Disney Cruise line came thru and did the right thing

Yes I had the Disney insurance wich they cancelled because we were getting the cruise refunded

Which makes sense because the cruiseline-offered insurance ONLY covers the cruise.

A third-party insurance policy for the entire trip is what would have been needed for non-cruise expenses.

A company of Disney’s size is probably self-insured. Just remember that insurance companies always make money on insurance policies. So, if Disney has enough cash reserves, they can actually save money by insuring themselves.
Exactly.

Great! So glad it worked out for you. It's so stressful when you are scrambling for a "plan B or plan C"
Thanks for updating :)

Which makes sense because the cruiseline-offered insurance ONLY covers the cruise.

A third-party insurance policy for the entire trip is what would have been needed for non-cruise expenses.

While I understand that, and perhaps third party insurance would have been better, OP did have some kind of insurance, and she was left "stranded" in Orlando when she otherwise would have been on the cruise.

Glad to hear it Op.

I would think dcl would appreciate the update so there just isn't an unresolved complaint floating out on the internet (I may update the original thread)

Unlike most, for the reasons stated in the original thread I do think what you received is fair and all around the best possible outcome.

Glad things were finally handled to your satisfaction, OP!

From what I remember of the first thread, OP did not get insurance and had no back-up funding (cash or otherwise) for emergencies. In something pretty much unheard of, the desk manager at POFQ somehow agreed to bill OP for the extra nights (probably the most surprising thing of all in that original post).

Maybe the manager didn't let on that Disney might cover it...? :confused3 The mouse works in mysterious ways....

We have only purchased the insurance once out of 14 times sailing with Disney and while our situation is different than the original post, I will share my Disney Customer experience. We were renewing our vows for our 25th wedding anniversary on the Disney Wonder in 2006 and housekeeping came to our stateroom to get my dress and my DH's tux for steaming. Well my dress came back just fine, but the tux did not have the pants. And it was 2 hours before our scheduled vow renewal. They had delivered clothing to other staterooms and went back to those rooms to see if the pants were inadvertenly delivered to the wrong stateroom. In the meantime with one hour to go before our vow renewal, someone from alterations came up to our stateroom with a pair of black tux pants (apparently Mickey's) and they were able to alter them in time for our vow renewal. While the shade of black was 'off' just a little, Disney came through for us. We never did get the tux pants returned to us and Disney even paid us for the cost of the tux we had purchased just a month before the cruise. Disney does take care of their guests in more ways than one. Sometimes unseen!

Glad it all worked out for nikkyluvsmickey.

Aside from personal opinions of whether or not the refund was deserved or warranted, it took some humility for the OP to admit that she jumped to conclusions too quickly without giving time for issues to be reconciled.

To the OP-
Thank you for the update and I, too, am glad that you are satisfied. :)

Morals of the story::teacher:
•Don't knowingly/willingly travel to a state that is under the threat of hurricane. (We live in FL- seriously, it's no joke and conditions can change at any moment. Traveling here during hurricane season is a risk. Be prepared.):sail:
•Purchase 3rd party insurance:idea:
•Venting is acceptable, but use some caution because you will hear input from both sides of the table :duck:and ultimately may have to put your foot in your mouth. :rolleyes1

Aside from personal opinions of whether or not the refund was deserved or warranted, it took some humility for the OP to admit that she jumped to conclusions too quickly without giving time for issues to be reconciled.

To the OP-
Thank you for the update and I, too, am glad that you are satisfied. :)

Morals of the story::teacher:
•Don't knowingly/willingly travel to a state that is under the threat of hurricane. (We live in FL- seriously, it's no joke and conditions can change at any moment. Traveling here during hurricane season is a risk. Be prepared.):sail:
•Purchase 3rd party insurance:idea:
•Venting is acceptable, but use some caution because you will hear input from both sides of the table :duck:and ultimately may have to put your foot in your mouth. :rolleyes1
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter