• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cracking Down on Refillable Mugs?

Go over to the mouseplanet.com web site and click on reader feedback dated 6/21. Most of it is about refillable mugs. Someone also tells how to fill more than one mug.

I know I was told lifetime refills and at three different resorts. I can live with the fact that CM's may be misinforming guests and if I can't refill my old mugs,no biggie. But I think they should do something better then length of stay. A previous poster- and most UK guests, stay for two weeks while others stay one week or less but yet everyone pays the same amount for a mug. If they are doing a bar code sticker,then sell me a new sticker each visit for $5.00 if I bring my old mug. People have stated signs that say "free refills for length of stay", that statement does not exclude future free refills. It simply states one fact or feature of the mug. Now if the sign said " If you purchase the mug this visit it is only good for this visit,not every other visit and not ever at any other resort"- or something to that effect, then I think we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

People have stated signs that say "free refills for length of stay", that statement does not exclude future free refills. It simply states one fact or feature of the mug. Now if the sign said " If you purchase the mug this visit it is only good for this visit,not every other visit and not ever at any other resort"- or something to that effect, then I think we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
Yes, thank you for posting this. I thought about this very notion this weekend, and forgot to post.

This is an example of very well thought through communication on the part of WDW. I don't think that it's an accident or a misstep on the part of so many CMs telling guests to use them in the future. Honestly, I think that's the real unwritten policy.

HOWEVER, to post the policy as written (and leave some ambiguity - and there IS some, the above quote is quite accurate) it can cause guests to think they should NOT bring their mugs in the future. However, if the guest asks he/she seems to always get the answer that it is ok.

This type of communication decision is made all the time. Proper framing is very important and from what I've read, it seems Disney spends more time on these types of decisions than anybody else. Heck, I've been party to many.

One thing that we don't know for sure. Who has said for certain that the bar codes aren't good forever? If so, that causes a problem for the old mugs of course.

Still very interested to see how this one plays out.

When we first used to get the mugs at all stars they used to have a date on them which i asumed was to mean use that year but they droped that they do alter the style of of mug ie big mug and smaller sports mug with sealable lid and new designs on them. But i have noticed that the main changes are at the value resorts as at coranardo,wildernes lodge and beach club ther desigins have not changed over the years.
Paulh

Why doesnt disney copy something from a family park like Holiday World in Ind. and offer free parking and free soft drinks!!!!!! That park offers free soda/free parking and now this year free sun block to all guests. That park isnt going out of business so maybe disney could try something new and see what happens. Or would this cause the whole company to go bankrupt???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter