• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Line ECV question

Pinocchio #1 Fan

Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!
Mods- if this is in the wrong forum feel free to move.

I have recently become disabled, in that I had half of my left foot amputated a little over a year ago. As a result, I can use a cane to walk short distances. When going places such as on vacations which require me to be able to move around over longer distances, I use an EVC.

I have booked a Disney cruise to the Western Caribbean, stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth. I know that on Grand Cayman they have to tender to port. I understand I need to get out of the scooter to get into the tender, that is not a problem. What I want to know is if the ECV can be placed into the tender so I can use it once I get into the port. I'm sure someone on here has faced the same issue as myself, so I thought I would see if anyone could answer my question.

TIA!

I have not experienced a port stop in Grand Cayman, so I can't fully answer your question. I know that manual wheelchairs can be taken on the tenders, but I'm not sure about an ECV. You might try cross-posting on the DCL forum because there are several people there familiar who don't regularly visit the disABILITIES Forum but they know the port stops and someone may have the experience/knowledge to answer your question.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have taken a power wheelchair on the tender at Grand Cayman many times. I just roll right on in. You would have no problem with a scooter. I have done Grand Cayman about 8 times and done 16 DCL cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter