Disney Daily Birthdays – July Exercise Challenge

745/800 as my end result.

I am actually very happy with this as every minute is in connection with high intesity exercise - I did count the warm up and cool down as well when I went for a run. But I did not count my usual walk to work and things like that.

Welcome to the last day of our July challenge! We've made a lot of progress, individually and as a team, and I hope to see everyone continuing this progress over on the August thread (starting tomorrow)! And now, today's color changes :rainbow: ...

Congratulations to our newest member of Magic Kingdom Red, Flossbolna!

We've also got two new members of Disneyland W.I.S.H. Green - congrats, kathleen27 & SarahDisney!
If you were wondering what colors Mickey Mouse uses to decorate his house at Disneylans ... green is one of his main colors!
Mickey-Mouse-House-06.jpg

As seen in the image above, Mickey Mouse has green curtains, a green TV, and a green chair and footrest - all in just one room! There is quite a bit of green to be found throughout Mickey's House, and Minnie uses some green in her decorating too. Visit their houses in Mickey's Toontown and see how much green you can find!

If you haven't reached your goal yet, don't despair - you've still got a few hours left in the month! Keep posting those minutes, and I'll be back here Sunday night to announce our final color changes ... and give you a special sneak peak at the making of the July birthday posts!

For our last birthday of the month, let’s head back to Disneyland to celebrate an attraction that was intended to open with the park … but didn’t.

casey-jr-circus-train-00.jpg

Casey Jr. Circus Train opened at Disneyland on July 31, 1955 with basic scenery. In 1956, the attraction, named after the train from Dumbo, changed to include a tour of many miniature versions of classic Disney animated film scenes. This attraction holds a special place in Disneyland history, as the sleigh-style train cars were transplanted from the merry-go-round that later became King Arthur Carrousel, and the classic theme song for the attraction was written by Frank Churchill and Ned Washington, who also worked on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Pinocchio.

Happy Birthday, Casey Jr. Circus Train!

I ended up injured this month. :( It's been coming for awhile, but it really sidelined me for a couple of weeks. When walking becomes difficult it is time to take a break. Anyhow, going to set a modest goal and try again next month. Thanks!

15 minute walks Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday I also did a Blogilates 6 min leg video to reach my goal and my thighs were on fire.
406/400 :yay:

Last night I sat on my booty watching youtube videos of people un-boxing makeup subscription boxes...no reason why I can't move around while on the internet instead right. :)
Do you subscribe to any? I've been thinking about getting Birchbox.

I ended up injured this month. :( It's been coming for awhile, but it really sidelined me for a couple of weeks. When walking becomes difficult it is time to take a break. Anyhow, going to set a modest goal and try again next month. Thanks!

Sorry about the injury. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Thanks so much for hosting sarahdisney!!
Got home at 8pm last night after a busy day, realized I still needed 45 minutes to make goal, gathered up my daughter and went for a walk. She kept asking " how long are we walking for? " I said " until we hit 1000 minutes" ha!
I love the motivation this board provides!
45 minute walk
1000/1000
See you all on the August thread!

July is over, and it's time for our last color changes :rainbow: ...

Congratulations to our newest members of Disneyland W.I.S.H. Green, pix13dust, PollyannaMom & Sleeping*Beauty!
As soon as you walk through the gates of Disneyland Park, you'll see something green - with a Mickey head in the midlde!
Diamond%2BFloral%2BMM.jpg

This picture may look familiar to our WDW vets - that Floral Mickey head you see in front of the train station when you come into MK has an older brother at Disneyland! The Floral Mickey was an original part of Disneyland and has withstood the test of time (with different flowers used during different seasons). Recently Mickey was given a bow tie (complete with diamond) to help him celebrate Disneyland's 60th Birthday!

Since the month is over (and I no longer need to protect my secret sources), and people seem to have enjoyed the theme (and I enjoyed working on it), I wanted to share some "behind the scenes" notes on how I came up with the birthday & color changing information.

Behind-the-Scenes of Disney Daily Birthdays
The Birthdays:
My first resource was a great website I discovered last summer, This Day in Disney History. It’s a fantastic resource for anyone looking at Disney history, and a cool read when you want a few moments of Disney!
The site is missing some things, like some of the international ride opening dates. That’s where I went crazy. One day I set aside a few hours, opened the Wikipedia page for every single attraction at every single Disney park around the world (minus the water parks) and looked for July opening dates (Disneyland had a lot of things that opened on July 17th … it took me a while to figure out that those were the attractions that opened with the park).
I tried to get 2-3 birthday options for each day, and decided which one to use based on what I had done the day before. I divided every birthday into categories – park, movie, and person. I tried not to use the same category two days in a row, but sometimes it was unavoidable.
I tried to sit down once a week and write up that week’s birthdays (I actually finished the month in mid-July because I knew I’d be busy later in the month). For each birthday, I wrote up a paragraph or two and found a picture. Sometimes I was able to write the paragraph from memory/knowledge, while other times I had to look up information on the internet and condense it.

The Color Changes:
I paid very careful attention to the percentages on my spreadsheet, and as we got close to our first change for every color, I looked up something related to that color & park. Some I knew in advance (like the purple cat at Hollywood Studios), but others I just googled the park and color and saw what came up.
And how did nobody call me out on using World of Color (at California Adventure) for Disneyland W.I.S.H. Green?

W.I.S.H. Green:
I felt bad that I used WoC for the first Disneyland W.I.S.H. Green, so when we had our second day with a Green color change, I wanted to find something at Disneyland … and then I thought it would be cool to have a new green tidbit from Disneyland every time we had someone reach their goal!
Some of these I knew from memory or had seen something about recently (like Tink ½ Marathon, which I posted the day after early registration), others were just a matter of looking online and seeing what I hadn’t used yet.

And that's your behind the scenes look at the Disney Daily Birthdays of July!
I've already seen many of you report some great minutes on the August thread, and I hope to see many of us reach our goals there over the coming weeks!

Back from vacation and just want to say thanks, Sarah, for hosting and for all the fun facts! :thanks: I even went back to catch up on the last few days I missed! :goodvibes

See you all on the August thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter