• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Promo Card

Sherlee

Mouseketeer
Hi! Anybody recently back who used the Disney Dining Promo Card? I have the promotion booked for September and am curious on how it worked. Thanks!

Hi! Anybody recently back who used the Disney Dining Promo Card? I have the promotion booked for September and am curious on how it worked. Thanks!
I’m heading down there tomorrow on the promo and can let you know!

We just got back and used it. They emailed me the card when I checked in. (I went to the desk at Pop to ask about something but they automatically email the card). I was able to add it to my Apple wallet. It was $50/night staying at value. It has a bar code that places scanned. I also added it to my Disney gift card website so I could track balance. For some reason it never updated in my Apple wallet. We used it at flower and garden booths and quick and table service restaurants. When it got low they used remaining balance and then another form of payment. It worked very well. At table service he had a small device that scanned it.

We just got back and used it. They emailed me the card when I checked in. (I went to the desk at Pop to ask about something but they automatically email the card). I was able to add it to my Apple wallet. It was $50/night staying at value. It has a bar code that places scanned. I also added it to my Disney gift card website so I could track balance. For some reason it never updated in my Apple wallet. We used it at flower and garden booths and quick and table service restaurants. When it got low they used remaining balance and then another form of payment. It worked very well. At table service he had a small device that scanned it.
Thank you! That's great you can add it the Disney gift card website, I am hoping I can just do that and transfer it onto a physical card to make it easier.

Were you able to use it to cover the tip at a full service location?

I’m heading down there tomorrow on the promo and can let you know!
Have a great trip! We are waiting to hear back. I'm curious to hear of places you can't use it. I know candy counters, I'm wondering if Gideon's will take it. When you look up the package information on the Disney site, it had a link to included locations, Gideon's was listed.

Yes they used it for the whole meal including tip
Not sure if you tried...but are you able to charge to your room and then pay off using this card at the front desk? Would like the ability to not have to pull up a digital code every time we order something.

Not sure if you tried...but are you able to charge to your room and then pay off using this card at the front desk? Would like the ability to not have to pull up a digital code every time we order something.
I read somewhere in the terms that you had to use the card, that you cannot charge it back to your room account. Can't find it now....

I read somewhere in the terms that you had to use the card, that you cannot charge it back to your room account. Can't find it now....
I read that also in the deal terms, but I wonder if it just acts like a regular gift card and can indeed be used that way.

I don’t think you can pay off room charges with it but honestly didn’t try. I added the card to Apple wallet (a link to do so in email) and opened that at the restaurant. The server had a scanner he used then brought the usual paper to sign and leave a tip which showed my remaining balance on the card (before tip). This was skipper canteen in MK

This made me go look and found this, which makes sense and answers my question. Must have missed this originally.
IMG_20230710_175648.jpg

I hope they can give me a physical card. I don’t have apple wallet nor do I want to use the giftcard website. I also don’t want to keep using my phone for the email barcode.

I hope they can give me a physical card. I don’t have apple wallet nor do I want to use the giftcard website. I also don’t want to keep using my phone for the email barcode.
Same. Since it can be added to the gift card site I am hoping if I bring an empty card with me I can just transfer the balance to that. If not, maybe we can get the email printed.

Same. Since it can be added to the gift card site I am hoping if I bring an empty card with me I can just transfer the balance to that. If not, maybe we can get the email printed.
My best guess, without getting confirmation from someone who has tried, is that you wouldn't be able to transfer to a different card. This would allow you to use at non food operations and use it as a general gift card. It is likely a different category of gc. I also wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't add it to your account like other gift cards and rather could only check the value.

On the same page I found about not being able to use for portfolio payment, it says you can use a printed copy of the email.

Screenshot_2023-07-10-22-05-04-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter