Disney Dream - 10/3/23 4 nights from NYC - Halloween on the High Seas

ColeyColeBX

Earning My Ears
I just signed up after finding DIS through a blog post. I love that there’s a whole community! Planned this trip for my child’s 10th birthday & it’ll be our first cruise together.
A few newbie questions:
I’m not sure how to create a thread; I found the DCL thread list for this year & saw there’s no link under Dream October 3-7, 2023.
I’m hoping to find a fish extender meet link as well as lots of tips! Open to hearing info from all those who’ve sailed & any impt/helpful info to make this birthday trip fantastic!
Thank you!

Prebook the royal gathering before sailing. Sometimes it’s hard to meet princesses during the cruise especially during Halloween season. So if there is a chance to book it I recommend it

I just signed up after finding DIS through a blog post. I love that there’s a whole community! Planned this trip for my child’s 10th birthday & it’ll be our first cruise together.
A few newbie questions:
I’m not sure how to create a thread; I found the DCL thread list for this year & saw there’s no link under Dream October 3-7, 2023.
I’m hoping to find a fish extender meet link as well as lots of tips! Open to hearing info from all those who’ve sailed & any impt/helpful info to make this birthday trip fantastic!
Thank you!

Welcome to the Dis! I'm sure you will find lots of useful info here. :welcome:

You can go to the Cruise Meet Board and start a thread, just like you did here. Then let us know on the correct "Find Your Cruise Meet Here" thread and we can add it. If you prefer for this to be your cruise meet thread I can move it to the Cruise Meet Board and add it to the directory for you. Please let me know. :)

Sadly, most of these groups are on Mark Zuckerberg’s site - there are 2 threads there for the same cruise.

Sadly, most of these groups are on Mark Zuckerberg’s site - there are 2 threads there for the same cruise.
Yes, you’re right about that! I really don’t like using that platform at all but I did find those two groups after I didn’t get a reply here. This post is my second one (I might’ve posted the first one in the wrong place), I guess I thought I’d get an immediate reply lol, need to work on patience. :)
But I plan to keep checking here; that other platform is too dramatic at times.

Yes, you’re right about that! I really don’t like using that platform at all but I did find those two groups after I didn’t get a reply here. This post is my second one (I might’ve posted the first one in the wrong place), I guess I thought I’d get an immediate reply lol, need to work on patience. :)
But I plan to keep checking here; that other platform is too dramatic at times.
If you are already on the other platform definitely sign up for the group over there! My friend is on that cruise and in that group. The truth is almost no one does cruise groups on this platform anymore so I really doubt one will be started and if it is it won't be near as active. All of my cruise groups over there have been fantastic. To give you an idea we leave next month and do not have a group here, the other group has over 400 members with fish extender and magnet exchanges set up and constant posts/conversations daily!

When groups were active here, they were rare and little interaction on short cruises. With 3 months to go, I would not get hopeful. That said, I did meet some nice cruisers here for a recent cruise (and I booked just 5 weeks out). Just a couple, but they represented the spirit I am used to from this forum.

Good luck!

Prebook the royal gathering before sailing. Sometimes it’s hard to meet princesses during the cruise especially during Halloween season. So if there is a chance to book it I recommend it
Silly question, what is the royal gathering? Actually as I typed I realized I should just google.
Also, I’ve been so anxious waiting until 7/20 to book anything since it’s my first cruise but it is right around the corner now (I’ve been waiting since May).

If you are already on the other platform definitely sign up for the group over there! My friend is on that cruise and in that group. The truth is almost no one does cruise groups on this platform anymore so I really doubt one will be started and if it is it won't be near as active. All of my cruise groups over there have been fantastic. To give you an idea we leave next month and do not have a group here, the other group has over 400 members with fish extender and magnet exchanges set up and constant posts/conversations daily!
I did sign up for two groups over there! I found one fish extender group within the group as well. To be honest I have no idea where to start with figuring out what to get or what to set as a budget for the FE. I didn’t know about magnet exchanges. I definitely make my way over there to check on posts.

When groups were active here, they were rare and little interaction on short cruises. With 3 months to go, I would not get hopeful. That said, I did meet some nice cruisers here for a recent cruise (and I booked just 5 weeks out). Just a couple, but they represented the spirit I am used to from this forum.

Good luck!
Thank you so much!
I see there’s not much active here so I’ve gone over to the other side lol & joined two groups. I appreciate your advice! And I’m glad to hear you met some nice cruisers & booked a cruise! I hope you have a wonderful time!
Safe travels!

I created a thread for this years Oct 17th. 2023 - 4 night sailing out of New York to Canada. We also did one to Bermuda last year. I can link both here, maybe some info on those can be helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much!!
I’m definitely going to check out the links you sent!

FE - don’t go overboard! Most people have limited space in their luggage - so nothing bulky.

I received two Pixy Stix on my fish last cruise - my FE was pocketless - for decoration, not receiving gifts. That was a fun surprise. I enjoy the glow sticks they sell at Dollar Stores - sometimes several come in a pack and can be used for several people - wear them on Pirate Night and be done. No one has to pack them for the trip home.

It‘s easy to try to give nice things ($), but it’s more about finding something in the pocket. But not just something you would want to toss. I wouldn’t mind a magnet designed for the specific cruise - reusable for decorating the doors of future cruises (or your refrigerator). These can be done at home if you are creative. Print on magnetic paper or card stock (attach magnetic tape to back).

Glad you found a connection.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter