• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney cruise questions

lovespoohbear

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gone on the wonder? how are the handicapped staterooms? what shore excursion did you do and how wheelchair accessable was it? I am thinking of going for spring break so i need info

The staterooms are great but limited in number- which category were you wanting? How many guests? Which cruise ( meaning which ports of call?). There's not alot of accessibility out there unless you can transfer and possibly "take a few steps". Kathy

dclfun said:
The staterooms are great but limited in number- which category were you wanting? How many guests? Which cruise ( meaning which ports of call?). There's not alot of accessibility out there unless you can transfer and possibly "take a few steps". Kathy
think cat 6 maybe 4 ppl and 4 day cruise

For four people there are only two Cat. 5's that sleep 4- 7138 and 7638 or four of the Cat. 3's ( suites)- 8102/9100/8602/8600, or you would need to book two staterooms, each for a party of two. Unfortunately except for the suites, none of the accessible staterooms are connecting. On the four night cruise you would visit Nassau and Castaway Cay. In Nassau there is accessible transport to Atlantis ( not available as a shore ex ) and the little building/shops right before you enter the city and the straw market are accessible but none of the stores are due to huge high curbs. There are few curb cuts and if in a chair you will find yourself on the street with wild and crazy drivers! Castaway Cay has sand wheelchairs to get you down to the beach if you can transfer and does have an accessible tram. There are transfer tiers at the pools on deck 9 and you will be able to enjoy everything on the ship. Hope you go and have a great time...and write a report!
Kathy

lovespoohbear said:
Has anyone gone on the wonder? how are the handicapped staterooms? what shore excursion did you do and how wheelchair accessable was it? I am thinking of going for spring break so i need info

Have your travel agent contact the manager of the Shore Excursions desk on board the Wonder about what they will arrange for you....Heath is the MGR on the Magic but I have not met the Mgr. on the Wonder. I was on the Wonder in May of '04 and there were no accessible excursions available. You have to be persistent. Holland America did a MUCH better job of rounding up accessible vehicles for excursions but, even then, you have to insist, insist, insist. Unless they offer you a reduced rate on the fare, you have a legal right to take part in shore excursions and it is the cruise lines' responsibility to provide them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter