Disney Cruise Line restart of sailing Health Policy (US cruises)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3Kzza9E.gif

Let me say first that I’m not an advocate for being spied on or tracked by government or anything, but most people need to realize, if you are apprehensive about stuff like these contact tracing technologies, why do you willingly keep the most invasive device in human history in your pocket and with you at all times? Your cell phone can do ALL of this and FAR FAR more. People willingly take devices with tracking software, sensitive microphones that can be set to “always listen’ and HD cameras into bedrooms and bathrooms all the time. Yet complain about something like this.

Point is, if you dont want to be tracked, you have to go all in. Can’t get made at a business or industry for doing stuff like this, then go back to your devices doing the same without a care. We have to accept some level of risk to use tech in our lives, and it’s up to each individual to chose which is acceptable. Contact tracing thru devices on ships is a much smaller risk than the tracking on your phone. It really is.…

Now back to the actual topic and reason I posted this thread, I just want to see when Disney officially says what we would have to do, if we chose to cruise with them again. Any info on that, or even other cruise lines is quite welcome on this thread. Thanks!
Only conspiracy theorists believe they can listen to our conversations. LOL....

I just don't see them switching to Magic Bands for ship board matters in their current iteration they would need to be significantly enhanced, currently they can't be used like the KTTW cards are now use to exit and reboard the ships at ports, they also are limited in ability to provide the data needed for such things as alcohol purchases and gift shop and spa purchases too. They use a version of them for to check kids in and out of the kids clubs but they have limited information on them. I feel like they will keep the current system of the KTTW cards, maybe at some point they'll figure out what they can do to upgrade them to cover more identificational methods that might be needed post pandemic. But right now they're busy juggling all the balls just trying to get the ships back in operations.

I'll never go back on a cruise ship ever again. This is insane.

Heck, why not just implant microchips into everyone? I guess we'll do that in the next pandemic. Baby steps!

I mean, if an outbreak potentially occurs onboard and if it comes to quarantine the whole ship, or quickly identify immediate contacts and quarantine those instead, I'll wear a bracelet for a few days while I'm on the ship... they're not surgically attaching it to you so they can watch you forever, you're really not that interesting to them 🤣
But I don't live on the paranoid side of life 🤣

Also, if you don't trust it. Don't go. It's your choice. No one is forcing you on a cruise. Just be aware the same tech is in use at Disney world and Land and has been for years in the wristbands and the cell app.

As I have said, I don't plan to ever go back on a cruise if this is the crap we have to deal with.

And Disney World/Land is not doing any contract tracing. Any data they accumulate is for marketing purposes, not being specifically linked to personal data, and not being shared with 3rd parties or the government.

I know it was a very long time ago, but back in the old days before COVID, we used to think catching a cold, a stomach virus, or the flu was simply part of the reality of life everyone has to deal with from time to time. Now the goal seems to be to try to prevent every virus and pathogen. This has become an extreme form of mass hypochondria that governments and companies are now taking full advantage of.

If you have 100% vaccinated ship agaisnt COVID. Why the hell do you need RFID contact tracing technology? This virus has made the entire world insane.

As I have said, I don't plan to ever go back on a cruise if this is the crap we have to deal with.

And Disney World/Land is not doing any contract tracing. Any data they accumulate is for marketing purposes, not being specifically linked to personal data, and not being shared with 3rd parties or the government.

I know it was a very long time ago, but back in the old days before COVID, we used to think catching a cold, a stomach virus, or the flu was simply part of the reality of life everyone has to deal with from time to time. Now the goal seems to be to try to prevent every virus and pathogen. This has become an extreme form of mass hypochondria that governments and companies are now taking full advantage of.

If you have 100% vaccinated ship agaisnt COVID. Why the hell do you need RFID contact tracing technology? This virus has made the entire world insane.
Believe what you like. Feel free to move to another world. This is the one the rest of us have, most of us do the best we can with it.

Last edited:

Disney absolutely ties it to personal data, so they knew what FastPasses you had. And if you charge something by swiping your MagicBand, it's being shared with your credit card company.

No, people are not trying to prevent every virus or pathogen. But this virus has killed nearly 600k over the last 15 months; it is a particularly virulent disease that's multitudes more deadly than a cold or typical flu. In comparison, how much disruption did the United States take after 9/11?

Disney absolutely ties it to personal data, so they knew what FastPasses you had. And if you charge something by swiping your MagicBand, it's being shared with your credit card company.

No, people are not trying to prevent every virus or pathogen. But this virus has killed nearly 600k over the last 15 months; it is a particularly virulent disease that's multitudes more deadly than a cold or typical flu. In comparison, how much disruption did the United States take after 9/11?

I was thinking the same thing about MagicBands. Plus your MagicBand is tied to your MyDisney account, which has plenty of additional personal information and is used for everything on earth Disney related (Disney+, DCL, WDW, Disneyland, Aulani and other resorts, Disney store, and so on). If you're booking fastpasses and dining reservations for a family group, they also know the names and ages of everyone else in your party. And on and on.

I am also routinely curious about this notion that we should let this virus play out without attempting preventative measures. We learned many years ago that washing hands before you eat and prepare food, and storing/cooking food at proper temps were beneficial in the spread of illness. No one today ever says we should stop doing that and let our immune systems handle e coli or listeria or whatever. People would be up in arms if a cruiseline had an outbreak of GI illnesses caused by improper handling of food, b/c they would totally blame them for not taking adequate precautions. Yeah, smaller instances of GI illness spread happen regardless, but not on a potential massive scale.

Anyway, to the OP, I know nothing. We let our OBB expire b/c we had no clue what to do with it, knowing so little.

I'll never go back on a cruise ship ever again. This is insane.

Heck, why not just implant microchips into everyone? I guess we'll do that in the next pandemic. Baby steps!

Sounds depressing as heck. Microchips? Nah. That's where the herd draws the line. At least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter