Disney Credit Card

I recevied mine yesterday. That was quick, sice I think I only filled out the online application at the beginning of the week.

I don't think I'll be as lucky ith my reservation, since I made it a few months ago. I guess an email off to DU won't hurt to ask.

I also received my card, but am also disapointed with the "perks", I also have a card that gives me airline points, that seems to be better than the Disney one. I just hope that they have more perks if we pay for our disney vacation with the disney card. I had already received a $50 on board credit with my disney club card.

I already have a good onboard credit for when I booked my cruise ages ago. But, my plan was to use this card to pay it off and take advantage of the 6 months interest free.

And, more importantly, I wanted to 'get the disney points' out before our cruse (oct) so I could use those on the ship. Anyone figured out how that will work. I know it is 1% of purchases, but for me, that could be a good amount. LOL. I charge everything and pay it all at the end of the month. Currently accum AMEX award points, but would gladly move to the Disney ones if I can use them on the cruse.

Finally, any ideas as to how to get the reward points 'out' and how soon that can happen?

Thanks

Hello all...got the OK for the Disney Visa today....got a $5000. credit limit....what did the other people out there get....I have cards that allow me $25000. in credit...although I would never use that in my lifetime.....just curious....and only 8 weeks to the day to our Magical cruise......
Thanks...
Tom

I thought the card sounded like a pretty bad deal.....(I'll await the flames.) It wasn't a particularly low interest rate and the rewards were not particularly good. To get enough points to make a dent in the cost of a vacation, you'd have to charge a fortune. At least with the LL Bean Visa you get a real time benefit of free shipping and free monogramming on every order. I think if any other company offered this "deal" it wouldn't generate much interest. Just my opinion. But to have to charge $75,000 to get enough points to take a child along on the cruise for free......Holy Cow! Don't the points have to be used in a certain period of time so you couldn't even save them for years to make a dent in the cost of a major trip? ( Might have that part wrong. )

I'm putting on my fire gear and awaiting the flames for not being supportive of Disney's latest venture.

No flames here....I agree that the terms and perks are lousy. When I was looking over the info that came with the card I saw that you only get 1% back on $100 of purchases. Meaning you would have to spend $75,000 like the other poster said, just to get $750 in points. Honestly....I got it because it has a cute logo. I have other cards that I use to get me my airline points and rewards. I think Disney "missed the boat" or is it "ship" on this one.

MJ

I only got the card because I wanted to have 6 mos no interest and then pay off...also gives me time to save up the remainder and keep my money in bank. My balance is due in Mid May. Anyway, I booked our cruise 2 yrs ago and paid the deposit at that time. Is it true that the benefits will not count if I only put the balance on the card...the balance would be high too. I have 2 staterooms and would like the on board credits also. If I can't get these benefits than the card is of no use to me. Also, how do we get the reward dollars in order to use on the ship? Anyone know? I only applied for the card about a week ago..on line.

The way I read the information that came with my card, is charge the deposit AND the balance of your cruise vacation. That word AND has me a bit worried. I charged my deposit back in August of 2002 and it is long paid for. Sounds to me like paying the balance on the card will not allow any of the benefits. I was going to call them to verify this at some point.

Robin ºOº

thanks Robin...I'm afraid of the same thing. My deposit has long been charged and paid. I would chg the balance which is still a hefty amt...I may have to call also...Not our fault they didn't have the card back then...

We applied for the card, too. But it does not seem to be a great deal. I charge EVERYTHING I can on my United card, $50,000 in charges gets a free round-trip to Europe, $25,000 gets a free US ticket, which can be a bargain if you need to fly to a more obscure place (Columbus, OH from Denver is ALWAYS a fortune). Of course that assumes United is going to still BE around.;) . We have had many free tickets over the years, Hawaii being the biggest savings (tickets are at least $500 but mileage-dollars on credit card is $35,000, translating to $350 per ticket.). The trade-in is not dollar for dollar credit on the United card. Would it not make more sense that x amount of spending gives a free day at the parks, cruise, night at AK Lodge, etc.?

I would hope having the credit card will add additional bonuses a la the Disney Club or Magic Kingdom Club. Will we even get "free" Disney Magazines? Seem we should at least get some coupons.

Carla

Since we booked our cruise part DVC/part cash, we were required to pay in full at the time of our booking. We get NO onboard credits, etc. Therefore, being DVC is a punishment I guess! I wish that I'd had the card at the time of our booking. At least we would have gotten some sort of a perk. Any suggestions for how I could "capture" some credit!???

:confused:

Jfis,,,,we felt the same way when we were DVC members. No perks, no special rates or consideration. We couldn't even book the cruise til it was a year out. Felt like we were bottom on the totem pole. Doesn't seem like it should be that way. Anyway, we sold our share about a year ago...just didn't work for us.

wouldn't you qualify for the 1st time cruiser credit?? I would call DCL and ask them to apply it to your reservation

I called DCL................they can do nothing to "reward" us for cruising. No first time, no credit card (since we were required to pay IN FULL at time of booking), no postcard, no nothing.

DVC can't help us either...........................although we used points, we still spent over $3,000 to take our children along. I guess that I am suppose to be happy because I am a DVC member? I wish someone would give me a straight answer.

DCL wouldn't even acknowledge my ressie. They said I would have to discuss it with DVC. Does my cruise exist? Who knows!

I get so frustrated reading about how everyone gets these credits, upgrades, etc. I feel I deserve something given the amount of money I have invested in Disney through DVC. We don't even get a perk on park tickets!

:mad:

Hello all.....when I heard about the Disney Credit card and how it was replacing the Disney Club and would have a lot of good offers on park and hotel things, we could not wait to get it....but it really seems like no big deal...I always pay for my vacation before I leave, so I would not charge it and pay it off....like charging Christmas presents and paying for them in June....but it is Disney so I had to have it.....maybe they will make it better as it goes along.....Less than 8 weeks to go for our "MAGIC"al cruise...
Tom

You can pay for your vacation before you leave with the card. You get 0% for six months from the time you make your reservation. You can make the reservation using the credit card and then just pay if off before you go with no interest.

I just received mine today. I had no idea that my husband actually applied for it. I sent him the email.

I don't think that it is a bad deal and maybe I will use the American Express a little less and the Visa a little more in order to get the points.

Vicki

I understand that BankOne offers a 1% cash rebate card. Is anyone familiar with this card? Since the percentage is the same the rabte (1%) is the same as the Disney card, why would anyone prefer limited use Disney Dream Dollars to a real cash rebate?

Does the Disney VISA offer any additional discounts beyond the rebates?

I'm leaning toward the cash rebate to avoid all the frustrations of all the restrictions on using the Dream Dollars.

Is there any limitations to the BankOne cash rebate card?

-Paul

We have the new Disney card, but we also have the Holiday Inn Priority Club card through First USA. We have our phone linked to it as well. We usually get 3-4 free nights a year using the Holiday card. When you think about it, I get more out of the Holiday card without restrictions. I have never been declined a room at any time through Holiday with our "points". :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter