Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Getting married on the October Hawaii cruise on the Wonder! Thanks for making this easier with all this advice. Much appreciated!

So... I called...

Seems like the information is very general that they had to offer. Can you guys answer any of my detailed questions??

-Can you request a specific day?
-Can we have dinner in the regular dining room for that night and do the palo brunch another time instead of palo dinner that night? We want to have our family involved in our wedding "dinner" and have small children.
-Can we do a Disneyland in-park photoshoot pre cruise?
-Can you order JUST the CD and extra photography hours?

We are cruising in June on the Fantasy and me and hubby are renewing our vows for our 20th wedding anniversary, very excited. Will I be able to carry my gown onboard and then just hand it over to GS when I get onboard? I really don't want to carry it around with me and I'm sure it would be fine but I just feel uneasy about handing it to the porters.

see..if you speak her name..she will come! LOL

:rotfl:

We had such an amazing time on the cruise!!! I couldnt have asked for a better trip!! everything was fantastic!!! hope upcoming brides have as much fun as we did

I love your dress! :love:

-Can you request a specific day?

Ceremonies are only held on certain days and are at the captain's discretion. You can request one but there's no guarantee you'll get it.

Can we have dinner in the regular dining room for that night and do the palo brunch another time instead of palo dinner that night?

You can do Palo another time—it doesn't have to be on the day of the event.

Can we do a Disneyland in-park photoshoot pre cruise?

You can schedule a Magic Kingdom photo session any time within a year of your wedding, but you can't book more than 45 days out, and certain months are blacked out for MK shoots. The other theme parks have more availability.

Can you order JUST the CD and extra photography hours?

Unfortunately, no. They force you to buy a photo package in order to add on the CD.

:rotfl:

I love your dress! :love:

Ceremonies are only held on certain days and are at the captain's discretion. You can request one but there's no guarantee you'll get it.

You can do Palo another time—it doesn't have to be on the day of the event.

You can schedule a Magic Kingdom photo session any time within a year of your wedding, but you can't book more than 45 days out, and certain months are blacked out for MK shoots. The other theme parks have more availability.

Unfortunately, no. They force you to buy a photo package in order to add on the CD.
Thank you!

We want to do Disneyland since we are there before and closer. Funny enough, when I contacted Fine photography, they told me they only deal with Florida and to call this CA number... which was the main number for Paradise Pier! lol.

Thank you!

We want to do Disneyland since we are there before and closer. Funny enough, when I contacted Fine photography, they told me they only deal with Florida and to call this CA number... which was the main number for Paradise Pier! lol.

Oh! You actually meant Disneyland! Sorry about that! :rotfl: So, yeah, Disneyland does not have a photography department like Walt Disney World does. Couples who get married there make arrangements to bring in their own photographers through DFTW and pay a hefty fee (I think I just read that it's somewhere between $3,000 and $4,000 now). Couples who were married at WDW also have the ability arrange a shoot, so I'd call Disneyland's DFTW department for more details on how to go about it.

...Or just bring your photographer in during normal park hours and do the shoot in street clothes for free! Disneyland doesn't prohibit outside photographers the way the MK does.

We had such an amazing time on the cruise!!! I couldnt have asked for a better trip!! everything was fantastic!!! hope upcoming brides have as much fun as we did :)

You are absolutely glowing. You both look so happy. Congratulations!

I leav in 8 days for my wedding on the dream. I wish I could talk with our onboard coordinator before we arrive at port.

Oh! You actually meant Disneyland! Sorry about that! :rotfl: So, yeah, Disneyland does not have a photography department like Walt Disney World does. Couples who get married there make arrangements to bring in their own photographers through DFTW and pay a hefty fee (I think I just read that it's somewhere between $3,000 and $4,000 now). Couples who were married at WDW also have the ability arrange a shoot, so I'd call Disneyland's DFTW department for more details on how to go about it.

...Or just bring your photographer in during normal park hours and do the shoot in street clothes for free! Disneyland doesn't prohibit outside photographers the way the MK does.
The strange thing about it is that the Ever After Blog specifically shows it is possible at Disneyland and the comments make it sound even more so (dated 8/26/11) - http://disneyweddingsblog.com/disneyland-resort/castle-shoot-henry-kate/

I'm going to push as much as I can. It would be great... if not, I guess we may have to attempt a kid free trip to WDW, lol.

We had such an amazing time on the cruise!!! I couldnt have asked for a better trip!! everything was fantastic!!! hope upcoming brides have as much fun as we did :)

You look gorgeous!!! :) Congratulations on your marriage, and glad to hear it was a wonderful wedding trip! It was especially exciting to see your bouquet! I'm leaning toward the oceanfront elegance as my choice too! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

I leav in 8 days for my wedding on the dream. I wish I could talk with our onboard coordinator before we arrive at port.

I don't know that you can talk to her. But maybe you could send an email to Shanda to pass on to the onboard coordinator. I'm not sure if that would work but it may be worth a try. What are you trying to figure out? Perhaps one of the previous cruise brides can answer your question or offer some advice.

I just wanted to say hello to all the DCL brides :wave2:.

My DH and I had been planning to have an escape VR at WDW, but recently decided to have our VR onboard the Dream. We couldn't be happier with our decision, and put our deposit down on a 3 night cruise.

I have almost finished reading through the entire first thread (it has taken me a few days). All of the past VRs and weddings have been so beautiful. I can't wait to read more.

The strange thing about it is that the Ever After Blog specifically shows it is possible at Disneyland and the comments make it sound even more so (dated 8/26/11) - http://disneyweddingsblog.com/disneyland-resort/castle-shoot-henry-kate/

Sorry, I didn't explain that clearly: It IS possible to have a bridal shoot inside Disneyland, but Disney doesn't provide the photographer—you have to bring your own AND pay Disney a fee for the privilege. That particular couple brought their own photographer and was among the last to pay the old, lower fee for doing bridal portraits in the park.

Sorry, I didn't explain that clearly: It IS possible to have a bridal shoot inside Disneyland, but Disney doesn't provide the photographer—you have to bring your own AND pay Disney a fee for the privilege. That particular couple brought their own photographer and was among the last to pay the old, lower fee for doing bridal portraits in the park.
Oh ok! Thank you. I see there are a couple that already work with DFTW in Disneyland.

On another note, do you happen to know if they ever are willing to add a ribbon to the bottom of the tiers on DCL cakes?

Hello Ladies,

I have a question I think I've asked before or maybe its just been in a my thoughts for some time. How did you or are you personalizing your ceremony?
I have a list of things I plan to do, but would love to see what others are planning or have done.

here is my current list

OOT bags one per guest- will include list of optional group activities some fun items and snacks.
We are writing our own vows & including our nieces in the ceremony
I've also got wedding favors
Gifts for the girls

I'm just wondering what I can do to really personalize our ceremony. I'm also still torn as to if I should try to plan a group activity on the Nassau day. I was thinking gray cliff with a cigar/rum experience for the guys and the pool and lunch for the ladies. My only issue is there are some little people coming and I know one of my guests wants to go to Atlantis. I just don't know if with a 4pm ceremony thats doable or if I should stick with a 5:30 ceremony and 8pm dinner. My debate with the later seating is that its pirate night that night and I don't want everyone to miss out on those activities or the fireworks.

I know I still have time to figure these things out but want to know if I'm planning an afternoon or evening ceremony since this would change the colors I would use.

Again ladies any advice would be appreciated.

We are cruising in June on the Fantasy and me and hubby are renewing our vows for our 20th wedding anniversary, very excited. Will I be able to carry my gown onboard and then just hand it over to GS when I get onboard? I really don't want to carry it around with me and I'm sure it would be fine but I just feel uneasy about handing it to the porters.

Yes, you can carry your dress right onto the ship and take it to GS. They took mine and delivered it to the room for me. The girls in GS were so excited about us getting married (which made us feel good) and told me they would take good care of my dress. I didn't have to worry about it at all!

You looked BEAUTIFUL! Love your flowers!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter