Disney Dining Plan Returning?

Am I doing the math wrong? For 5 days the cost is $700 extra for cards worth $675? Am I missing something or is this disney math?

Am I doing the math wrong? For 5 days the cost is $700 extra for cards worth $675? Am I missing something or is this disney math?
This came up one time before and this is what I figured out:
The cost for an adult was/is 35 dollars a day - not 45 (I would venture a typo). I believe the kids (3-9) cost per night is 12.50. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-dining-card/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-dining-card/

I did the math for us for 4 days. It would be an $80 savings. The cost would be $560 for $640 worth of QS dining cards.

You did the same thing I was doing, using 3 adults and 1 child. It is actually 4 adults since the child in the OP's screenshot is 16. So you'd get $800 worth of cards for $700.

You did the same thing I was doing, using 3 adults and 1 child. It is actually 4 adults since the child in the OP's screenshot is 16. So you'd get $800 worth of cards for $700.
Thank you for explaining! I could not figure it out.

So it goes by dollar value rather then by meal per day? If that makes sense

Not a fan. It’s basically discounted gift cards to be used on food. Another slick way to get more money from us. DDP were much better when used properly. 2019 price was $78.01/adult $30.51/child per day.

I was starting to book a package for a trip in January and noticed they gave me the option to add a Disney Dining Card for QS. Here is the wording that is provided when selection the options. Sorry if this is a duplicate or already posted.

Enjoy Quick-Service Dining
Add a gift card (for each person in your party ages 3 and older) you can use at participating Quick-Service dining locations at Walt Disney World Resort. These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10+) per day and $15 per child (ages 3-9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card!

For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year old and one 8-year old, and you select the 5-Day Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value, for a total value of $675.

You can use the card’s value as you like, and even spend the entire value in one day.
There are quick service gift cards that can be added IF you are staying in certain resorts. For some reason if won’t let me post the link, but if you Google Disney world quick service card you will find this information straight from Disney.

They posted an article on the fourth and the plans seem to be exactly the same as they were before Covid. I hope this is accurate. Even IF with a price increase, I WANT MY DINING PLAN :guilty:
What was the article? I looked on the site and couldn’t find anything regarding the dining plan?

looks to me that the card costs the poster $140/day and they get 3 cards at $40/day and one card at $15/day--that totals $135. So it seems this is no discount--you basically break even!

I'm not getting any of this... so is it a discount or is it pixie dust thrown around to make it look like a discount??

well it's definitely not worth it for me - my daughter eats like a bird and i had the Sleeve done, so way too much food for either one of us even if we were allowed to just buy 1 card

It's now end of Dec with the variant in full swing, guessing no hint of the dining plan returning anytime soon? Our trip is end of August.

It's now end of Dec with the variant in full swing, guessing no hint of the dining plan returning anytime soon? Our trip is end of August.

Nope.

Keeping in mind that generally when Disney have had the dining plan, the contracts with restaurants are a 1/1 inception, calendar year. That there has not been a peep about negotiations with any restaurant for 1/1 suggests that they won't be doing it for 2022. The effort to contract for part year with everyone is pretty immense.

Nope.

Keeping in mind that generally when Disney have had the dining plan, the contracts with restaurants are a 1/1 inception, calendar year. That there has not been a peep about negotiations with any restaurant for 1/1 suggests that they won't be doing it for 2022. The effort to contract for part year with everyone is pretty immense.
Thanks for the info. Too bad. It would be nice to pay upfront and then not worry about price once there.
Oh well, can still book ADRs.

Nope.

I'm not sure. (A) When did word of their negotiations ever leak before? and (B) I don't believe the Dining Plan (as it is now/it's most recent iteration) launched on Jan 1. I don't think there's any reason to believe it won't be back in 2022 because we haven't already heard about it (and while negotiations for a partial year might not be ideal, I really can't see TWDC saying "We'll hold off on launching something that makes us profit until it's a new year"). During this time with covid, they're announcing things like restaurant openings as starting about 7-10 days ahead of time. Instead, my sense is that there have been some discussions/negotiations but there's likely an internal decision to hold off because staffing and supply chains are still so disrupted. I think that if/when those things ease off and 95-99% of WDW restaurants are back, then they'll finish negotiations and announce something. Not knowing how the supply chain and staffing stuff will go (especially as variants throw us curveballs), I think a dining plan will be announced this summer and available to purchase starting in August/September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter