Magic 7 night or Dream 4 night

• Magic 7 night

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • Dream 4 night

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

GinaGWood

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first Disney cruise. I'm debating the Magic 7 night cruise with a port hole room or the Dream 4 night cruise with verandah. Which would you choose? What is the good and bad for each choice? How is it on deck 1 or 2 with a port hole vs 8, 9 or 10 with verandah? Thanks for your comments!

Hi

I've done both - and basically just with this option. One question - any children involved? With little kids you tend to keep the deck closed and locked. Personally I prefer the longer cruise with the cheaper room since Disney ships aren't really for sitting around having drinks on the balconey as much as others - if you have kids with you

We are going on our first Disney cruise. I'm debating the Magic 7 night cruise with a port hole room or the Dream 4 night cruise with verandah. Which would you choose? What is the good and bad for each choice? How is it on deck 1 or 2 with a port hole vs 8, 9 or 10 with verandah? Thanks for your comments!

If the price is the same either way, I'd go for the longer cruise. I think you would find that four days isn't nearly enough for a first cruise on the Dream.

Absolutely 7 over 4. I've done 4,5,7,8,10,and 14 night cruises. On a 4 you just get settled before you have to get ready to get off. Not much better on a 5. Dream is so big and crowded I cannot see getting relaxed. Magic is small though I enjoy that size. Ive had porthole and Verandah and actually prefer the porthole as I save money since I rarely use the verandah. Higher floor means more movement (which I enjoy) and really not much else. Deck two you are close to many more things except pool deck.

This is just my feelings and many factors apply to each personal case.

I'd also 'like' the comment above about the smaller ship. I've been on Magic and Dream and somehow the smaller one is just a touch better.

We just got off of a 4 night on the Magic and it was awesome. Wonderful service, never felt crowded, chose it over the Dream basically due to budget but now we would choose it again because it was so great, 7 nights would be fantastic!

I would definitely take the 7 night on the magic, but I would do an inside on deck 6, 7 or 8 instead of a porthole on deck 1 or 2.

Enjoy your first cruise!

huge verandah fan here and if I was forced to pick between the two I'd go with the inside room because longer is better

The only thing is, I would do a porthole on deck 2 and avoid deck 1 porthole rooms. In my opinion the one big window rooms on deck 2 are great (our first DCL cruise we spent 14 nights in one on the Magic), but I would almost have an inside rather than the 2 window thing. I've only been in those kind of rooms once, and if i recall correctly there are these heave metal coverings for the window...not my cup of tea.

The shortest cruise we did was 5 nights on the Magic and while it was great, it goes by FAST! I have yet to go on the Dream because of the short cruise and premium prices, but I would like to go sometime just to complete a grand slam and check it out. But for your first cruise 7 nights on the Magic on deck 2 sounds perfect.

I'm apparently the strange one here....I would suggest a 4 day in a heartbeat if its your first cruise and you have kids younger than 10. If its not your first cruise and you have older kids then the longer the better. I've done 3, 5 and a 7 day twice and enjoyed all vacations.

7 nights! The longer the better. Now I can't get myself into anything shorter. Did the 3,4,7,9,11 nights. Cannot get back on the dream cause it is too short.

We just made this decision for 2017. We chose 4 nights because it was our first cruise and we gave 2 kids and unsure if we'd like it or not. We chose verandah so we could have a bit more private space. I'd love to do a longer cruise too, so I know it's a hard choice. good luck making your choice!

7 nights on the Magic, hands down. We love the Magic and would take her in a heartbeat! One nice thing about the Magic is that she was given a number of upgrades a couple of years ago to bring it more in line with the newer ships. StudioSea was replaced with the D Lounge, Cabanas was put in vs the old cafeteria style buffet, the slides got major upgrades (if you like the traditional slide, the "Twist-n-Spout" slide on the Magic is the best of the 4 ships, IMHO. Also, the Aquadunk is fun as well.

However, one BIG thing I would say is that if both visit Castaway Cay, your experience will be much more relaxed there on the Magic vs. the Dream as you are sharing it with 1,400 less people (not that it's bad on the Dream or Fantasy as the island was expanded to handle the crowd level, it's just that you seem to have much more room to move around on the classic ships while there).

7 Night on the Magic. We've done both the 7night magic (inside) and 3 night Dream (verandah).

While we loved both, the 7 night was far superior in terms of relaxation and feeling like a real vacation. I did not feel the Dream was any better than the Magic, either. It has some cool little bells and whistles, but overall, we can't wait to sail a 7 day on the classic ships again.

I'm apparently the strange one here....I would suggest a 4 day in a heartbeat if its your first cruise and you have kids younger than 10. If its not your first cruise and you have older kids then the longer the better. I've done 3, 5 and a 7 day twice and enjoyed all vacations.

This is my opinion too. We had two families, 4 kids total. Our family's first cruise. Glad we went 4 days for our first trip BUT we did enjoy it so much that I wished it was a day or two longer. Once we got the hang of it, there was so much to see & do. At least now, we know we liked it! Patiently waiting summer 2017 to come out!

Our first & only cruise was 4 nights on the Dream, deck 9 w/verandah. We loved it & hope to do it again in 2017. Best of luck deciding. Either way, you will have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter