Disney Cruise Brides - Let's Chat about our Weddings/VR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here, please forgive me for the long post, but all these questions on making reservations have my head spinning! I've been reading on this thread specifically for almost two years now, may have posted once or twice. But so many questions now that it's my turn :)!! We will be celebrating 15 years on the Dream November 25th sailing this year, will have our three boys along with my mom and 7 other family members, I'm beyond excited!!! We have already booked the Vow Renewal and received some info from Shanda. All seems fairly straight forward, with the exception of a few things, ok allot of things since I'm an OCD Disney planner (each Disney trip gets more exciting due to all my research and planning, lol, just ask my hubby!). If anyone can jump in here and help answer I would be forever grateful~~

When making reservations at 120 days, can I make spa reservations for just me, or all rooms with linked reservations?

When do I make hair appointments for myself and my mom for the day of the VR?

Does Shanda make these reservations or do I go through the Disney Cruise line directly?

Are we able to make excursion reservations at 120 days as well, again, for just my stateroom, or all?

I've searched everywhere for pictures of the outdoor section of the Merdian Patio, only found one or two and they are not good. Very hard to tell how the ceremony will be set up and what it actually looks like.

Can we bring our own silk flower arrangements to decorate the patio?

I have more, but don't want to overwhelm everyone. I just love hearing about all the planning and pics of past VR and Weddings, with a house full of boys, anything girly excites me to no end. Would love to do a planning journal, but just don't think I'll have time, will have to ponder that idea a bit more.

You all are the experts in my eyes, but for anything I can't get from the all knowing Disboards, I'll resort to Shanda!! Thanks in advance for all the helpful tips~~

Robin

Shanda will make your hair appointments and your guests.

Also Dorothy in group coordination is the best, she moved my 26 guests 2nd seating to first seating for dinner.

Newbie here, please forgive me for the long post, but all these questions on making reservations have my head spinning! I've been reading on this thread specifically for almost two years now, may have posted once or twice. But so many questions now that it's my turn :)!! We will be celebrating 15 years on the Dream November 25th sailing this year, will have our three boys along with my mom and 7 other family members, I'm beyond excited!!! We have already booked the Vow Renewal and received some info from Shanda. All seems fairly straight forward, with the exception of a few things, ok allot of things since I'm an OCD Disney planner (each Disney trip gets more exciting due to all my research and planning, lol, just ask my hubby!). If anyone can jump in here and help answer I would be forever grateful~~

When making reservations at 120 days, can I make spa reservations for just me, or all rooms with linked reservations?

When do I make hair appointments for myself and my mom for the day of the VR?

Does Shanda make these reservations or do I go through the Disney Cruise line directly?

Are we able to make excursion reservations at 120 days as well, again, for just my stateroom, or all?

I've searched everywhere for pictures of the outdoor section of the Merdian Patio, only found one or two and they are not good. Very hard to tell how the ceremony will be set up and what it actually looks like.

Can we bring our own silk flower arrangements to decorate the patio?

I have more, but don't want to overwhelm everyone. I just love hearing about all the planning and pics of past VR and Weddings, with a house full of boys, anything girly excites me to no end. Would love to do a planning journal, but just don't think I'll have time, will have to ponder that idea a bit more.

You all are the experts in my eyes, but for anything I can't get from the all knowing Disboards, I'll resort to Shanda!! Thanks in advance for all the helpful tips~~

Robin

Welcome! I'm from Texas too! Congratulations on your up-coming Vow Renewal. We are renewing our vows on the Fantasy in June for our 20th anniversary. It sounds like you’ll be having a great party for your VR.

Here is what I know:
At 120 days you can book your reservations (excursions, spa, Palo, etc.) on-line for your reservation number after the cruise is paid in full. I had a linked reservation and the web site would not let me book for that reservation because it was not in their booking window. So on-line, you can't book for another reservation at 120 days. You may be able to get Disney Cruise line to do it for you if you call them??

Shanda makes the reservations for hair appointments. It's a request on the form she sent you.

I've requested an indoor location for our VR. I was told it was going to be in the Outlook. It looks beautiful. So, I don't have any information on the patio area.

I would think you could decorate the patio with your own silk flowers. Just send an e-mail to Shanda and ask her. She will let you know for sure.

Again, Congratulations!!

I think Disney Wedding's site has some pictures floating around of the patio location..Maybe if Carrie sees this, she knows the location.

Shanda can make the appointment for you. I got an email asking if I needed any and then in the packet that came 30days before sailing, they had a spot asking if I needed any.

You know, I am having the darndest time getting photos of Meridian Patio! I've only ever seen a few, and usually they are closeups of the bride and groom so you can't see the environment. If anyone who's having an event there wants to get a shot of the whole patio without people in it, I'd be super-grateful! :goodvibes

Thanks very much for the info, I appreciate it very much. Will send Shanda a quick note to see if perhaps she has pics available of the Meridian Patio. Still so far out, have plenty of time, but sure don't want to miss my window for spa, Palo and excursion reservations. Thanks again and will be watching for more pics of Cruise Weddings and VR, you guys are awesome!

Robin

Just ordered our Mickey and Minnie bride and groom mouse ears! Yay! So excited! Just wanted to come here and share!

I could never make my own! Good for you!

Here's a question...does anyone know if we get early boarding since we have to meet and have the civil ceremony when we get on the ship?

I just called DTFW and they said i could have the vow renewal at CC, but it was $1000 more than onboard VR. :goodvibes Yippee!!

I feel like i'm actually starting to plan things!!

Wow for only a $1,000 that's not bad at all! Congats :thumbsup2

Here's a question...does anyone know if we get early boarding since we have to meet and have the civil ceremony when we get on the ship?

No early boarding per se. DCL weddings are treated as concierge and should be in the first boarding group.

We didn't know that when we booked our cruise 1.5 years ago...but that's ok. We look forward to staying on the concierge level :)

we didn't get the early boarding either really..because we did a back to back and only got off the ship to reboard right away.

Make sure you check in at the Concierge desk so that you can get the early boarding!
(this only works if you get there before 11:30 I think..because they start boarding Group 1 soon after that

So what does it mean to be concierge? We don't have a suite or fancy room. What does that entail?

We boarded at 11:18 and were in Group 1. It was plenty of time before our civil ceremony which was at 3:00. The timing was good, we didn't feel rushed or anything and even had time to go to our stateroom which opened at 1:30.

DF and I will also need to make some top hat ears for him. He also is not a fan of the new tuxedo Mickey ears.

Besides being able to book spa, dining and excursions 120 days out and "early" boarding, are there any real benefits to concierge? Has anybody perhaps had any experience with some upgrades? We're staying in an ocean view with no verandah, so even a regular verandah room would be fantastic! But there still seem to be some concierge level rooms available on our sailing. It's probably really wishful thinking but how nice would it be to get a surprise upgrade? ;)

DF and I will also need to make some top hat ears for him. He also is not a fan of the new tuxedo Mickey ears.

Besides being able to book spa, dining and excursions 120 days out and "early" boarding, are there any real benefits to concierge? Has anybody perhaps had any experience with some upgrades? We're staying in an ocean view with no verandah, so even a regular verandah room would be fantastic! But there still seem to be some concierge level rooms available on our sailing. It's probably really wishful thinking but how nice would it be to get a surprise upgrade? ;)

We just got back from our wedding on the Disney Dream. We stayed in a One-Bedroom Suite and let me tell you, the concierge team was WONDERFUL! On top of all of our wedding goodies, the concierge team was always leaving us presents in our stateroom. They sent a comped bottle of champagne over the morning of the wedding so that my bridesmaids and I could all have a glass of champagne while we were getting ready. I fell down some stairs the night before the wedding and had to get stitches. When they found out they sent ice packs and extra bandaging for my injured legs. Further, there was a free cocktail hour before each dinner seating. It was nice to be able to grab a glass of wine in the lounge and take it to dinner. If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter