Disney Daily Birthdays – July Exercise Challenge

Good morning! Before we get to today's color changes & birthdays, I have a quick bit of housekeeping.
upload_2015-7-28_8-44-2.png
Hosting is really not difficult, and we all appreciate our hosts! If you think you can do it, please volunteer! You can do as much or as little as you want - some hosts only update minutes, while others post trivia and other fun facts. Please volunteer!

And now, for our color changes :rainbow: ...
Congratulations to our newest member of Epcot Pink, Trith!

And congratulations to our newest member of Disneyland W.I.S.H. Green, glss1/2fll!
Disneyland is home to some nice, green hills ... well, they're painted green. But everything is painted in Toontown!
2351690168_592ca4acf3_z1.jpg

The Toontown letters here are a reference to the famous Hollywood letters - but these are much more fun! Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland is home to Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse's houses, Chip 'n' Dale Treehouse, Donald's Boat, Goofy's Playhouse, Gadget's Go Coaster, and (one of my favorites) Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin!

Today’s birthday is a special one for our cruise-loving team members. On July 28th, 1998, Patricia Disney (then-wife of Roy E. Disney) christened Disney Cruise Line’s first ship, the Disney Magic.

DisneyMagicdepartsCanaveral.JPG

Built in Italy, the ship, which can hold approximately 2,700 passengers, has 11 public decks, a total length of 964 feet, a maximum width of 106 feet and an astonishing gross tonnage of 84,000. After its christening, the Magic set sail with a star-studded manifest that included Star Wars director George Lucas, San Antonio Spurs center David Robinson and country singer Travis Tritt, on a two-day trip to Castaway Cay, Disney's private island in the Bahamas. It would begin its official maiden voyage two days later

The Disney Magic underwent extensive renovations in 2013, including updates to the ship’s cabins, lounges, restaurants, and spa, and introduction of several new features.

Happy birthday, Disney Magic!

To all of our cruisers out there … please share some of your favorite parts of the Disney Magic (pictures are also encouraged)!

@SarahDisney Thank you for being such an amazing host this month and putting so much into your updates! I love seeing all the birthdays, photos, & trivia you post! I have learned a lot!

I've slipped behind on posting minutes. :sad2:

786 was my Wednesday total, since then
18 minute Hiit workout on Friday
81 minute run/walk on Sunday
35 minute core workout on Monday
24 minute run/walk this morning - my cat woke me up before 5am :cat: so I figured might as well get it done early while its the coolest it will be all day.

944/1000

Thank you to @PollyannaMom for volunteering to host the August challenge!
Huge congrats to everyone who reached their goal ... or at least got part of the way there. For as long as I've been participating in these challenges I've tried to glance at how everyone else is doing, but it wasn't until this month, when I was in charge of keeping track of everything, that I truly understand how much effort everyone puts in. Some people report minutes almost every day, while others report sporadically. Some people get 10 minutes of exercise a day, and some get 60. Whatever you do, and however often you report, it's inspiring to me to see everyone getting some exercise in somehow, and then coming here an posting those minutes and encouraging others. We have a great team here, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

There are still a few days left in the month, and I know that before the month is done I'll have more color changes to announce (in fact, I'll be announcing a few with the daily birthday sometime soon ... I didn't have a Disneyland Green written up for today, so that's delaying me a few minutes). I'm excited to see how much we can accomplish in the last 3 days of the month!

And now that I'm done being sappy, here's my exercise minute report for the past few days:
Tuesday - 10 minutes (video)
Monday - 99 minutes (a hot but good 5 mile run + about a mile of walking)

1151/1200

I seem to have missed a color change that should have been mentioned yesterday, so ... congrats to Flossbolna on reaching Epcot Pink!

Congratulations also to our newest members of Magic Kingdom Red - kathleen27, pix13dust, and SarahDisney!

Special congratulations to our newest member of Disneyland W.I.S.H Green, Tasha228! Green is the main color of one of Disneyland's annual special events - Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend.
CK8jMrGXAAEkKza.jpg

The weekend, which was originally scheduled in January and has more recently been held in May, consists of three races - Never Land 5K, Tinker Bell 10K, and Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon (and a Pixie Dust Challenge medal given to those who run the 10K and Half-Marathon). The weekend also includes kids races and a health & fitness expo.
If you're interested in participating in Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend, you can find more information on the RunDisney website - but make your decision soon, because registration opens on August 11th and the races often sell out fast!

Today’s birthday is a fun one for both music and coaster lovers. On July 29, 1999 a special, invitation-only party officially opened Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Disney-MGM Studios.

rock-and-roller-coaster-starring-aerosmith-gallery01.jpg

On this intense coaster, Aerosmith invites guests to join them backstage at a concert - but the concert is all the way across town, so we've got to get there fast! A "super stretch" limo, which launches from 0 to 57 MPH in 2.8 seconds, takes guests through three inversions before depositing them at the concert at the end of the ride. The whole ride is synchronized to an Aersomith song, and each car plays a different song.

Happy Birthday, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter