my son tends to make the "Bee-boo" sound that the monorail makes as the doors close, which of course necessitates me saying "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."

Also, I sometimes find talking about DISmeets to be a bit awkward: "Hey kids, let's go meet the woman daddy met on the internet!"
Oh I can totally relate here!!
"You know? The guy I met online? He live about half an hour away? Yeah, he sent me the USB with the Star Wars movies on it. No... We've never met..."

LOL. I'm with you on this one. It is sometimes weird to be talking about my DIS friends, especially the ones I've never actually met (you know who you are).
Lol, yes, we do.
"You know my friend? The one who loves Disney and lives in the states? He's a doctor"
"Sure he is Jes, sure he is" lol
Wait a tic, you mean I can meet women on here? Like real live women? :disrocks:
I am so tired of those women they mail me from Russia.
And the ones from Thailand! Those mail orders cost a bomb, especially when they get the stamp adhesive all over them, it's a NIGHTMARE to clean off!

"I was talking to Jes today"
-"Jes who?"
"You know. Jes from Australia."
-"Who do you know in Australia."
Lol, it must seem a bit far off to some, which at 10,000 miles is pretty far, but it doesn't feel like that with y'all... Other than the language barriers... Of the English language! Lol
ETA: my answer to "who do you know in Australia?" Would be "haven't you been listening?! I just said 'Jes from Australia'!"

We check the wait times on the app a lot! We love to try to guess which park has EMH based on the lower wait times.

I know every word at the Haunted Mansion but I keep it to myself because I don't want to ruin it for the new people there.
I love to see their reactions in the stretching room, it's really fun to watch. :)

I know every word at the Haunted Mansion but I keep it to myself because I don't want to ruin it for the new people there.
I love to see their reactions in the stretching room, it's really fun to watch. :)
I always go into the room and head straight for the "wall" that opens to the ride but still face the center as if I don't know what's going to happen.

For our past trip, the Tomorrowland BGM always seemed to play, "If You Had Wings" and "The Best Time of Your Life" when we were around there... Couldn't help but sing the words. That got me thinking, seriously, WDW could build a 5th gate with extinct attractions.

Providing "helpful" info to perfect strangers when I shouldn't. A few years ago, I was in the MK eating lunch at Columbia Harbour House when I overheard the family next to me talking about their plans for the afternoon. The Dad told his kids, after lunch we're going to jump on the monorail and go to Harry Potter land for the rest of the day. The Mom made eye contact with me and I thought I was helpful by mentioning, "Umm, no. There is no monorail to Universal." The Dad replied to me, "Thanks. But we're not going to Universal. We're going to see Harry Potter. Mind your own business." I decided I'd better mind my business. Feel bad for those kids waiting for the monorail that never came. But hey, maybe the Knight bus showed up? ::yes::

The Dad told his kids, after lunch we're going to jump on the monorail and go to Harry Potter land for the rest of the day. The Mom made eye contact with me and I thought I was helpful by mentioning, "Umm, no. There is no monorail to Universal." The Dad replied to me, "Thanks. But we're not going to Universal. We're going to see Harry Potter. Mind your own business."
Most people don't appreciate being corrected, even if it saves them from doing something stupid. As the saying goes, Pride goeth before a fall.

I will occasionally step in with useful info but only when I get the sense that the person seems confused or is actually trying to figure something out. If they just outright say something wrong but they say it with conviction, I just let it go.

I'm guilty of sometimes trying to help others too. And of saying the words to the stretching room.

Other things I can think of are that I've got a whole playlist of Disney music, including the hour long park loop for the MK entrance and the 40 minute one for Epcot and I always have to listen to them straight through.

Also, I get like weirdly offended when people insult my favorite resorts. Logically I know it's like, everyone can have their own opinions and stuff, but when they start insulting the places that feel like home to me I feel the need to defend them.

I'm that annoying guy that says the punchlines to the puns on Jungle Cruise before the skipper

Oh, and I get annoyed when my kids want to watch Nick Jr instead of Disney Jr "Oh, yeah, Blaze and the Monster Machines is really cool ... but let's check what's on Disney Jr, ok?"

Before trips when listening to the radio I think about how the particular song could fit into the post-trip video I would put together

This is more of a DIS confession than a Disney confession....

Unless I'm actively planning a WDW trip, the other DISBoard forums stress me out.

I used to visit the Trip Planning forum, Resort forum, etc., even when I didn't have a trip on the horizon, just to stay "connected" to what's going on.

But these days the info is so detailed, and people seem so on-edge about getting everything just right, and getting the information so quickly, that it just stresses me out.

Is that weird?

(This is the part where you guys say "no".)

Last edited:
I used to visit the Trip Planning forum, Resort forum, etc., even when I didn't have a trip on the horizon, just to stay "connected" to what's going on.

But these days the info is so detailed, and people seem so on-edge about getting everything just right, and getting the information so quickly, that it just stresses me out.

Is that weird?

(This is the part where you guys say "no".)
Not weird at all. I definitely think the folks on some of the planning forums are a little, what's the right word?, insane! No offense intended, of course. We are just not uber-planners. We book our accommodations and that's it. No ADRs. No advance FPs. We just come and enjoy ourselves, same as always. We see no need, and have no desire, to plan out every moment of our trip weeks and months in advance. So I generally avoid all of the trip-planning forums.

No . . . definitely not weird. I do jump into the planning forums esp the dining (raise your hand if you're like me & are really just there for the luscious food pics and the dining reviews! :P) and the resorts where I can. Llama's right (as always), there is a different vibe there. More tense & testy. I feel bad for newbies making their first few posts when a DIS vet jumps on them hard. Really no need to be harsh and vets should be more secure about themselves and their opinions. And every once in a while there is someone new who is just dog mad and who knows what. I try to just run fast the other way. Maybe because we have such a groovy, nice vibe here in our own little corner of the Boards, everything else "out there" seems so much colder? But no worries, Llama. Jes & I will hold your hands if you decide you want to venture out onto the Board! :hippie::-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter