Disney Dining Plan - Worth it for solo?

ArtistBruce24

Navy Veteran, working for the mouse
Hey Everyone!

I'm headed to WDW April 29-May 5 and I'm slated to have the Disney Dining Plan right now. According to the Disney Dining Calculator I'm only saving $1.91 if I get an appetizer, entree, and dessert each meal and stick with the plans I have now.

I've never gone to Disney solo and I went in Jan of this year with someone using the Deluxe Plan and realized that was wayyyyyy toooo much food. Can anyone give me some insight?

I attached the picture from the calculator so everyone an refer to it. My plan is to pay for California grill out of pocket because it assumes I'm getting a Appetizer and Dessert but I'm not.

http://imgur.com/a/Ifgj3

Seriously no, the DDP will not save you money. Order what you want & pay out of pocket, a convoluted system of dining credits is never easier than just paying for what you order....and it will not save you money. Have a terrific trip!

Hey Everyone!

I'm headed to WDW April 29-May 5 and I'm slated to have the Disney Dining Plan right now. According to the Disney Dining Calculator I'm only saving $1.91 if I get an appetizer, entree, and dessert each meal and stick with the plans I have now.

I've never gone to Disney solo and I went in Jan of this year with someone using the Deluxe Plan and realized that was wayyyyyy toooo much food. Can anyone give me some insight?

I attached the picture from the calculator so everyone an refer to it. My plan is to pay for California grill out of pocket because it assumes I'm getting a Appetizer and Dessert but I'm not.

http://imgur.com/a/Ifgj3
I wouldn't get it because sometimes you might want to skip dessert or wait and get something special later.

I've only had it once as a single traveler and just broke even but ate way too much so would not recommend it. Plus you'll have to have ADR's lined up everyday and I personally didn't enjoy being on a schedule like that, I prefer to just do a couple ADR's and then wing it the rest of the time.

F&G will still be happening at Epcot during your trip so you can assume you might want to do some eating at the booths. I wouldn't get it.

According to the Disney Dining Calculator I'm only saving $1.91 if I get an appetizer, entree, and dessert each meal and stick with the plans I have now.
That is a big IF and you could be wasting money if you don't stick to it. As much as the dinning plan sound good, I will not do it unless it is free. I eat differenly on vacation than at home but even if I ate the same as at home, paying for it would be a waste of money for me. Plus I don't want to be worried about spending enough or having to go or eat somewhere just because I have the plan. I think if I was one to pinch pennies, like some have used as a reason, I would do it just so I could eat without feeling guilty about spending too much. I am one to eat where and what I want.

Too funny I literally asked the same question a few days ago. Go see some of the responses I got. The best ones were...... " is it free?"

Basically what it comes down to for me is, I am a snacker more then a meal person. i want to be able to go... hmmm am I hungry now. I also don't want to feel like I am wasting half of the food because I have to have it. It is almost like a buffet mentality. Must get it and eat it because I must get my money's worth but really I don't want it and wouldn't eat it. And the off chance that someone at a flower and garden kiosk knows how to convert a meal into 3 snack credits when food and wine people couldn't figure it out.

I will be paying as I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter