Disney Cruise Line: Simulated Test Sailings With Volunteers Beginning June 29

I agree! Hopefully this tougher situation is only lasting until the end of this year though. I can't wait to get our kids (all under age 12) vaccinated.
We are currently (re-)booked for late 2022 on DCL, but I'll happily consider taking all of us on a different cruise line, depending on the situation.

I imagine that DCL is in a tougher situation then the other cruise lines. Being a family cruise line, it will be much harder for them to fill that 95% vaccine requirement until all kids can get it. We are so happy that our children are grown now because there is no way I would be taking little kids anywhere while this is still going on. I wish that they would just make a decision and let people know do they can plan.

One day to go before the Dream sets sail on her test cruise!! I really wish someone on board would liveblog but I'm sure seeing as they are employees that won't happen. I'm just glad that a DCL ship is finally sailing from the US for the first time in 15 months, even if it isn't a revenue cruise just yet.

Fingers crossed that we hear something good from this in the next few days. Seeing as the first revenue cruise from the Dream is currently set for Aug 9th, I am hoping that in the next 10 days or so we hear SOMETHING. I can't imagine they would get to under 30 days out and not let people on the Aug 9th sailing know if their cruise is in fact happening, or what protocols are if the sailing does in fact happen.

Just saw elsewhere that the test cruise was cancelled with no additional explanation given. I am looking for a news/press release source for it.
If true, that would be devastating and give a lot of ammunition to those that believe DCL is choosing to wait until Nov or even into 2022 to resume.

Just saw elsewhere that the test cruise was cancelled with no additional explanation given. I am looking for a news/press release source for it.

Just looked on the cruise line blog for this and didn't see anything. If true, this means Disney either believes the requirement is going away very soon (maybe) or they are willing to forego sailing for most if not all of the year.

Just looked on the cruise line blog for this and didn't see anything. If true, this means Disney either believes the requirement is going away very soon (maybe) or they are willing to forego sailing for most if not all of the year.
I can't find anything except an FB post. Hopefully, we will hear more soon.

I still call this unconfirmed but on twitter people are reporting

Statement from Disney: “We are delaying our simulation cruise due to a small number of inconsistent COVID-19 test results, which are considered positive by the CDC..."

I still call this unconfirmed but on twitter people are reporting

Statement from Disney: “We are delaying our simulation cruise due to a small number of inconsistent COVID-19 test results, which are considered positive by the CDC..."
Thank you. I searched Twitter, but forgot to set the sorting to "Latest".

Knowing how cryptic Disney is, they probably wont even acknowledge the delay and tell us anything for another 1-2 weeks. ugh.

Interested to see how and if the testing issue is resolved for the UK sailings which have their first test sailings next week as these seem liable to similar issues.

I’d also be interested to know if it was the cast members working the test sailing or the cast members who were the guests who the issue was with, I’m assuming those working?

If true, that would be devastating and give a lot of ammunition to those that believe DCL is choosing to wait until Nov or even into 2022 to resume.
This is the first im hearing about it. Just curious why wait until Nov? (I haven't been keeping up as much
as i should)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter