• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Discounts on MDE/ MagicBand

lordog

<font color=red>"Earning My Ears"? I was born with
Happy New Year!

I was wondering if discounts are automatic when using your magic band? I see in my MDE account under memberships and passes that it says Disney Visa Cardmember and DVC member so i was wondering when I do mobile order for food, will my discount automatically apply since I won’t be dealing with a cast member directly and will pay in the app? I would imagine when I do a table service restaurant that I can just show the cast member my cards unless that too is automatic when they scan my band.

Thank You!

As far as I know there is no discount info tied to your MagicBand profile.
Thank you. So how are people getting their discounts if you can’t order at quick service and show your discounts. I hear it is HIGHLY discouraged to go in the restaurant and order in person. So people don’t get any discounts at all, whether it’s AP, cast member, anything?

Thank you. So how are people getting their discounts if you can’t order at quick service and show your discounts. I hear it is HIGHLY discouraged to go in the restaurant and order in person. So people don’t get any discounts at all, whether it’s AP, cast member, anything?

I just did some searching. Looks like your discounts are saved in your MDE profile and are applied through the app when you do your pre-order, so they are saved, but it doesn't have anything to do with the Magic Band, but instead it is connected to your profile in the app.

We’ve never gotten a DVC or AP holder discount when paying with our MB at shops or QS dining. For shops we have to ask and usually have to show our card. For QS I don’t think there is a discount. We do have TIW, and fit that we have to show our card for TS discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter