Disney Cruise Line: Simulated Test Sailings With Volunteers Beginning June 29

This is a dumb question, do they need to do a test cruise on each ship or just one?

Each ship per the
Just curious where is this news from? I can't find it posted anywhere else.

As of now, the Dream is cancelled thru the July 30-Aug2 cruise. So the earliest sailing would be Aug 3rd. Seems odd there would be a whole month between the test cruise and a revenue one.

I linked to the source in the original post. It's laughingplace.com. The only other place I have seen it reported is from the Royal Caribbean Blog, but they are referring back to the laughingplace.com article. Laughingplace.com says it is from an internal letter at Disney. Given they have posted the text of the letter, I find it credible.

Each ship per the

I linked to the source in the original post. It's laughingplace.com. The only other place I have seen it reported is from the Royal Caribbean Blog, but they are referring back to the laughingplace.com article. Laughingplace.com says it is from an internal letter at Disney. Given they have posted the text of the letter, I find it credible.
When I reread the text, I thought it looked like an internal email.

Each ship per the

Sorry I totally missed that you linked to the source in your original post!

Let teachers on it! They're not working during this period and likely to be vaccinated.
What grade do you teach? Nice try but how about this instead. I suggest retired Disney CMs. We, excuse me, they have nothing better to do anyway. Are less likely to complain and because they're seniors, we, oops, they were among the first to be vaccinated so most will be. Pay no attention to my avatar, that's a complete stranger.

ETA, All kidding aside there are so many groups that deserve to be selected. Health care workers, first responders, teachers, military, etc.

Yes! It would be great if they'd release their vaccine policy soon..... like today. I'm very excited that the Dream is test sailing. We are on the August 30th 4 night..... I hope.

Interesting that it appears DCL took the test cruise option which means they would be able to go without the 95% vaccination requirement. They still could in the future, but the simulated cruises option by the CDC doesn’t require it. It also would avoid confrontation with Florida and avoids the question marks of whether children need to also be vaccinated.

Yes! It would be great if they'd release their vaccine policy soon..... like today. I'm very excited that the Dream is test sailing. We are on the August 30th 4 night..... I hope.
We aren't going to see that today, and quite possibly not for a while. So far the news from today was a leaked internal email Still no official external press release. There are too many moving pieces with the CDC, State of FL lawsuit, vaccine negotiations, etc. It could be weeks before we have that level of info.

Seems a fair indication that the Dream will not be sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers. I hope DCL comes out with an official position soon for all of the US based sailings.
But they could still require all adult, or all 16yo+, passengers to be vaccinated and are taking the test cruise option so they don't have to worry about limiting the number of children onboard. Do hope we see the official requirements soon.

Just wondering. Let's say they end the trip on July 1, 2021... What happens next? Do they test people to see if there was an outbreak? Do they collect data, share it and then someone decides if they are worthy of sailing? Will there be recommendations? Let's say everything is fine... How long before they are authorized to do real voyages?

Just wondering. Let's say they end the trip on July 1, 2021... What happens next? Do they test people to see if there was an outbreak? Do they collect data, share it and then someone decides if they are worthy of sailing? Will there be recommendations? Let's say everything is fine... How long before they are authorized to do real voyages?
There is a whole list of post-cruise activities they need to do.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/ti-simulated-voyages-cso.html
At least 75% of the test cruise must submit post-cruise covid tests 3 to 5 days after completion of the simulated voyage (unless vaccinated), and they need to put together an after-action report.

Not sure how exactly they request full approval post-test cruise.

Keep in mind that this was taken from an INTERNAL memo, something that wasns't originally planned to be released to the public at this time. This might happen as stated but it also might not, everything is fluid in these times and there could be a complete change of plans. A lot of information will be forthcoming over then next few weeks/months so we should temper our excitement to what is provable and actually announced by DCL.

I do think it being June 1 and no simulation plan for Wonder pretty much kills West Coast season dead like a big that has been squished ded.

I do find it odd that the Dream has test cruise dates set and not the Wonder. As the Wonder is only canceled through July 12th and the Dream is canceled through Aug 2nd. Plus the Dream is out of Florida and there is the whole vaccination requirement law thing. So if I am reading the tea leaves I would say the Wonder cancellation will be extended soon, and if I had to guess it would not be coming to the Pacific this year.

I think it just so hard to say what the rules should be for cruising two months from now when things can change overnight, Just look at mask requirements changed overnight at Disney World.

I personally could care less about vaccination requiremtns. I am vaccinated so I have protected myself as best as I can, so I would get on a full boat tomorrow with no questions asked. I understand not everyone will feel the same way as me, but that is how I feel.

I do find it odd that the Dream has test cruise dates set and not the Wonder. As the Wonder is only canceled through July 12th and the Dream is canceled through Aug 2nd. Plus the Dream is out of Florida and there is the whole vaccination requirement law thing. So if I am reading the tea leaves I would say the Wonder cancellation will be extended soon, and if I had to guess it would not be coming to the Pacific this year.

I think it just so hard to say what the rules should be for cruising two months from now when things can change overnight, Just look at mask requirements changed overnight at Disney World.

I personally could care less about vaccination requirements. I am vaccinated so I have protected myself as best as I can, so I would get on a full boat tomorrow with no questions asked. I understand not everyone will feel the same way as me, but that is how I feel.
I'd agree with you, I don't think Wonder is doing cruises this summer and rules change so often, yet another reason why I think DCL is wise to be SURE before they publicly state their intentions.

As for the vaccine, I suggest we keep those discussions in the vaccine thread to prevent this one from getting shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter