Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased it and got an email right away (not the time I wanted) but at least I know it is working. I didn't get a text just an email. Anyone use Sprint and get a text? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I used this service and they found me a lunch ADR for Be our Guest at 1:10 pm and a 5:05 pm Be Our Guest reservation for dinner! I went from not having any Be Our Guest reservations to having to choose which ones to keep!

Wanted to chime in here, as I am new to the whole world of Disney vacation booking. Opportunity to go popped up 90 days prior to when our trip will be, and was shocked by how hard it was to get a reservation for a few of the 'must go' places. Wanted my daughter to have an amazing first time at Disney in all aspects... Things looked pretty bleak for getting into CRT and O'hana. Saw dining scout mentioned here and gave it a shot. A week later got a 2 texts over the course of 3 days, one for each at the perfect times for the reservations. Very impressed, and happy. They both came at times I would was no where near a laptop to be actively looking myself. Definitely worth the 4 bucks. Now just sitting back and waiting to take my little girl on what will hopefully be the first of many great family vacations at Disney!

Has anyone received notification on a free subscription?
I am lookin for BOG and H&V so maybe not times have popped up but I'm wondering if it's b/c it's just the free version of disney dining scout

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this. Last time we were at Disney was before everything went digital and you could book ADRs online. The Disney site has been very frustrating so I signed up for scout. It's amazing. This is going to help us be a whole lot less stressed while planning.

Yay! As I said before, I have a party of 8 so I knew BOG would be hard. Today, after about 4 weeks, I got a notification!

So it does payoff - maybe not immediately but eventually.

Second the thumbs up for this service. I signed up maybe two months ago and got an email notification this afternoon for a Nov. 20 reservation for five for dinner at Be Our Guest. I logged in and within 45 seconds had a reservation, although there were only two available after many being posted that week, apparently. But without this service I would have missed out.

I signed up for the 2 freebies with Scout. Still no e-mail after the flood of Dec BoGs opened up. I got my own today for X-Mas eve, because I was randomly checking the site. Don't think I'd pay for one of these sites :confused3.

I signed up for the 2 freebies with Scout. Still no e-mail after the flood of Dec BoGs opened up. I got my own today for X-Mas eve, because I was randomly checking the site. Don't think I'd pay for one of these sites :confused3.
I haven't tried the freebies but I've had good luck with the paid searches with Buddy and Scout.

I don't know about the freebies but my paid subscription only checks about every 30 minutes so I'd say your free ones check about that often or less. Since the tables that were added went in about 25 minutes there is a good chance your Scout could miss it and that's not really anyones fault. I have multiple searches set up for the ADRs I want so that my scout is searching more like every 15 minutes and had I only had the one search set up I would have missed getting a BOG reservations on the day I wanted as well. I really think Scout is a great service and for $3.99 for 6 months unlimited searches, it's probably the best $3.99 I've ever spent :)

I don't know about the freebies but my paid subscription only checks about every 30 minutes so I'd say your free ones check about that often or less. Since the tables that were added went in about 25 minutes there is a good chance your Scout could miss it and that's not really anyones fault. I have multiple searches set up for the ADRs I want so that my scout is searching more like every 15 minutes and had I only had the one search set up I would have missed getting a BOG reservations on the day I wanted as well. I really think Scout is a great service and for $3.99 for 6 months unlimited searches, it's probably the best $3.99 I've ever spent :)
I've done that, too. Multiple searches for the same ADR. I only have 1 left to snag plus a BOG breakfast if they extend them. Definitely worth the $!

I've done that, too. Multiple searches for the same ADR. I only have 1 left to snag plus a BOG breakfast if they extend them. Definitely worth the $!

We upgraded our free dining to deluxe a couple weeks ago so I'm on a hunt for character breakfasts now. But I set up a scout to notify if BOG breakfast gets extended because I'm thinking/hoping that people will cancel some of the breakfasts I'm looking for if they get a BOG breakfast :) I'm sure they will extend it they would be passing up a lot of money not to :)

We upgraded our free dining to deluxe a couple weeks ago so I'm on a hunt for character breakfasts now. But I set up a scout to notify if BOG breakfast gets extended because I'm thinking/hoping that people will cancel some of the breakfasts I'm looking for if they get a BOG breakfast :) I'm sure they will extend it they would be passing up a lot of money not to :)
I agree! The way the BOG ressies get snapped up I'm pretty sure it's a given that they'll extend the breakfasts! It's just a matter of when. Now we wait....:rolleyes1

You don't get email and text alerts with the free version.

You don't get email and text alerts with the free version.
It had me enter my e-mail address, but if this is true it'd be kind of pointless. If the free version actually worked I'd be more inclined to plonk down money for the paid version.

It had me enter my e-mail address, but if this is true it'd be kind of pointless. If the free version actually worked I'd be more inclined to plonk down money for the paid version.

I think that is correct the free version doesn't notify you. I'm remembering now from when I first found scout that you can set up watches but it won't notify you unless you subscribe. So basically the free version is just a way for you to put all the specific restaurants, dates, times all in one place rather than having to go to each restaurants' page on the Disney site or scroll through restaurants you don't care about if you just go to the make a reservation page on Disney's site. I think the free version works but I don't know how often it searches and it's not going to notify you. I don't work for scout and they aren't paying me to "sell" it to you but I mean what's $3.99 for a 6 month subscription to get the ADRs you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter